News:

mmmhhphh hmmph I chhoudnph hcjear youph wiff fis crunphing in my mouphthmph.

Main Menu

4-0

Started by Alice, October 01, 2006, 11:50:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Alice

Bitches.  Four and oh.    :-*

JJ

I have absolutely no idea what you're talking about...but...wanna snuggle?

Bennyhana

She's talking about the BEARS!!!111

They totally kicked the reigning NFC champs in the face with a steel-toed boot tonight.

In the face.

eo000

VikingJuice

The Bears look fantastic!!!  I just read that over their last 9 regular season games, they're only giving up 5.5 a game!!  That's crazy good.  That's better than the '85 Bears good. 

If they can just keep Grossman upright and in one piece(three years cut short due to injury), they've gotta be favorites to go all the way. 

DA BEARSssss!!!!

[attachment deleted by admin]

Bennyhana

Quote from: The artist formerly known as VJ on October 02, 2006, 08:52:07 AM
The Bears look fantastic!!!  I just read that over their last 9 regular season games, they're only giving up 5.5 a game!!  That's crazy good.  That's better than the '85 Bears good. 

If they can just keep Grossman upright and in one piece(three years cut short due to injury), they've gotta be favorites to go all the way. 

DA BEARSssss!!!!

Now I'm not gonna say anything about going "all the way," but this year if Grossman does go down, we have Brian Griese, who looked...well, way better than Kyle Orton in the preseason.  So, I'm feeling good about the Bears' offense this year.  I mean, having scored 26, 34, 19, and 37 points (while still playing good D), how could you not?

BigDun

Why do you get your hopes up? You know they are going to self destruct sooner or later.
16:26:25 [DownSouth] I'm in a monkey rutt

Listener

Quote from: BigDun on October 02, 2006, 09:54:45 AM
Why do you get your hopes up? You know they are going to self destruct sooner or later.

They didn't last year.

This could be the year they go all the way, although if they play Seattle again in Seattle, the crowd will be the deciding factor.

Alice

Quote from: Listener on October 02, 2006, 09:57:08 AM

They didn't last year.

This could be the year they go all the way, although if they play Seattle again in Seattle, the crowd will be the deciding factor.
When the score is 37 to 6, I highly doubt the crowd can be considered the deciding factor.

Now if you want to say that Shaun Alexander getting back in the game would be a deciding factor, that would still be a bit closer to reality than the fans.  But in reality, Hasslebeck couldn't hold up to the Bears Defense.  He was sacked numerous times and was pressured to throw the ball - which resulted in a few interceptions. 

Yeah, the Seahawks are a very good offensive team - however anytime you put the best offensive team against the best defensive team - the defensive team will always win.  If we had a rematch, which I don't believe we do, we'd win again.

Listener

Quote from: Alice on October 02, 2006, 10:14:45 AM
Quote from: Listener on October 02, 2006, 09:57:08 AM

They didn't last year.

When the score is 37 to 6, I highly doubt the crowd can be considered the deciding factor.

Now if you want to say that Shaun Alexander getting back in the game would be a deciding factor, that would still be a bit closer to reality than the fans.  But in reality, Hasslebeck couldn't hold up to the Bears Defense.  He was sacked numerous times and was pressured to throw the ball - which resulted in a few interceptions. 

Yeah, the Seahawks are a very good offensive team - however anytime you put the best offensive team against the best defensive team - the defensive team will always win.  If we had a rematch, which I don't believe we do, we'd win again.

Yeah, Shaun Alexander is a part of it too.

If there's a rematch, it'll be in the playoffs. 

Jessie

I used to live in Shaun ALexander's hometown.
we should have kept the quote pyramid up to rape Jessie in the face.

swolt

A clever man commits no minor blunders.

VikingJuice

Bennyhana

If you live somewhere other than Baltimore or Indianapolis, I invite you to suck it.   ;D

Bennyhana

6 and Ugh.

I guess the Bears decided to leave the offense in Chicago for this one.   They clearly don't really need it.  I mean, seriously, how many defenses that EVER played can say that they've done for their team what the bears' defense has done in the last year?

eo000

that was insane last night.

Alice

Oh my god.  That was the most bizzare game I've ever seen.   Thank god for Urlacher getting really pissed toward the end and carrying the team.

Bennyhana

Quote from: Alice on October 17, 2006, 07:39:21 AM
Oh my god.  That was the most bizzare game I've ever seen.   Thank god for Urlacher getting really pissed toward the end and carrying the team.

No shit.  I thing the  real turning point in the game was where he ripped he ball out of Edgerrin James' hands.  Dennis Green said they let the Bears have it, and that the Bears weren't as good as everyone says, but I think it was more a case of the Bears just taking it away.  Hopefully, Grossman can learn from his mistakes and settle down next time they're behind.

Alice

Quote from: Bennyhana on October 17, 2006, 08:29:19 AM
Hopefully, Grossman can learn from his mistakes and settle down next time they're behind.
He's amazing at the short passes.  He needed to throw for first downs, not touchdowns.  After all, why worry about touchdowns when your defense is scoring them for you.  ;)

VikingJuice

Urlacher:  1 blocked pass, one forced fumble and 19 tackles!!

Alice

Quote from: YourMom(VJ) on October 17, 2006, 06:41:30 PM
He's a machine.

Bennyhana

Quote from: Alice on October 17, 2006, 07:07:01 PM
He's a machine.

I looked at the season stats, and it's not that he's getting all the tackles; Lance Briggs actually has more this year.  It's more that he looks more amazing when he's chasing runningbacks down from behind.  And in any play where he wasn't in on the tackle, you almost always see him get there right afterwards, from halfway across the field.  There was one play last night where he hit Leinart as he threw, having waited a couple of seconds to come in, and the speed with which he came seemed superhuman.  I hope his contract isn't up any time soon.

All this cheering for the bears said, Leinart had a pretty good game last night.  It certainly wasn't his fault that they lost.  I think that kid has a future.

VikingJuice

Quote from: Bennyhana on October 17, 2006, 07:16:06 PM
He's a machine.

I looked at the season stats, and it's not that he's getting all the tackles; Lance Briggs actually has more this year.  It's more that he looks more amazing when he's chasing runningbacks down from behind.  And in any play where he wasn't in on the tackle, you almost always see him get there right afterwards, from halfway across the field.  There was one play last night where he hit Leinart as he threw, having waited a couple of seconds to come in, and the speed with which he came seemed superhuman.  I hope his contract isn't up any time soon.

All this cheering for the bears said, Leinart had a pretty good game last night.  It certainly wasn't his fault that they lost.  I think that kid has a future.

I agree.  The kid looks like the real deal.  He sounded even better.  I listened to him in the press conference afterwards and he sounded like a vet QB or even a coach in his breakdown of the game and how things went.  If early indications mean anything, I think he's going to have a very bright future even with that moribund franchise.

Bennyhana

Quote from: YourMom(VJ) on October 17, 2006, 11:14:19 PM
He's a machine.

I agree.  The kid looks like the real deal.  He sounded even better.  I listened to him in the press conference afterwards and he sounded like a vet QB or even a coach in his breakdown of the game and how things went.  If early indications mean anything, I think he's going to have a very bright future even with that moribund franchise.

Moribund?  Way to throw in a $2 word to a football discussion!

VikingJuice

Quote from: Bennyhana on October 17, 2006, 11:27:43 PM
Quote from: YourMom(VJ) on October 17, 2006, 11:14:19 PM
He's a machine.

Moribund?  Way to throw in a $2 word to a football discussion!

I got's mad vocab skeels biatch!