News:

Speaking as a chick, I just can't get enough of the wang bone.

Main Menu

4-0

Started by Alice, October 01, 2006, 11:50:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Alice

Bitches.  Four and oh.    :-*

JJ

I have absolutely no idea what you're talking about...but...wanna snuggle?

Bennyhana

She's talking about the BEARS!!!111

They totally kicked the reigning NFC champs in the face with a steel-toed boot tonight.

In the face.

eo000

VikingJuice

The Bears look fantastic!!!  I just read that over their last 9 regular season games, they're only giving up 5.5 a game!!  That's crazy good.  That's better than the '85 Bears good. 

If they can just keep Grossman upright and in one piece(three years cut short due to injury), they've gotta be favorites to go all the way. 

DA BEARSssss!!!!

[attachment deleted by admin]

Bennyhana

Quote from: The artist formerly known as VJ on October 02, 2006, 08:52:07 AM
The Bears look fantastic!!!  I just read that over their last 9 regular season games, they're only giving up 5.5 a game!!  That's crazy good.  That's better than the '85 Bears good. 

If they can just keep Grossman upright and in one piece(three years cut short due to injury), they've gotta be favorites to go all the way. 

DA BEARSssss!!!!

Now I'm not gonna say anything about going "all the way," but this year if Grossman does go down, we have Brian Griese, who looked...well, way better than Kyle Orton in the preseason.  So, I'm feeling good about the Bears' offense this year.  I mean, having scored 26, 34, 19, and 37 points (while still playing good D), how could you not?

BigDun

Why do you get your hopes up? You know they are going to self destruct sooner or later.
16:26:25 [DownSouth] I'm in a monkey rutt

Listener

Quote from: BigDun on October 02, 2006, 09:54:45 AM
Why do you get your hopes up? You know they are going to self destruct sooner or later.

They didn't last year.

This could be the year they go all the way, although if they play Seattle again in Seattle, the crowd will be the deciding factor.

Alice

Quote from: Listener on October 02, 2006, 09:57:08 AM

They didn't last year.

This could be the year they go all the way, although if they play Seattle again in Seattle, the crowd will be the deciding factor.
When the score is 37 to 6, I highly doubt the crowd can be considered the deciding factor.

Now if you want to say that Shaun Alexander getting back in the game would be a deciding factor, that would still be a bit closer to reality than the fans.  But in reality, Hasslebeck couldn't hold up to the Bears Defense.  He was sacked numerous times and was pressured to throw the ball - which resulted in a few interceptions. 

Yeah, the Seahawks are a very good offensive team - however anytime you put the best offensive team against the best defensive team - the defensive team will always win.  If we had a rematch, which I don't believe we do, we'd win again.

Listener

Quote from: Alice on October 02, 2006, 10:14:45 AM
Quote from: Listener on October 02, 2006, 09:57:08 AM

They didn't last year.

When the score is 37 to 6, I highly doubt the crowd can be considered the deciding factor.

Now if you want to say that Shaun Alexander getting back in the game would be a deciding factor, that would still be a bit closer to reality than the fans.  But in reality, Hasslebeck couldn't hold up to the Bears Defense.  He was sacked numerous times and was pressured to throw the ball - which resulted in a few interceptions. 

Yeah, the Seahawks are a very good offensive team - however anytime you put the best offensive team against the best defensive team - the defensive team will always win.  If we had a rematch, which I don't believe we do, we'd win again.

Yeah, Shaun Alexander is a part of it too.

If there's a rematch, it'll be in the playoffs. 

Jessie

I used to live in Shaun ALexander's hometown.
we should have kept the quote pyramid up to rape Jessie in the face.

swolt

A clever man commits no minor blunders.

VikingJuice

Bennyhana

If you live somewhere other than Baltimore or Indianapolis, I invite you to suck it.   ;D

Bennyhana

6 and Ugh.

I guess the Bears decided to leave the offense in Chicago for this one.   They clearly don't really need it.  I mean, seriously, how many defenses that EVER played can say that they've done for their team what the bears' defense has done in the last year?

eo000

that was insane last night.

Alice

Oh my god.  That was the most bizzare game I've ever seen.   Thank god for Urlacher getting really pissed toward the end and carrying the team.

Bennyhana

Quote from: Alice on October 17, 2006, 07:39:21 AM
Oh my god.  That was the most bizzare game I've ever seen.   Thank god for Urlacher getting really pissed toward the end and carrying the team.

No shit.  I thing the  real turning point in the game was where he ripped he ball out of Edgerrin James' hands.  Dennis Green said they let the Bears have it, and that the Bears weren't as good as everyone says, but I think it was more a case of the Bears just taking it away.  Hopefully, Grossman can learn from his mistakes and settle down next time they're behind.

Alice

Quote from: Bennyhana on October 17, 2006, 08:29:19 AM
Hopefully, Grossman can learn from his mistakes and settle down next time they're behind.
He's amazing at the short passes.  He needed to throw for first downs, not touchdowns.  After all, why worry about touchdowns when your defense is scoring them for you.  ;)

VikingJuice

Urlacher:  1 blocked pass, one forced fumble and 19 tackles!!

Alice

Quote from: YourMom(VJ) on October 17, 2006, 06:41:30 PM
He's a machine.

Bennyhana

Quote from: Alice on October 17, 2006, 07:07:01 PM
He's a machine.

I looked at the season stats, and it's not that he's getting all the tackles; Lance Briggs actually has more this year.  It's more that he looks more amazing when he's chasing runningbacks down from behind.  And in any play where he wasn't in on the tackle, you almost always see him get there right afterwards, from halfway across the field.  There was one play last night where he hit Leinart as he threw, having waited a couple of seconds to come in, and the speed with which he came seemed superhuman.  I hope his contract isn't up any time soon.

All this cheering for the bears said, Leinart had a pretty good game last night.  It certainly wasn't his fault that they lost.  I think that kid has a future.

VikingJuice

Quote from: Bennyhana on October 17, 2006, 07:16:06 PM
He's a machine.

I looked at the season stats, and it's not that he's getting all the tackles; Lance Briggs actually has more this year.  It's more that he looks more amazing when he's chasing runningbacks down from behind.  And in any play where he wasn't in on the tackle, you almost always see him get there right afterwards, from halfway across the field.  There was one play last night where he hit Leinart as he threw, having waited a couple of seconds to come in, and the speed with which he came seemed superhuman.  I hope his contract isn't up any time soon.

All this cheering for the bears said, Leinart had a pretty good game last night.  It certainly wasn't his fault that they lost.  I think that kid has a future.

I agree.  The kid looks like the real deal.  He sounded even better.  I listened to him in the press conference afterwards and he sounded like a vet QB or even a coach in his breakdown of the game and how things went.  If early indications mean anything, I think he's going to have a very bright future even with that moribund franchise.

Bennyhana

Quote from: YourMom(VJ) on October 17, 2006, 11:14:19 PM
He's a machine.

I agree.  The kid looks like the real deal.  He sounded even better.  I listened to him in the press conference afterwards and he sounded like a vet QB or even a coach in his breakdown of the game and how things went.  If early indications mean anything, I think he's going to have a very bright future even with that moribund franchise.

Moribund?  Way to throw in a $2 word to a football discussion!

VikingJuice

Quote from: Bennyhana on October 17, 2006, 11:27:43 PM
Quote from: YourMom(VJ) on October 17, 2006, 11:14:19 PM
He's a machine.

Moribund?  Way to throw in a $2 word to a football discussion!

I got's mad vocab skeels biatch!

Dry then Catch

The Bears are storied and are one of the most iconic teams in pro sports.

On the other hand the Cardinals are the Washington Generals of pro sports.  They are set up only to be knocked down. The players are transitory, faceless with no connection or sentimentality to community (unlike say the Suns and the Dbacks and even the Coyotes).  The poshness and allure of the $500 million University of Phoenix stadium can only hold fans so much when they have never captured anyone's heart. 

Bennyhana

49ers / 7 bears scores = Bears 7-0

Jessie

Hey, Louisville is 7-0, too!

I know, college, not pro, but still!

Alice

My prediction:  Bears vs. Colts in the Superbowl.

VikingJuice

Quote from: Alice on October 30, 2006, 01:25:44 PM
My prediction:  Bears vs. Colts in the Superbowl.

That would be a fantastic game! 

Colts still have to stop choking in the playoffs.

VikingJuice

I know it only brings my beloved 'Fins to 2 and 6 but HOW 'BOUT THEM DOLPHINS!!!!!!  They went into Chicago, who was probably looking ahead to the Giants next week, and bitch slapped the mighty Bears!!!  I sat in the sports bar today beaming with pride.  I know my boys don't even have a shot at the playoffs but this was a sweet sweet win.

1 Beer.................. $3

Buffalo wings.......... $5.75

Knowing my Dolphins prevented two Chicago Bears undefeated seasons(1985, 2006)........................ PRICELESS!!!!!

Jessie

Alice is going to hurt you :)

Alice

I DON'T WANT TO TALK ABOUT IT.

Bennyhana

Quote from: YourMom(VJ) on November 05, 2006, 05:28:35 PM
I know it only brings my beloved 'Fins to 2 and 6 but HOW 'BOUT THEM DOLPHINS!!!!!!  They went into Chicago, who was probably looking ahead to the Giants next week, and bitch slapped the mighty Bears!!!  I sat in the sports bar today beaming with pride.  I know my boys don't even have a shot at the playoffs but this was a sweet sweet win.

1 Beer.................. $3

Buffalo wings.......... $5.75

Knowing my Dolphins prevented two Chicago Bears undefeated seasons(1985, 2006)........................ PRICELESS!!!!!

Having no one but the dolphins beat you in two seasons is a great problem to have.

Alice

I'm sad they only make women's jerseys in Urlacher and Grossman.  I want a Cedric Benson one.  :(

VikingJuice

Quote from: Alice on November 06, 2006, 08:20:58 AM
I'm sad they only make women's jerseys in Urlacher and Grossman.  I want a Cedric Benson one.  :(

When he actually becomes a starter, probably next season, they'll be all over the place.

Bennyhana

Quote from: Alice on November 06, 2006, 08:20:58 AM

What is different about a "woman's" jersey?  Fuck that.  Damn the man.

VikingJuice

I think she meant the pink ones.  All I could find was a pink Grossman after a quick search.  I look more tomorrow.

Alice

No, I don't want a pink one.  I want a women's one because they're fitted for a woman's body & don't make you look like you should be on the field with the Bears.

Bennyhana

Quote from: Alice on November 07, 2006, 08:17:43 AM
No, I don't want a pink one.  I want a women's one because they're fitted for a woman's body & don't make you look like you should be on the field with the Bears.

Thank god.  I thought he was right for a second and I got worried.  Pink jerseys are for girls who are dragged to the game by their husbands, not those who watch on their own.

Gamplayerx

Silly me. I thought that jerseys were for the players.  :D

dazie

Quote from: Gamplayerx on November 07, 2006, 11:09:07 AM

I thought they were cows.
"Pinky, are you pondering what I'm pondering?"
I think so, Brain, but how will we get the Spice Girls into the paella?

Alice

You're not very bright, are you?

Gamplayerx

Quote from: Alice on November 07, 2006, 11:29:13 AM
Guess not.

Alice

Quote from: Gamplayerx on November 07, 2006, 11:36:02 AM
Guess not.
Fans wear jerseys, and players swap clothes with fans.  It's a new thing the NFL is trying.  Please try and keep up.

DownSouth

Quote from: Alice on November 07, 2006, 11:37:28 AM
Guess not.
Fans wear jerseys, and players swap clothes with fans.  It's a new thing the NFL is trying.  Please try and keep up.
NBA palyers just swap punches with fans.
16:15:43 [Gamplayerx] Juneau, I could really go for some pie. You better Belize it!

Bennyhana

Quote from: DownSouth on November 07, 2006, 11:57:56 AM
Quote from: Alice on November 07, 2006, 11:37:28 AM
Guess not.
NBA palyers just swap punches with fans.

ZING!

I think it would be really funny to see Kieth Traylor in some chick's tank top and jean skirt.  I guess he'd need one for each thigh.

I just threw up in my mouth a little.

Bennyhana

Hoooo boy.  Didja SEE that shit?  The Bears really proved something tonight-they can win against a good team even if they have a really rocky start.

Alice

Quote from: Bennyhana on November 13, 2006, 12:15:47 AM
Hoooo boy.  Didja SEE that shit?  The Bears really proved something tonight-they can win against a good team even if they have a really rocky start.
Grossman just needs to learn to calm down.  Once he gets that down - I think he can be one of the best QBs in the NFL.  It'll probably take a year or two for him to get there though.

And how friggin funny was that missed field goal return?  Especially Lovey's reaction.

P.S.  I hate John Madden.

Bennyhana

Quote from: Alice on November 13, 2006, 08:15:16 AM
Grossman just needs to learn to calm down.  Once he gets that down - I think he can be one of the best QBs in the NFL.  It'll probably take a year or two for him to get there though.

And how friggin funny was that missed field goal return?  Especially Lovey's reaction.

I don't think it was Grossman last night.  His 1 Interception wasn't really his fault (he was blindsided as he threw).  I mean, they were having worse trouble getting the running game going.  I think they had negative rushing yards until Jones broke that one on 3rd and 22.  If anything, I think grossman proved last night that he can settle down after having trouble early. 

Alice

Quote from: Bennyhana on November 13, 2006, 08:31:25 AM

I don't think it was Grossman last night.  His 1 Interception wasn't really his fault (he was blindsided as he threw).  I mean, they were having worse trouble getting the running game going.  I think they had negative rushing yards until Jones broke that one on 3rd and 22.  If anything, I think grossman proved last night that he can settle down after having trouble early. 
He wasn't completing many passes in the first half though at all.  And yes, he was great after he calmed down.  Which is why I think he needs to calm the eff down sooner.

And I'd love to hate Tiki Barber, but I can't.  I love that guy.

Bennyhana

Quote from: Alice on November 13, 2006, 08:33:15 AM
Quote from: Bennyhana on November 13, 2006, 08:31:25 AM

He wasn't completing many passes in the first half though at all.  And yes, he was great after he calmed down.  Which is why I think he needs to calm the eff down sooner.

And I'd love to hate Tiki Barber, but I can't.  I love that guy.

No reason to hate him as long as the Bears win.

I have to say that I can't really hate anyone who has a smile that big on their face while they're playing.

dazie

Quote from: Bennyhana on November 13, 2006, 12:31:48 PM
I have to say that I can't really hate anyone who has a smile that big on their face while they're playing.

We hooked up the bunny ear antenna to the TV and Ursus watched some of that game.  I agree- he looks like he is PLAYING A GAME even though he's knocking people down and being all kickass.  Having fun and getting paid to do it.  I wish I could say the same!

VikingJuice

Quote from: dazie on November 13, 2006, 12:35:38 PM
Quote from: Bennyhana on November 13, 2006, 12:31:48 PM

We hooked up the bunny ear antenna to the TV and Ursus watched some of that game.  I agree- he looks like he is PLAYING A GAME even though he's knocking people down and being all kickass.  Having fun and getting paid to do it.  I wish I could say the same!

I think part of that grin is knowing that this is his last season and he'll walk away from the game in the prime of his life as a very rich man with a bright future in broadcast or whatever else tickles his fancy.  He's very bright and I think has a double degree in something or other(I forget what).  I used to knock him early in his career as being nothing more than a third down back but he's earned my respect dozens of times over since then.  I tip my hat to the man.  The Giants will miss him.

Alice

I want to invite Tiki Barber, Lovie Smith and Cedric Benson to Thanksgiving.

Bennyhana

Quote from: Alice on November 14, 2006, 08:25:05 AM

Benson would show up late and eat more than his share.

Alice

Quote from: Bennyhana on November 14, 2006, 09:23:28 AM

Actually, he'd probably be too busy lifting weights to come eat my turkey. :(

DownSouth

Quote from: Alice on November 14, 2006, 09:33:22 AM

Is that what you're calling it now?
16:15:43 [Gamplayerx] Juneau, I could really go for some pie. You better Belize it!

Alice

Quote from: DownSouth on November 14, 2006, 09:55:24 AM

Bennyhana

Quote from: DownSouth on November 14, 2006, 09:55:24 AM

BWAAAAHAHAHAHAHA!

Jessie

I sure hope someone eats my turkey over Thanksgiving.

Bennyhana

Quote from: Jessie on November 14, 2006, 11:35:28 AM

You can have Devin Hester.

Alice

I don't think anyone will be touching my turkey for a long while, except for myself.  There is nothing better than waking up in the middle of the night and making a turkey sandwich.

Bennyhana

Quote from: Alice on November 14, 2006, 11:50:07 AM
I don't think anyone will be touching my turkey for a long while, except for myself.  There is nothing better than waking up in the middle of the night and making a turkey sandwich.

So, taking this metaphor to its bitter conclusion, what does it mean that I love stuffing?

Alice

Quote from: Bennyhana on November 14, 2006, 12:03:42 PM
Quote from: Alice on November 14, 2006, 11:50:07 AM

So, taking this metaphor to its bitter conclusion, what does it mean that I love stuffing?
You should become a Scientologist.

Alice

eo000

Alice

Infobahn

Bennyhana

Quote from: Alice on November 19, 2006, 11:17:25 PM
Quote from: eo000 on November 19, 2006, 09:46:26 PM
houshmanzada?
Thomas Jones.

I'd like to know exactly why they kept running Jones on 3rd and goal when

1.Literally every play of the drive was a handoff to him, and
2. 1st and goal and 2nd and goal he went nowhere.

I know that they still won and everything, it just seemed to me that they should've at LEAST put in Benson to change it up slightly.

Alice

They did put Benson in - just not very much.  I agree during conversions they need to put Benson in more - he can get up and over the other players a lot in the middle pack.

I think part of the reason they played TJ so much is that he is finally recovering from his pulled muscle... so they're getting him warmed up in that game before they go against the Pats.

Bennyhana

Quote from: Alice on November 20, 2006, 10:04:58 AM
They did put Benson in - just not very much.  I agree during conversions they need to put Benson in more - he can get up and over the other players a lot in the middle pack.

I think part of the reason they played TJ so much is that he is finally recovering from his pulled muscle... so they're getting him warmed up in that game before they go against the Pats.

I was talking specifically on that 3rd and goal where Jones was stopped at the line of scrimmage for the 3rd time straight, when they were on the 4 or 5 yard line.  It just didn't seem like good play calling.

Alice

Quote from: Bennyhana on November 20, 2006, 10:13:51 AM
I was talking specifically on that 3rd and goal where Jones was stopped at the line of scrimmage for the 3rd time straight, when they were on the 4 or 5 yard line.  It just didn't seem like good play calling.
Oh yeah... I don't know why they did that.  I can understand not doing any short passing because Grossman was getting the hell blitzed out of him... but who didn't know they were going to run with Jones?

Alice

EFF YOU STUPID GROSSMAN.

VikingJuice

Quote from: Alice on November 26, 2006, 08:05:02 PM
EFF YOU STUPID GROSSMAN.

I think he's still a better option than Griese or Orton.  You gotta remember, he's young.  This is only his first season to start for the full year.  In a sense, he's like a rookie at the end of his first season.  This is what....his 14th or 15th total start in the pros?  Cut the guy some slack.  And it's not like the Pats are patsies.

You're still the favorites to represent the NFC in the Superbowl.

Bennyhana

Quote from: YourMom(VJ) on November 26, 2006, 08:34:48 PM
Quote from: Alice on November 26, 2006, 08:05:02 PM
EFF YOU STUPID GROSSMAN.

I think he's still a better option than Griese or Orton.  You gotta remember, he's young.  This is only his first season to start for the full year.  In a sense, he's like a rookie at the end of his first season.  This is what....his 14th or 15th total start in the pros?  Cut the guy some slack.  And it's not like the Pats are patsies.

You're still the favorites to represent the NFC in the Superbowl.

Yeah, but that will change if they can't win key games against good teams.  They should've won this game.  A lot went their way, but the offense failed to step up and get it done.  I'm kind of stunned at what's happened to the offense in the second half of the season.  And in the last couple of weeks, it's like Grossman has lost all sort of accuracy in his arm.  They need to get him back to the way he looked in the first month of the season.

Alice

Griese is a much better QB than Grossman - but Griese isn't the Bears "future".  Hence them playing him a lot.  But that last pass?  Christ... that was 100% Grossman's fault.

Bennyhana

Quote from: Alice on November 26, 2006, 09:24:14 PM
Griese is a much better QB than Grossman - but Griese isn't the Bears "future".  Hence them playing him a lot.  But that last pass?  Christ... that was 100% Grossman's fault.

Agreed.  I'm not saying they should replace Grossman just yet.  They just need to figure out how to get him to play as well as he did in the first 4 games.  And yes, that last pass, like several others, was terrible.

Gamplayerx

Griese is the word.

It's got grove.
It's got meaning.
Griese is the time,
is the place,
is the motion.
Griese is the way we are feeling.

(I have no idea who Griese is, but still - if I'm going to suffer, so are you all)

Bennyhana

Quote from: Gamplayerx on November 26, 2006, 09:42:19 PM
Griese is the word.

It's got grove.
It's got meaning.
Griese is the time,
is the place,
is the motion.

(I have no idea who Griese is, but still - if I'm going to suffer, so are you all)

I don't get it

Gamplayerx

Quote from: Bennyhana on November 26, 2006, 09:47:56 PM
Griese is the word.

It's got grove.
It's got meaning.
Griese is the time,
is the place,
is the motion.

I don't get it
What?  You're a theater guy.  Wait - is it pronounced like grice instead of grease?

dazie

Quote from: Gamplayerx on November 26, 2006, 09:49:09 PM
Griese is the word.

It's got grove.
It's got meaning.
Griese is the time,
is the place,
is the motion.

I don't get it
What?  You're a theater guy.  Wait - is it pronounced like grice instead of grease?

It's pronounced gree-see.  Like french fries.

Bennyhana

Griese is the word.

It's got grove.
It's got meaning.
Griese is the time,
is the place,
is the motion.

I don't get it

Sorry, I don't do crappy shows.

And it's pronounced "Greasy."  Which he's not.

Okay, I do crappy shows, but I just happen to hate that one.

Gamplayerx

Quote from: Bennyhana on November 26, 2006, 09:53:11 PM
Griese is the word.

It's got grove.
It's got meaning.
Griese is the time,
is the place,
is the motion.

I don't get it

Well, you're a loony.

Bennyhana

Quote from: Gamplayerx on November 26, 2006, 10:41:19 PM
Quote from: Bennyhana on November 26, 2006, 09:53:11 PM
Griese is the word.

It's got grove.
It's got meaning.
Griese is the time,
is the place,
is the motion.

I don't get it

Well, you're a loony.

Theatre is different things to different people.  To some, it's paying 80 bucks to be in the second balcony of a massive show that has a million dollar set budget.  To others, it's paying 10 bucks to see a show in a tiny storefront with a stage smaller than my bedroom that has no budget for anything and is way too abstract for anyone who wasn't in rehearsal for the show to understand.

I'm somewhere in the middle.  I think that the set budget should be enough to employ me, and the show should be enjoyable to watch, but the audience should leave thinking about something as well. 

I am loony indeed.

VikingJuice

This just in...............Devin Hester is pretty good!!

For those not in the know, he scored 2 TD's last night on kick returns breaking the NFL record for TD returns in a single season with 6.  Oh, and he's a rookie.  WOW!!

swolt

man what a game. I thought the Seahawks were gonna pull it off but the Bears showed they still have a killer defense and shut down Hasselback in the 4th. I'll be pulling for the Saints to upset Chicago next week but if the Bears make it to the Superbowl I'll be rooting for them. I think they earned it.
A clever man commits no minor blunders.

DownSouth

Thomason just made a hell of a run for Seattle.

Infobahn

Quote from: Baby in a corner on January 14, 2007, 06:07:03 PM
Thomason just made a hell of a run for Seattle.

Did you mean San Diego?

Alice

Bear down, Chicago Bears!  Make every play clear the way to victory!!!

VikingJuice

Next week's game looks incredible.  Great offense versus great defense.  It'll be a classic duel of strength against strength.  I can't wait.

Alice

I said it would be Colts vs. Bears in the bowl since game 1.  Let's see if I'm right...

I am really nervous about next week's game though.

HELIX

Quote from: Alice on January 14, 2007, 10:04:50 PM
I said it would be Colts vs. Bears in the bowl since game 1.  Let's see if I'm right...

I am really nervous about next week's game though.

the aints are going to spank da bears!   :P
Some people look at jerky and say, "Why?"  I look at jerky and say, "Mmm! Jerky!"

Alice

I really hope it snows...

HELIX

Quote from: Alice on January 14, 2007, 10:41:09 PM
I really hope it snows...

that would definitely help.
Some people look at jerky and say, "Why?"  I look at jerky and say, "Mmm! Jerky!"

Alice

I want it to be Sunday already!  I'm so excited.

Prediction:  Bears - 28  Saints - 13

ReBurn

Quote from: Alice on January 16, 2007, 12:20:30 PM
I want it to be Sunday already!  I'm so excited.

Prediction:  Bears - 28  Saints - 13
Just to play devil's advocate, I'll say the Saints are going to take it this weekend.

Oh, and it will be the Saints and the Colts at the end.

Take it from me, because I never watch football.
11:42:24 [Gamplayerx] I keep getting knocked up.
11:42:28 [Gamplayerx] Er. OUT!

Alice

I'm happy for the Saints and all.  Hurricane Katrina, first season back, blah blah blah.  Too bad they're not getting a fairytale ending.  Mostly because of Hurricane Urlacher and Hurricane Briggs.

Bennyhana

Quote from: Alice on January 16, 2007, 12:47:23 PM
I'm happy for the Saints and all.  Hurricane Katrina, first season back, blah blah blah.  Too bad they're not getting a fairytale ending.  Mostly because of Hurricane Urlacher and Hurricane Briggs.

Not to mention Tropical Storms Hillenmeyer, Benson, and Jones.  As long as Tropical Depression Grossman doesn't make landfall, the bears have a good chance.

Alice

Tsunami Benson. 

He can flyyyyyy...

VikingJuice

Quote from: Alice on January 16, 2007, 02:54:38 PM
Tsunami Benson. 

He can flyyyyyy...

A friend of mine sent me the Bears fight song in Mp3 form this morning.  I'd never heard it before. Now your running tag makes Sooooo much more sense to me.  I wasn't getting the significance before.

Infobahn

Saints 31 - Bears 24

VikingJuice

I don't think it matters much what the Saints do or don't do, as much as what Rex Grossman does or doesn't do.  He is the pivot point for this whole football game.  If he plays to his capability, the Bears are the better team.  If he plays to his New Year's Eve capability, the Bears won't have enough to overcome his mistakes.

And please don't think that this is the Bears team from early in the season.  They are not.  They are missing Pro-bowlers Mike Brown at safety and Tommie Harris at defensive tackle.  That makes them go from stellar to vulnerable.

I predict Bears 31 Saints 20.

eo000

i'm hoping for a terrorist. if there's anything more annoying than a white sox fan, it's a bears fan.

I'M KIDDING.

Alice

Quote from: VikingJuice on January 16, 2007, 07:05:22 PM
I don't think it matters much what the Saints do or don't do, as much as what Rex Grossman does or doesn't do.  He is the pivot point for this whole football game. 
We've won plenty of games where Rex wasn't doing his best.  That's the reason the Bears are such a good team - we don't rely on just one or two star players like most teams out right now.  If one player isn't having their best game, the rest tend to pick up the slack. 

HELIX

i am predicting 31-17 the aints.
would predict 24-2 the aints but it may anger alice.

VikingJuice

Quote from: Alice on January 18, 2007, 09:21:20 AM
Quote from: VikingJuice on January 16, 2007, 07:05:22 PM
I don't think it matters much what the Saints do or don't do, as much as what Rex Grossman does or doesn't do.  He is the pivot point for this whole football game. 
We've won plenty of games where Rex wasn't doing his best.  That's the reason the Bears are such a good team - we don't rely on just one or two star players like most teams out right now.  If one player isn't having their best game, the rest tend to pick up the slack. 

I'd have agreed with you early in the season but the current defense isn't as strong as it was early on and the special teams have made a few mistakes of late with Devin Hester putting the ball on the ground a number of times in the last 3 games.  All I'm saying is that at this point, with special teams and defense weakened mostly by injury, that Rex can still wreck this team beyond repair.  You just gotta hope for the Dr. Jekyl and not Mr. Hyde.

Alice

Meh, I'm not too worried.  If we get the first score of the game, we've got the whole thing won.

Alice

I hope Cedric Benson scores the winning TD for the Bears. :D

DownSouth

I hope they do the Super Bowl shuffle.

DownSouth

Alice

Quote from: Tootie on January 19, 2007, 01:29:39 PM
Jim Mcmahon is too cool.

http://www.webwaymonsters.com/85bears/shuffle.html
I remember when he used to do backflips.  He was cool... dammit.

Beefy

That was such a great team.  They had such great personality.  So much better than most of what you get today.

Alice

Quote from: Beefy on January 19, 2007, 01:37:10 PM
That was such a great team.  They had such great personality.  So much better than most of what you get today.
I agree.  I don't think there will ever be another team like the '85 bears.

VikingJuice

Quote from: Alice on January 19, 2007, 01:38:09 PM
Quote from: Beefy on January 19, 2007, 01:37:10 PM
I agree.  I don't think there will ever be another team like the '85 bears.

I watched them much of that season.  I was really impressed with them because they were a team that people actually feared.  FEARED!!  You could see it in Tony Eason's face on the first series of the football game.  He got hit hard on like the second or third play and he came back to the sidelines a few seconds later and his eyes were GIGANTIC.  The game was over from that moment.  He played like a 10 year old running from the milkmoney bully.

By the way, I can sing all the lyrics to the SB Shuffle along with the record.

ReBurn

I wish I still had Joe Montana Sports Talk Football for the Sega Genesis.
11:42:24 [Gamplayerx] I keep getting knocked up.
11:42:28 [Gamplayerx] Er. OUT!

VikingJuice

Quote from: ReBurn on January 20, 2007, 12:06:07 AM
I wish I still had Joe Montana Sports Talk Football for the Sega Genesis.

That was a good game and so was the Bill Walsh college football game.  It was the first video game where you could run the option play like in real college ball.

VikingJuice

It's official, the nation Bears down as the Bears' D rolls.  Congrats Chi-town and congrats Alice!!! 

PS.  I will be posting the Superbowl Shuffle on the dump soon.

DownSouth

That first half got a little scary.  I know you will all hate me because I'm a NE fan.  When I started watching football I lived in New England and never lost the love.  So suck it!

VikingJuice

Quote from: Tootie on January 21, 2007, 06:32:56 PM
That first half got a little scary.  I know you will all hate me because I'm a NE fan.  When I started watching football I lived in New England and never lost the love.  So suck it!

I hope NE eats a big nasty shit burger today!!!  Go Colts!!!

Beefy

It's Pats vs. Colts?

GO PATS

Bennyhana

I hope the colts win, too, mainly because Bill Bellichick scares me.  And also because my boss is a Pat's fan, and I don't need that tension between us.

DownSouth

Quote from: VikingJuice on January 21, 2007, 06:36:01 PM

Turd!

VikingJuice

Quote from: Tootie on January 21, 2007, 06:46:10 PM
Quote from: VikingJuice on January 21, 2007, 06:36:01 PM

Turd!

[attachment deleted by admin]

DownSouth

VikingJuice

The Bears Superbowl Shuffle is now dumped.

DownSouth

The fridge and Jim are going to have a restless spoon tonight.

VikingJuice

It's on BABY!!! 

The Colts' irresistable force vs the Bears' immovable object.  It'll be a matchup for the ages.

PS.  Do you like your Patriot shit burger medium........ or well done??

Beefy

Very entertaining game.  The Colts earned their spot.

Alice

*does the happy dance*

I called Bears vs. Colts in the Superbowl since week 2.  My friends all think I'm psychic now.  :D

Bennyhana

Quote from: Alice on January 22, 2007, 09:26:05 AM
*does the happy dance*

I called Bears vs. Colts in the Superbowl since week 2.  My friends all think I'm psychic now.  :D

You said it here officially on Oct 30th.  Good call.  I bet there were a lot of peope yapping at you about LT and the chargers.

Alice

Yeah, one of my best friends was positive this was the Chargers year.

Bennyhana

Quote from: Alice on January 22, 2007, 09:55:36 AM
Yeah, one of my best friends was positive this was the Chargers year.

I personally picked the pats over them last week.  I think that the Colts were pretty much due.  Here's hoping that the bears can overcome Manning's hunger for a ring.

Alice

Either way, I'm happy.  I obviously want the Bears to win - but I certainly wouldn't mind losing to the Colts & Manning.

Beefy

I can only hope that the Super Bowl is as 1/2 as exciting as last night's game.

I still don't get picking Prince for the half time show, though.  Yeah, he's talented out the wazoo, but that's hardly his audience or his milieu.

Jessie

When is the Super Bowl?

Alice

Feb 4th - 5 eastern, I believe.

Infobahn

Prince is the entertainment for the (and this is going to sound snotty) important demographic.

There will be the Fox/MTV/Food Network whatever halftime switchover.  The money that buys the tickets, and sponsors the game wants Prince.

I have seen him live a couple of times, and he is awesome.

Alice

My friend Angus is pissed that Prince is playing.  I suggested we watch the Puppy Bowl at halftime then... he'd rather watch Prince.  :(

DownSouth

That dumb Swede should be out looking for a sail instead of worrying about the half time show.

Alice

He's a Scot.  But I'll let him know.

Still - I'm pushing for the Puppy Bowl.  At least for 5 minutes.  I love that show.

Bennyhana

Quote from: Beefy on January 22, 2007, 11:47:59 AM
I can only hope that the Super Bowl is as 1/2 as exciting as last night's game.

I still don't get picking Prince for the half time show, though.  Yeah, he's talented out the wazoo, but that's hardly his audience or his milieu.

I agree with everything except the part where you said he's talented.  He's crazy as a shithouse rat is what he is.

Alice

Anything has to be better than the Sting/Gwen Stefani duet that one year.  God awful.

Bennyhana

Quote from: Alice on January 22, 2007, 12:42:01 PM
Anything has to be better than the Sting/Gwen Stefani duet that one year.  God awful.

The superbowl halftime show has, as long as my memory, been the most retarded crapfest on television.  I was hoping that the Janet Jackson debacle would cause them to rethink the halftime show concept, but apparently not.  I'd rather watch 20 minutes of straight commercials than that crap.

Beefy

I thought the U2 halftime show in 2002 was really good.

Alice

The Rolling Stones one last year was horrendous.

dazie

I liked Paul McCartney, but I was pretty drunk at the time, so I could be wayyyy off.

Alice

You all need to learn Bear Down by the Superbowl, so you can sing along.

Also, when Muhammed makes a great play - they aren't booing him... they're saying "MOOOOOOSE!"

Oh, and Cedric Benson rules.

Bennyhana

Quote from: Alice on January 22, 2007, 01:33:06 PM
You all need to learn Bear Down by the Superbowl, so you can sing along.

Also, when Muhammed makes a great play - they aren't booing him... they're saying "MOOOOOOSE!"

Oh, and Cedric Benson rules.

It's the superbowl; there won't be any fans there.

Alice

Bennyhana

Quote from: Alice on January 22, 2007, 02:54:31 PM
True.  :-\

Don't worry.  We'll be gathered in clusters around every television set we can find, wherever we are, and our voices together will carry to Miami.

The colts fans, being from Indiana, will miss the game because they don't observe daylight saving time.

DownSouth

Quote from: Alice on January 22, 2007, 12:26:25 PM
He's a Scot.  But I'll let him know.

Still - I'm pushing for the Puppy Bowl.  At least for 5 minutes.  I love that show.
It's from Summer Rental.  You dumb Swede!

VikingJuice

Ced Benson beats the rap...again.  By this article's count, he's been arrested 5 times since 2003, and not a single charge has stuck. 

I guess he must be using the Johnny Cochran "Wookie" defense because this makes no sense in the real world.  The guy is a has-been and is still getting breaks.

I could possibly inclined to believe if a man was arrested and then later not charged, that there were some mistakes made or perhaps it was a sting or even an example of profiling...but 5 times.  Dude's guilty of something I'm sure.

Alice

He's black and lives in Florida.  It's not that far of a stretch to think he's been arrested for no reason, especially for the shit he's been arrested for.  Did you hear the phone calls going on during the boating incident? 

And five times?  Where are you getting that number from?

VikingJuice

Quote from: Alice on September 25, 2008, 10:39:06 PM
He's black and lives in Florida.  It's not that far of a stretch to think he's been arrested for no reason, especially for the shit he's been arrested for.  Did you hear the phone calls going on during the boating incident? 

And five times?  Where are you getting that number from?

QuoteThe Bears cut Benson after the second arrest in Austin. He is a free agent. Benson's agent did not return a phone call Thursday left by The Associated Press.

Benson was arrested when he was a student at the University of Texas in 2003 on a misdemeanor criminal trespassing charge. Misdemeanor drug and alcohol charges against him were dropped in 2002 after an arrest in Midland.

I think I counted one arrest as two though for two different charges.  My bad.  So his total is 4 by this count and all 4 were in Texas, 3 in Austin and 1 in Midland.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3609632

Alice

Gah, I meant Texas.  Yeah, if they arrested him because he was drunk, but didn't do a breathalyzer and the video shows that he was fine... I'm not sure how this means he has a good lawyer.  Black people get arrested sometimes because they are black.  It sucks, but it happens a lot still.

VikingJuice

Quote from: Alice on September 26, 2008, 10:26:40 PM
Gah, I meant Texas.  Yeah, if they arrested him because he was drunk, but didn't do a breathalyzer and the video shows that he was fine... I'm not sure how this means he has a good lawyer.  Black people get arrested sometimes because they are black.  It sucks, but it happens a lot still.

This I know for sure does happen a lot here in the south.  But when the dude's been arrested 4 times, you gotta think he's putting himself into obviously questionable circumstances over and over. 

The breathalyser deal is sketchy to be sure, but not all arrests for suspected DWI use that for some reason.  I would think the cops would want to use that in every suspected case but I think it might be a budget issue.

Alice

Yeah, I can understand why it would be suspect.  But the fact that it was dropped so quickly and every time leads me to think otherwise - the dude isn't really rich.  He's not like some of the higher NFL players.  I can't imagine him getting off of these because he's rich.

VikingJuice

Quote from: Alice on September 28, 2008, 01:29:49 PM
Yeah, I can understand why it would be suspect.  But the fact that it was dropped so quickly and every time leads me to think otherwise - the dude isn't really rich.  He's not like some of the higher NFL players.  I can't imagine him getting off of these because he's rich.

I understand what you're saying.  It may not be the rich thing at all that got him off.  It could also be dumb cops over-stating a situation.  It could be incompetent cops not processing paperwork properly.  It could be a softy judge.  And he could even be innocent of each situation.  It still looks really bad.

FYI: his first contract was for 5 yrs @ 35million, 16 million guaranteed which includes a 4 million signing bonus as a combined multi-bonus package for the other 12 million. 

VikingJuice

That Hester TD right before half was fan-freakin'-tastic!!

I'm happy that Orton is playing so well.  He played very well and won most of his games his rookie year back in '05, and I believe he went 10-5 as a starter, but got shafted out of a starting job because of the team's earlier selection of Rex Grossman who went on to suck at prolific levels once he was named starter.  Yes, Grossman was a small part in them reaching the Super Bowl, but he was also a big part of them losing that game along with a lot of others before and after.

Go Orton!