News:

9/7/05- 6 months! How the heck did we miss that date?? And you didn't even remember to get me a gift!

Main Menu

The Dark Knight

Started by ReBurn, August 01, 2006, 01:32:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

VikingJuice

Jessie

Well that would effing rock my face off.
we should have kept the quote pyramid up to rape Jessie in the face.

Beefy

Gamplayerx

Quote from: Beefy on August 06, 2008, 10:39:56 AM
God I hope not.
Are you hoping against the defacing of Jessie or against Depp?

Beefy

VikingJuice

Quote from: Jessie on August 06, 2008, 06:35:55 AM
Well that would effing rock my face off.

You could be the villain in the 4th film-NO FACE!  Your back story is that you're the long lost sister of Harvey Dent.

Beefy

As of yesterday, TDK passed Spider-man to become the highest grossing comic book based film of all time.  Granted, ticket prices are higher now, so TDK hasn't actually sold more tickets.  It also now sits at #7 on the all time domestic blockbuster list (non-inflation adjusted version).

Also about Depp and third installments, Moriarty over at AICN says it best:

Quotelet's talk about BATMAN 3.

Or better yet, let's not. For about a year. Since that's the earliest you'll hear anything that could remotely be called news about characters or casting or the script or anything. A year from now. Not next week. Not next month. It will be a while.

Christopher Nolan's next film will not be about Batman. I think you can pretty much count on that. And until Christopher Nolan officially says, "I'm not making another Batman film," no one else is going to. He is absolutely, 100% going to be given first refusal on the next film, and right now, that's it. That's all the news there is.

I repeat... so we're clear... Christopher Nolan has not decided what to do next. And he is not signed to make another Batman film yet.

So that means no script. No story. No anything. No creative choices have been made about what to do with the next film. Right now, Warner Bros. is busy making party hats out of $1000 bills, counting all the silly, silly, silly DARK KNIGHT money they're making, and that's it.

When someone tells you Johnny Depp is "signed" to play The Riddler, feel free to laugh in their face.

When someone tells you Philip Seymour Hoffman is "signed" to play The Penguin, ask them if it's just as true this time as it was when it was a DARK KNIGHT rumor two years ago. Then laugh in their face.

When someone tells you anything about Catwoman or recasting The Joker or Clayface or Man-Bat or Killer Croc or ANYTHING... just brush it off.

Because it's not true. It's just not. No matter how much you want it to be. No matter how many times it gets reprinted for no reason. No matter how many photoshopped "costume tests" start floating around.

It's just not happening. Yet.

dazie

Does this mean they aren't going to digitally resurrect Chris Farley to play King Tut?   :'(
"Pinky, are you pondering what I'm pondering?"
I think so, Brain, but how will we get the Spice Girls into the paella?

Beefy

Quote from: dazie on August 07, 2008, 10:05:03 PM
Does this mean they aren't going to digitally resurrect Chris Farley to play King Tut?   :'(

Oh dear GOD.

Alice

I just watched this on Thurs.  I'm sure someone's mentioned this, but I don't feel like going back and reading all the spoilers.

What the fuck was up with Bale's "Batman" voice?  I don't remember it being that bad in the first one. 

Beefy

Quote from: Alice on August 09, 2008, 01:54:58 PM
I just watched this on Thurs.  I'm sure someone's mentioned this, but I don't feel like going back and reading all the spoilers.

What the fuck was up with Bale's "Batman" voice?  I don't remember it being that bad in the first one. 

Yeah, we discussed it.  It was overdone.

eo000

Quote from: Beefy on August 09, 2008, 02:34:06 PM

come on, he's gotta disguise his voice, otherwise everyone will know it's him.

Beefy

Quote from: eo000 on August 09, 2008, 05:29:41 PM

Oh I agree, I just think they overdid it in scenes.

"Batman, how do you like your eggs?"

"OOOOVEREASSSYYYYYYY!!!"

Alice

Quote from: Beefy on August 09, 2008, 07:01:22 PM
Quote from: eo000 on August 09, 2008, 05:29:41 PM

Oh I agree, I just think they overdid it in scenes.

"Batman, how do you like your eggs?"

"OOOOVEREASSSYYYYYYY!!!"

Like Morgan Freeman couldn't have made a voice changer. 

Beefy

Unstoppable.  Fourth weekend in a row at #1.  Broke 700 million in international box office.  Number 3 on the list of all time domestic grosses, with just 30 million more before it takes down the original Star Wars.

I think it's safe to say that Warner Bros. is going to offer Christopher Nolan all the money they have to make a third film.  It won't gross as much without the Heath factor, but it will still pull bank like mad.

Beefy

ReBurn

I saw this today. It was really good.
11:42:24 [Gamplayerx] I keep getting knocked up.
11:42:28 [Gamplayerx] Er. OUT!

VikingJuice

Jessie

Beefy

Jessie

Yeah, I didn't think so either.

Beefy

Now #2 on the list, behind only Titanic.  W/out inflation, of course.

ReBurn

11:42:24 [Gamplayerx] I keep getting knocked up.
11:42:28 [Gamplayerx] Er. OUT!

eo000