News:

04/07/05 1000th thread provided by Cnamon! This isn't really JuntoOnline. It's CnamonOnline!

Main Menu

4-0

Started by Alice, October 01, 2006, 11:50:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bennyhana

Quote from: Alice on January 22, 2007, 01:33:06 PM
You all need to learn Bear Down by the Superbowl, so you can sing along.

Also, when Muhammed makes a great play - they aren't booing him... they're saying "MOOOOOOSE!"

Oh, and Cedric Benson rules.

It's the superbowl; there won't be any fans there.

Alice

Bennyhana

Quote from: Alice on January 22, 2007, 02:54:31 PM
True.  :-\

Don't worry.  We'll be gathered in clusters around every television set we can find, wherever we are, and our voices together will carry to Miami.

The colts fans, being from Indiana, will miss the game because they don't observe daylight saving time.

DownSouth

Quote from: Alice on January 22, 2007, 12:26:25 PM
He's a Scot.  But I'll let him know.

Still - I'm pushing for the Puppy Bowl.  At least for 5 minutes.  I love that show.
It's from Summer Rental.  You dumb Swede!
16:15:43 [Gamplayerx] Juneau, I could really go for some pie. You better Belize it!

VikingJuice

Ced Benson beats the rap...again.  By this article's count, he's been arrested 5 times since 2003, and not a single charge has stuck. 

I guess he must be using the Johnny Cochran "Wookie" defense because this makes no sense in the real world.  The guy is a has-been and is still getting breaks.

I could possibly inclined to believe if a man was arrested and then later not charged, that there were some mistakes made or perhaps it was a sting or even an example of profiling...but 5 times.  Dude's guilty of something I'm sure.

Alice

He's black and lives in Florida.  It's not that far of a stretch to think he's been arrested for no reason, especially for the shit he's been arrested for.  Did you hear the phone calls going on during the boating incident? 

And five times?  Where are you getting that number from?

VikingJuice

Quote from: Alice on September 25, 2008, 10:39:06 PM
He's black and lives in Florida.  It's not that far of a stretch to think he's been arrested for no reason, especially for the shit he's been arrested for.  Did you hear the phone calls going on during the boating incident? 

And five times?  Where are you getting that number from?

QuoteThe Bears cut Benson after the second arrest in Austin. He is a free agent. Benson's agent did not return a phone call Thursday left by The Associated Press.

Benson was arrested when he was a student at the University of Texas in 2003 on a misdemeanor criminal trespassing charge. Misdemeanor drug and alcohol charges against him were dropped in 2002 after an arrest in Midland.

I think I counted one arrest as two though for two different charges.  My bad.  So his total is 4 by this count and all 4 were in Texas, 3 in Austin and 1 in Midland.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3609632

Alice

Gah, I meant Texas.  Yeah, if they arrested him because he was drunk, but didn't do a breathalyzer and the video shows that he was fine... I'm not sure how this means he has a good lawyer.  Black people get arrested sometimes because they are black.  It sucks, but it happens a lot still.

VikingJuice

Quote from: Alice on September 26, 2008, 10:26:40 PM
Gah, I meant Texas.  Yeah, if they arrested him because he was drunk, but didn't do a breathalyzer and the video shows that he was fine... I'm not sure how this means he has a good lawyer.  Black people get arrested sometimes because they are black.  It sucks, but it happens a lot still.

This I know for sure does happen a lot here in the south.  But when the dude's been arrested 4 times, you gotta think he's putting himself into obviously questionable circumstances over and over. 

The breathalyser deal is sketchy to be sure, but not all arrests for suspected DWI use that for some reason.  I would think the cops would want to use that in every suspected case but I think it might be a budget issue.

Alice

Yeah, I can understand why it would be suspect.  But the fact that it was dropped so quickly and every time leads me to think otherwise - the dude isn't really rich.  He's not like some of the higher NFL players.  I can't imagine him getting off of these because he's rich.

VikingJuice

Quote from: Alice on September 28, 2008, 01:29:49 PM
Yeah, I can understand why it would be suspect.  But the fact that it was dropped so quickly and every time leads me to think otherwise - the dude isn't really rich.  He's not like some of the higher NFL players.  I can't imagine him getting off of these because he's rich.

I understand what you're saying.  It may not be the rich thing at all that got him off.  It could also be dumb cops over-stating a situation.  It could be incompetent cops not processing paperwork properly.  It could be a softy judge.  And he could even be innocent of each situation.  It still looks really bad.

FYI: his first contract was for 5 yrs @ 35million, 16 million guaranteed which includes a 4 million signing bonus as a combined multi-bonus package for the other 12 million. 

VikingJuice

That Hester TD right before half was fan-freakin'-tastic!!

I'm happy that Orton is playing so well.  He played very well and won most of his games his rookie year back in '05, and I believe he went 10-5 as a starter, but got shafted out of a starting job because of the team's earlier selection of Rex Grossman who went on to suck at prolific levels once he was named starter.  Yes, Grossman was a small part in them reaching the Super Bowl, but he was also a big part of them losing that game along with a lot of others before and after.

Go Orton!