News:

03/23/05 10,000th post provided by Cnamon!

Main Menu

4-0

Started by Alice, October 01, 2006, 11:50:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Alice

Quote from: Bennyhana on November 13, 2006, 12:15:47 AM
Hoooo boy.  Didja SEE that shit?  The Bears really proved something tonight-they can win against a good team even if they have a really rocky start.
Grossman just needs to learn to calm down.  Once he gets that down - I think he can be one of the best QBs in the NFL.  It'll probably take a year or two for him to get there though.

And how friggin funny was that missed field goal return?  Especially Lovey's reaction.

P.S.  I hate John Madden.

Bennyhana

Quote from: Alice on November 13, 2006, 08:15:16 AM
Hoooo boy.  Didja SEE that shit?  The Bears really proved something tonight-they can win against a good team even if they have a really rocky start.
Grossman just needs to learn to calm down.  Once he gets that down - I think he can be one of the best QBs in the NFL.  It'll probably take a year or two for him to get there though.

And how friggin funny was that missed field goal return?  Especially Lovey's reaction.

I don't think it was Grossman last night.  His 1 Interception wasn't really his fault (he was blindsided as he threw).  I mean, they were having worse trouble getting the running game going.  I think they had negative rushing yards until Jones broke that one on 3rd and 22.  If anything, I think grossman proved last night that he can settle down after having trouble early. 

Alice

Quote from: Bennyhana on November 13, 2006, 08:31:25 AM

I don't think it was Grossman last night.  His 1 Interception wasn't really his fault (he was blindsided as he threw).  I mean, they were having worse trouble getting the running game going.  I think they had negative rushing yards until Jones broke that one on 3rd and 22.  If anything, I think grossman proved last night that he can settle down after having trouble early. 
He wasn't completing many passes in the first half though at all.  And yes, he was great after he calmed down.  Which is why I think he needs to calm the eff down sooner.

And I'd love to hate Tiki Barber, but I can't.  I love that guy.

Bennyhana

Quote from: Alice on November 13, 2006, 08:33:15 AM
Quote from: Bennyhana on November 13, 2006, 08:31:25 AM

He wasn't completing many passes in the first half though at all.  And yes, he was great after he calmed down.  Which is why I think he needs to calm the eff down sooner.

And I'd love to hate Tiki Barber, but I can't.  I love that guy.

No reason to hate him as long as the Bears win.

I have to say that I can't really hate anyone who has a smile that big on their face while they're playing.

dazie

Quote from: Bennyhana on November 13, 2006, 12:31:48 PM
I have to say that I can't really hate anyone who has a smile that big on their face while they're playing.

We hooked up the bunny ear antenna to the TV and Ursus watched some of that game.  I agree- he looks like he is PLAYING A GAME even though he's knocking people down and being all kickass.  Having fun and getting paid to do it.  I wish I could say the same!
"Pinky, are you pondering what I'm pondering?"
I think so, Brain, but how will we get the Spice Girls into the paella?

VikingJuice

Quote from: dazie on November 13, 2006, 12:35:38 PM
Quote from: Bennyhana on November 13, 2006, 12:31:48 PM

We hooked up the bunny ear antenna to the TV and Ursus watched some of that game.  I agree- he looks like he is PLAYING A GAME even though he's knocking people down and being all kickass.  Having fun and getting paid to do it.  I wish I could say the same!

I think part of that grin is knowing that this is his last season and he'll walk away from the game in the prime of his life as a very rich man with a bright future in broadcast or whatever else tickles his fancy.  He's very bright and I think has a double degree in something or other(I forget what).  I used to knock him early in his career as being nothing more than a third down back but he's earned my respect dozens of times over since then.  I tip my hat to the man.  The Giants will miss him.

Alice

I want to invite Tiki Barber, Lovie Smith and Cedric Benson to Thanksgiving.

Bennyhana

Quote from: Alice on November 14, 2006, 08:25:05 AM

Benson would show up late and eat more than his share.

Alice

Quote from: Bennyhana on November 14, 2006, 09:23:28 AM

Actually, he'd probably be too busy lifting weights to come eat my turkey. :(

DownSouth

Quote from: Alice on November 14, 2006, 09:33:22 AM

Is that what you're calling it now?
16:15:43 [Gamplayerx] Juneau, I could really go for some pie. You better Belize it!

Alice

Quote from: DownSouth on November 14, 2006, 09:55:24 AM

Bennyhana

Quote from: DownSouth on November 14, 2006, 09:55:24 AM

BWAAAAHAHAHAHAHA!

Jessie

I sure hope someone eats my turkey over Thanksgiving.
we should have kept the quote pyramid up to rape Jessie in the face.

Bennyhana

Quote from: Jessie on November 14, 2006, 11:35:28 AM

You can have Devin Hester.

Alice

I don't think anyone will be touching my turkey for a long while, except for myself.  There is nothing better than waking up in the middle of the night and making a turkey sandwich.

Bennyhana

Quote from: Alice on November 14, 2006, 11:50:07 AM
I don't think anyone will be touching my turkey for a long while, except for myself.  There is nothing better than waking up in the middle of the night and making a turkey sandwich.

So, taking this metaphor to its bitter conclusion, what does it mean that I love stuffing?

Alice

Quote from: Bennyhana on November 14, 2006, 12:03:42 PM
Quote from: Alice on November 14, 2006, 11:50:07 AM

So, taking this metaphor to its bitter conclusion, what does it mean that I love stuffing?
You should become a Scientologist.

Alice

eo000

Alice

Infobahn

Bennyhana

Quote from: Alice on November 19, 2006, 11:17:25 PM
Quote from: eo000 on November 19, 2006, 09:46:26 PM
houshmanzada?
Thomas Jones.

I'd like to know exactly why they kept running Jones on 3rd and goal when

1.Literally every play of the drive was a handoff to him, and
2. 1st and goal and 2nd and goal he went nowhere.

I know that they still won and everything, it just seemed to me that they should've at LEAST put in Benson to change it up slightly.

Alice

They did put Benson in - just not very much.  I agree during conversions they need to put Benson in more - he can get up and over the other players a lot in the middle pack.

I think part of the reason they played TJ so much is that he is finally recovering from his pulled muscle... so they're getting him warmed up in that game before they go against the Pats.

Bennyhana

Quote from: Alice on November 20, 2006, 10:04:58 AM
They did put Benson in - just not very much.  I agree during conversions they need to put Benson in more - he can get up and over the other players a lot in the middle pack.

I think part of the reason they played TJ so much is that he is finally recovering from his pulled muscle... so they're getting him warmed up in that game before they go against the Pats.

I was talking specifically on that 3rd and goal where Jones was stopped at the line of scrimmage for the 3rd time straight, when they were on the 4 or 5 yard line.  It just didn't seem like good play calling.

Alice

Quote from: Bennyhana on November 20, 2006, 10:13:51 AM
I was talking specifically on that 3rd and goal where Jones was stopped at the line of scrimmage for the 3rd time straight, when they were on the 4 or 5 yard line.  It just didn't seem like good play calling.
Oh yeah... I don't know why they did that.  I can understand not doing any short passing because Grossman was getting the hell blitzed out of him... but who didn't know they were going to run with Jones?