News:

Whenever I think of the past, it brings back so many memories.

Main Menu

Concerts

Started by Alice, August 30, 2005, 12:34:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Alice

Inspired by Beefy...

Who was the best band you've heard live?  Who was the worst?

cnamon

Best:  Toss up between 311, N.E.R.D., and Jack Johnson

Worst:  Hoobastank

ignom

David Gray was probably the best. The worst, sadly, was Van Morrison.
Underneath this flabby exterior is an enormous lack of character.

Alice

Best: Violent Femmes or Less Than Jake

Worst: Third Eye Blind or Everclear

Dry then Catch

Best:
no question i love the Refreshments aka Roger Clyne and The Peacemakers, playing in Mexico.....

Worst: 
Collective Soul.  They are so produced. 

Dry then Catch

Quote from: AliceLiddell on August 30, 2005, 12:39:13 PM

Was Less than Jake incredibly loud?  maybe it was just the venue, but my ears were ringing for days.  lost a wallet in a mosh pit and got lots of mansweat over me. 

cnamon

Oh, the Dan Band is up there in my favorites.  I plan on seeing them in concert again.

Beefy

Best: Sigur Ros, Faith No More, Harry Connick, Jr.

Worst: the screeching yeti that opened for Yo La Tengo, Weezer

ignom

Jimmy Page and Robert Plant was a really bad show, too.
Underneath this flabby exterior is an enormous lack of character.

DownSouth

Best Coolio
Worst Bush
16:15:43 [Gamplayerx] Juneau, I could really go for some pie. You better Belize it!

Beefy

Oh, how could I forget to mention Social Distortion at CBGB's?!  Fucking awesome.

Alice

Quote from: CatchrNdRy on August 30, 2005, 12:40:49 PM

Was Less than Jake incredibly loud?  maybe it was just the venue, but my ears were ringing for days.  lost a wallet in a mosh pit and got lots of mansweat over me. 
I don't think they're incredibly loud.  I've seen them like 4 times now.  

The mansweat is the huge downfall of their concert.  You're in tight proximity to 14-17 year old boys that sweat a lot and don't believe in deoderant.  I go home smelling like a boy's locker room.

ReBurn

Quote from: AliceLiddell on August 30, 2005, 12:43:53 PM

The mansweat is the huge downfall of their concert.  You're in tight proximity to 14-17 year old boys that sweat a lot and don't believe in deoderant.  I go home smelling like a boy's locker room.
Did anyone call you sweatsock?
11:42:24 [Gamplayerx] I keep getting knocked up.
11:42:28 [Gamplayerx] Er. OUT!

cnamon

What is so different about that?

Alice

Quote from: Beefy on August 30, 2005, 12:43:24 PM
Oh, how could I forget to mention Social Distortion at CBGB's?!  Fucking awesome.
I didn't think I'd ever use this smiley, but I can't think of anything else that would convey my feelings better...

:bow:

Alice

Quote from: cnamon on August 30, 2005, 12:44:38 PM

What is so different about that?
Most concerts you at least have some girls and some older guys there.  But LTJ shows are 95% 14-17 year old smelly kids.

Beefy

Quote from: AliceLiddell on August 30, 2005, 12:45:13 PM
I didn't think I'd ever use this smiley, but I can't think of anything else that would convey my feelings better...

It was the album release party for the Purple Album Whose Name I Forget.  I gave Mike Ness a cigarette.

DownSouth

I forgot.  Beastie Boys were awesome.
16:15:43 [Gamplayerx] Juneau, I could really go for some pie. You better Belize it!

Alice

Quote from: Beefy on August 30, 2005, 12:46:30 PM
Quote from: AliceLiddell on August 30, 2005, 12:45:13 PM

It was the album release party for the Purple Album Whose Name I Forget.  I gave Mike Ness a cigarette.
Will you marry me?

Beefy

Oh, and I was lucky enough to catch Mr. Bungle twice.   ;D

They covered Billy Squier's 'Stroke' and Loverboy's 'Working for the Weekend'.  It was awesome.

Fugazi is always really good, too.

eo000

Worst: Cranberries,

Funnest: Bloodhound Gang

Best: NIN, Manson

Alice

Quote from: eo000 on August 30, 2005, 12:50:04 PM
Worst: Cranberries,

Funnest: Bloodhound Gang

Best: NIN, Manson
Bloodhound Gang was a great time.

dc

Best: Love and Rockets

Worst: [Tie] Pixies -- who opened for L&R, same night; and Motley Crue -- even though the tickets were free, I walked away feeling like I had paid too much.

Bennyhana

Best:  Guy Davis.  I mixed it.  The kids at the school I where I was working didn't like it so much, but I thought it was awesome.

Worst:  I've worked a lot of concerts.  Most of them are bad.  The one that takes the cake is the one where no less than 50 senior citizens got onstage in sparlkley costumes and lip sync'ed for two hours.  LIP SYNC'ED!!!  I was getting paid to be there, but the stupid audience paid $10 apiece.

ReBurn

I think I'll just live vicariously through your concerts.
11:42:24 [Gamplayerx] I keep getting knocked up.
11:42:28 [Gamplayerx] Er. OUT!