News:

Some people are alive only because it's illegal to kill.

Main Menu

The Dark Knight

Started by ReBurn, August 01, 2006, 01:32:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DownSouth

Aarron Eckhart is one of my favorite actors.  I'll be seeing that.
16:15:43 [Gamplayerx] Juneau, I could really go for some pie. You better Belize it!

Beefy

Okay, the first image of what might be Two-Face has been leaked.   I am linking it in case no one wants it spoiled.  I am also linking it because, if it's real, it's far more graphic than we could have anticipated.

http://i191.photobucket.com/albums/z181/JuntoBeefy/DentBurn.jpg

eo000

do you think that's real?

Beefy

Dunno.  Aint-It-Cool is running with it.

ReBurn

11:42:24 [Gamplayerx] I keep getting knocked up.
11:42:28 [Gamplayerx] Er. OUT!

Beefy

QuoteIt should also be noted that this is being billed as concept art, not a finished version.

Alice

There's a half second clip of Two-Face in one of the new previews.

Beefy

Looks like it was legit.  Warners Legal had them remove the image from across the Net.

Bennyhana

Quote from: Beefy on May 06, 2008, 07:07:07 PM
Looks like it was legit.  Warners Legal had them remove the image from across the Net.
If I were them, I'd be more apt to remove a fake one than the real one.  If it's cooler than the real one, it'll make the real one look bad.  If the real one isn't as cool, people will think my movie isn't as cool as it could be.

All that said, I also think that studios keep secrets (and do so visibly) because it creates an artificial mystique around movies which, often, are old ideas redone for the nth time.

Beefy

Quote from: Beefy on May 05, 2008, 07:09:07 PM
Okay, the first image of what might be Two-Face has been leaked.   I am linking it in case no one wants it spoiled.  I am also linking it because, if it's real, it's far more graphic than we could have anticipated.

http://i191.photobucket.com/albums/z181/JuntoBeefy/DentBurn.jpg

http://www.whysoserious.com/myhero/

Gamplayerx

Too bad the ha ha ha doesn't have sound.

Beefy

The posters, they keep on coming...

[attachment deleted by admin]

eo000

Quote from: Beefy on April 25, 2008, 11:55:45 AM
Quote from: Gamplayerx on April 25, 2008, 11:53:15 AM
Quote from: eo000 on April 25, 2008, 11:40:52 AM
that's two movies i want to see in july. this and hancock.
Hancock looks like it could be fun - I don't get why they're blitzing us with commercials for it already, though.  I'll probably forget it exists by then.

Industry buzz on Hancock isn't very favorable.  The ending is apparently not so great.  That would seem to indicate why they're starting the media blitz early - too create and maintain a public awareness long enough for a huge opening weekend, since word of mouth would kill long term profitability.

Then again, most people didn't like I Am Legend's ending and it still grossed over 200 million domestic, so who knows what drives the market these days.
Saw Hancock last night. It's a good movie.

ReBurn

Quote from: eo000 on July 04, 2008, 07:36:13 AM
Quote from: Beefy on April 25, 2008, 11:55:45 AM
Quote from: Gamplayerx on April 25, 2008, 11:53:15 AM
Quote from: eo000 on April 25, 2008, 11:40:52 AM
that's two movies i want to see in july. this and hancock.
Hancock looks like it could be fun - I don't get why they're blitzing us with commercials for it already, though.  I'll probably forget it exists by then.

Industry buzz on Hancock isn't very favorable.  The ending is apparently not so great.  That would seem to indicate why they're starting the media blitz early - too create and maintain a public awareness long enough for a huge opening weekend, since word of mouth would kill long term profitability.

Then again, most people didn't like I Am Legend's ending and it still grossed over 200 million domestic, so who knows what drives the market these days.
Saw Hancock last night. It's a good movie.
Hancock is a good movie.

VikingJuice

http://movies.yahoo.com/mv/news/va/20080707/121543492400.html

Reviews are pouring in and they look pretty darned good so far.  I'm very excited about this film!!

Beefy

Just bought tickets for Friday afternoon.

VikingJuice

Beefy

Ledger is amazing and ferocious, the film dark and brutal.

ReBurn

Beefy

Alice

We tried to go last night.  The line wrapped around the theater and we would have had to sit in the first few rows.  So we sold our tickets back.  Ridiculous.

VikingJuice

This movie was fan-freakin-tastic!!  I loved this movie.  Haven't said that about a comic movie many times in my life.  The short list is Iron Man, V For Vendetta and this.

Ledger was spectacular.  He completely redefined how bad guys CAN be in this kind of movie.  He was so committed to the character and nothing seemed fake or shallow or questionable about his character.  He came across as a complete crazy who got off not on the money or power as much as the mayhem and chaos that he could create.

Beefy