Lost Season 2 Discussion Thread

Started by Beef, September 16, 2005, 07:00:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Beefy

Why am I starting this early?  The season doesn't premiere until Wednesday...

Well, because thousands of folks were treated to the premiere last night in Oahu.  And many of those folks have posted spoilers to the Net.  If you don't want to know any secrets, be very careful on TotalFark and the Net for the next few days.

I now know what's down that ladder, and it isn't anything close to what I was expecting.

eo000

Beefy

Verified: season premiere spoilers have been posted to TotalFark at least once.  I imagine that it is only a matter of time before someone puts the info in an actual headline.  Be careful, if you care.

Also, the more I think on it, the more what's down that ladder makes sense and gives me some hope for the direction of this season.

Gamplayerx

I wasn't even tempted to find out.  I was ahappily all atingle in anticipation for aWednesday.  But now I wanna look.  Damnit.

Jessie

Timothy and I watched some show that was like a recap of the first season.  I'm sorry I didn't watch.

I probably won't watch this season either, since I work every Wednesday night.
we should have kept the quote pyramid up to rape Jessie in the face.

ignom

I was looking for the spoilers thread on TF. I've never seen the show, but I wanted to know what was down that ladder before you all.
Underneath this flabby exterior is an enormous lack of character.

Beefy

Quote from: ignom on September 16, 2005, 08:54:01 AM
I was looking for the spoilers thread on TF. I've never seen the show, but I wanted to know what was down that ladder before you all.

If you really want the spoilers, go to http://www.aintitcool.com.  There's a link to a full blown spoilerific review on the front page.

Jessie

Quote from: Beef on September 16, 2005, 08:57:56 AM

If you really want the spoilers, go to http://www.aintitcool.com.  There's a link to a full blown spoilerific review on the front page.

That page makes my head hurt.

DownSouth

Quote from: Jessie on September 16, 2005, 08:52:41 AM
Timothy and I watched some show that was like a recap of the first season.  I'm sorry I didn't watch.

I'm going to go get season 1 on DVD.  I'll send it to you when I'm done.
16:15:43 [Gamplayerx] Juneau, I could really go for some pie. You better Belize it!

Jessie

Quote from: DownSouth on September 16, 2005, 09:00:07 AM

Yay!

Alice

Quote from: DownSouth on September 16, 2005, 09:00:07 AM

I was going to rent it from Blockbuster, but then - I don't know if I'll have time by Wed. to watch the whole season.

Beefy

Yeah, it would be good to rent or Netflix it.  There were quite a few threads in TF from people who had just watched the whole season front to back saying that watching it that way made all the difference in the world - you supposedly catch a lot more subtle references and clues when you don't have to wait for weeks on end for a new episode.

ignom

It's all just as I expected...I didn't understand any of it.
Underneath this flabby exterior is an enormous lack of character.

Beefy

Quote from: ignom on September 16, 2005, 09:21:48 AM

I'm just glad that what's down that ladder is something significant.  It could have been some lame little teasing thing, but instead it really does kind of change how you perceive what is going on.

Bishamonten

Quote from: ignom on September 16, 2005, 09:21:48 AM

One of the best references that I didn't catch and my buddy had to point out:

<Micheal> *pointing to what Jin is working on* No, no!   That one goes there, this one goes here"

I didn't even catch it as a subtle reference to Star Wars and Han and Chewie. 

DariusMDeV

Good lord, I'm glad I read that, I now know I can wait till at least episode 3 to know anything more than I did before now.  Bunch of dicks that write that show.

Mr. Ubiquity

Quote from: eo000 on September 16, 2005, 07:17:13 AM
wayne newton?

eo00  that pic is just wrong.   who is it and where can i see more?
"if I wank to it, will u feel disgusted or flattered or a perverse combo of both?"

Bishamonten

Quote from: DariusMDeV on September 16, 2005, 08:40:43 PM
Good lord, I'm glad I read that, I now know I can wait till at least episode 3 to know anything more than I did before now.  Bunch of dicks that write that show.

Like i've said before, it's a case of having really great actors but mediocre writers.  The main writer went ahead and said, "I have no idea what the big monster is" in an interview.  That's rifuckingdiculous.  That means they're going to build it up and build it up and then pull some lame answer out of their ass.

It's going to go the way of X-Files where the loose plot lines just stack and stack and nothing ever gets resolved to give the audience some sort of closure.

Beefy

Wow.  No one said anything.

I thought the Season opener gave the audience plenty of what it is used to.  New mysteries, teasing, further glimpses into what makes the characters tick, etc.  I love what was down the ladder, and am intrigeud as to why Goldilocks saw the wet kid on the island.  Kate is becoming more annoying as her character is fleshed out less.  Locke is still The Man.

SockmonkeyHolocaust

As someone who doesn't watch the series, what is down the ladder?

cnamon

Quote from: Sockmonkeyholocaust on September 26, 2005, 02:48:00 PM
As someone who doesn't watch the series, what is down the ladder?

MAYBE SPOILER

Some guy from the seventies...at least that is what Best Week Ever said...I can't watch that show...it comes on the same time as America's Next Top Model.

Beefy

I liked how last night's show ran concurrently with the season premiere.  It feels like the writers have grown a deeper sense of confidence in what they are doing.  And that last shot was a doozy.  I'm glad I decided to stick with the show.

My only quibble is that, to me, Kate is still a non-character.  Her main function remains eye candy.  They need to make her a more believable participant.

Gamplayerx

Quote from: Beef on September 29, 2005, 10:08:08 AM
I liked how last night's show ran concurrently with the season premiere.  It feels like the writers have grown a deeper sense of confidence in what they are doing.  And that last shot was a doozy.  I'm glad I decided to stick with the show.

My only quibble is that, to me, Kate is still a non-character.  Her main function remains eye candy.  They need to make her a more believable participant.
Speaking of candy, that part made me giggle.

DariusMDeV

I've only watched the last 2 eps of that show, but if those jackasses think that I'll watch the same 12 hours of time from different people's points of view, they're friggin nuts.  That was so infuriating.  Nothing new learned (i've decided the raft people/kidnapping is super boring, I only care about the hatch), a whole damn ep and we're nowhere.  If the clock doesn't move ahead next ep, I'm so not going to watch anymore.

sugar_grrl

Quote from: Beef on September 29, 2005, 10:08:08 AM

Agreed on all counts.  I liked the last 2 episodes....I want to know what happened to Jin....they better show his 12 hour story in the next episode....
Have you ever seen a llama kiss a llama on the llama?