News:

"I'd rather regret the things I have done than the things I have not." --Lucille Ball

Main Menu

Lost Season 2 Discussion Thread

Started by Beef, September 16, 2005, 07:00:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Beefy

Quote from: CatchrNdRy on May 31, 2006, 12:44:45 PM
i thought it was pretty clear that the monster is an advanced security system set up by Dharma. 

But securing what?  The losties have had little trouble locating other hatches or The Others camp.

Dry then Catch

I think it is a Dharma vs. Widmore.  Securing one faction from the other.  The Others are Widmore, anti-Dharma.

Beefy

Widmore shares an office building with Hanso/Dharma.  I imagine they are in cahoots.  It's why Poppa Widmore knew where to send Desmond on the sailboat (and why he gave him the boat in the first place).

Dry then Catch

the true relationship hasn't been dillenated, and there seems to be power struggles even within Hanso.  It would be crazy to see that aspect of Lost get all political and Byzantine.

Ok since I just joined this thread party late...

which 5 would you pick to fight the Others with you in a jungle? 

Listener

Quote from: Beefy on May 31, 2006, 12:59:00 PM
Widmore shares an office building with Hanso/Dharma.  I imagine they are in cahoots.  It's why Poppa Widmore knew where to send Desmond on the sailboat (and why he gave him the boat in the first place).

Papa Widmore didn't give Desmond the boat... unless Libby's last name is also Widmore.

Beefy

Quote from: Listener on May 31, 2006, 03:34:03 PM

Papa Widmore didn't give Desmond the boat... unless Libby's last name is also Widmore.

You're presuming that Libby wasn't working for Widmore.  Her story was ridiculous and I think an obvious ploy to be sure that Desomnd took THAT boat.  Desmond didn't chance upon that island by accident.  He met with Jack beforehand.  He was one of the cross-connected.  He was meant to be placed on that island.  That boat took him there on purpose.

Listener

Quote from: Beefy on May 31, 2006, 04:03:14 PM
Quote from: Listener on May 31, 2006, 03:34:03 PM

You're presuming that Libby wasn't working for Widmore.  Her story was ridiculous and I think an obvious ploy to be sure that Desomnd took THAT boat.  Desmond didn't chance upon that island by accident.  He met with Jack beforehand.  He was one of the cross-connected.  He was meant to be placed on that island.  That boat took him there on purpose.

I'll go with that.

I think it was just chance that he met Jack, though.

Beefy

Speaking of Lost, it just got the shaft from the Emmys.  Didn't it win Best Drama last year?

http://www.starpulse.com/news/index.php/2006/07/06/24_gets_12_emmy_nods_grey_s_anatomy_rece

Bishamonten

Quote from: SpaceBeefy on July 06, 2006, 11:16:51 AM
Speaking of Lost, it just got the shaft from the Emmys.  Didn't it win Best Drama last year?

http://www.starpulse.com/news/index.php/2006/07/06/24_gets_12_emmy_nods_grey_s_anatomy_rece

Shaft?  Lost's only drawing factor is having more mysteries than answers ...

Beefy

Quote from: Bishamonten on July 06, 2006, 11:34:16 AM

I figured at least an Emmy nod for Eko. 

But then, when Charlie Sheen gets nominated for his "comedic abilities" it calls into question the Emmy's relevance.

Bishamonten

Quote from: SpaceBeefy on July 06, 2006, 11:39:54 AM
Quote from: Bishamonten on July 06, 2006, 11:34:16 AM

I figured at least an Emmy nod for Eko. 

But then, when Charlie Sheen gets nominated for his "comedic abilities" it calls into question the Emmy's relevance.

Also true :) 

Eko would have been a good nod.  But then, I was also shocked to see Hugh Laurie left off. 

ReBurn

I think that Two and a Half Men is one of the funniest shows on TV right now.
11:42:24 [Gamplayerx] I keep getting knocked up.
11:42:28 [Gamplayerx] Er. OUT!

DownSouth

Quote from: ReBurn on July 06, 2006, 12:06:27 PM
I think that Two and a Half Men is one of the funniest shows on TV right now.
Me too.  That's the only sitcom I try to watch every week.
16:15:43 [Gamplayerx] Juneau, I could really go for some pie. You better Belize it!

Jessie

I'm getting ready to watch my 9th episode of season 2 right now.  If nothing else, it's good distraction from depression.

I didn't realize how many episodes I'd seen!  I had seen the first 7, I think, but it had been long enough that I'd forgotten most of what happened.
we should have kept the quote pyramid up to rape Jessie in the face.