The Dark Knight

Started by ReBurn, August 01, 2006, 01:32:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Beefy

Quote from: Alice on May 21, 2007, 11:24:52 AM
Quote from: Bennyhana on May 21, 2007, 11:19:28 AM
Quote from: Alice on May 21, 2007, 11:16:52 AM
Quote from: Bennyhana on May 21, 2007, 11:08:42 AM
I think they might be filming a bunch of it across from my shop, too.  They're definitely filming something.
There's an Angelina Jolie movie filming downtown now too.  Lots of cars and such.

I see.  Would it have cars from the fifties?  Would Batman?  A trailer full of them is here, now.
I'm not sure.  It's a movie based of of this, if it helps: http://www.amazon.com/Wanted-Mark-Millar/dp/1582404801

That is an extraordinarily adult comic book.  I am sure it will be thoroughly watered down.

Beefy

Quote from: Beefy on May 20, 2007, 09:07:09 AM
http://www.ibelieveinharveydenttoo.com/

If you were to try and go there now, you'll notice it's been taken down.  You might, if bored, want to try swiping it...

Gamplayerx

Quote from: Beefy on May 23, 2007, 12:01:34 PM
Quote from: Beefy on May 20, 2007, 09:07:09 AM
http://www.ibelieveinharveydenttoo.com/

If you were to try and go there now, you'll notice it's been taken down.  You might, if bored, want to try swiping it...
HA hA HA HA ha HA HA HA HA HA

Hmm.  Loses some of the crazy in translation.

dazie

"Pinky, are you pondering what I'm pondering?"
I think so, Brain, but how will we get the Spice Girls into the paella?

meredith

Beefy

It's already begin referred to as Batman's Tron outfit.

dazie

I can see that.  It's cool though.  Looks more like something Bruce Wayne would have MADE.
"Pinky, are you pondering what I'm pondering?"
I think so, Brain, but how will we get the Spice Girls into the paella?

ReBurn

I wonder if they hired Tronguy to help design it?
11:42:24 [Gamplayerx] I keep getting knocked up.
11:42:28 [Gamplayerx] Er. OUT!

Bennyhana

They were keeping him in a long cloak outside the batsuit the couple of times I ventured outside the apartment yesterday while they were filming.  They were lecturing us about not taking pictures, and yet this shit is already all over the internet.

Beefy

Quote from: Bennyhana on June 15, 2007, 11:13:16 AM
They were keeping him in a long cloak outside the batsuit the couple of times I ventured outside the apartment yesterday while they were filming.  They were lecturing us about not taking pictures, and yet this shit is already all over the internet.

I love how they try and keep pictures from being taken.  You're standing out in public disrupting traffic and life in general, surrounded by people, and you think you can tell people not to take pictures if they want? 

Bennyhana

Quote from: Beefy on June 15, 2007, 11:20:37 AM
Quote from: Bennyhana on June 15, 2007, 11:13:16 AM

I love how they try and keep pictures from being taken.  You're standing out in public disrupting traffic and life in general, surrounded by people, and you think you can tell people not to take pictures if they want? 

I was INSIDE MY HOME and they were telling me not to take pictures.  Which I wouldn't have had a problem with, really, if it had been on the contract we signed.

Alice

Was that Harley Quinn at the end?

meredith

Gamplayerx

Beefy

Quote from: Gamplayerx on July 27, 2007, 08:09:08 AM
San Diego.

At the Comic Con, which is where all the studios are at pimping out their upcoming movies.  First Iron Man trailer was screened yesterday.  Spock was announced.  Our first view of Marion Ravenwood occurred.  Fun stuff.  I wonder what the WB folks have planned for the Joker's thugs who show up.

Beefy

Beefy

Quote from: Alice on July 27, 2007, 01:31:47 PM
Quote from: Beefy on July 27, 2007, 01:29:44 PM
800-395-9646
Weird.

This is playing out in real time as we speak, with INternet clues being figured out while a pack of roving fanboys at the SD Comic Con are running from check point to check point around the city to keep up with RL clues, such as a blimp and a plane.

Go to the Website I linked above and enter "inside joke".  Next screen, enter "jack the ripper".  Next screen, "mountebank".

Alice

That's pretty cool.

The website isn't loading for me, for some reason.

Beefy

The marketing folks behind this are very good at what they do.  This is exactly the type of thing that fans will enjoy doing, even a year away from the film.

And they had been swearing up and down that they weren't bringing anything to Comic Con this year.   ::)

A pack of roving Jokers running around San Diego - that's the kind of advertising people take notice of.

The Website is very slow to load because it is being smacked upside the head right now with traffic.