News:

What happens if you get scared half to death twice?

Main Menu

Concerts

Started by Alice, August 30, 2005, 12:34:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BigDun

I was totally surprised, but the Chieftains had everyone on their feet half way through the show and the entire audience's voices were raw by the end.
16:26:25 [DownSouth] I'm in a monkey rutt

Number 6

best.....Crash Worship, Psychic TV, Radiohead, Death In June, Ministry(1990), Eyehategod, Doves, The Melvins/Fantomas Big Band (new years 2001)

worst....My Life with the Thrill Kill Kult, The Electric Hellfire Club (a fight broke out and one of the members of the band was arrested), Pigface (bad drug combination that night), The Vandals, Jets to Brazil (they were great the audience sucked big time), Clutch, Earth Crisis

Alice

Quote from: BigDun on August 30, 2005, 12:52:40 PM
I was totally surprised, but the Chieftains had everyone on their feet half way through the show and the entire audience's voices were raw by the end.
Hey Chieftains!

Hey Brak!

Ready to do a song Chieftains?

Ready when you are Brak!

I was born ready Chieftains!  Let's rock.

Number 6

Quote from: Beefy on August 30, 2005, 12:46:30 PM
Quote from: AliceLiddell on August 30, 2005, 12:45:13 PM
Quote from: Beefy on August 30, 2005, 12:43:24 PM
Oh, how could I forget to mention Social Distortion at CBGB's?!  Fucking awesome.
I didn't think I'd ever use this smiley, but I can't think of anything else that would convey my feelings better...

:bow:

It was the album release party for the Purple Album Whose Name I Forget.  I gave Mike Ness a cigarette.

Somewhere Between heaven and Hell

Alice

Quote from: Number 6 on August 30, 2005, 12:56:17 PM
Oh, how could I forget to mention Social Distortion at CBGB's?!  Fucking awesome.
I didn't think I'd ever use this smiley, but I can't think of anything else that would convey my feelings better...

It was the album release party for the Purple Album Whose Name I Forget.  I gave Mike Ness a cigarette.

That's the name.  I always want to call it King of Fools.

DownSouth

Quote from: eo000 on August 30, 2005, 12:50:04 PM
Worst: Cranberries,

Funnest: Bloodhound Gang

Best: NIN, Manson
I saw NIN with Jim Rose.  Awesome show.
16:15:43 [Gamplayerx] Juneau, I could really go for some pie. You better Belize it!

ignom

I want to think that Outkast was a good show, but I was in London and incredibly drunk.

Some British girl wrote her phone number up my arm after the show. I remember that much. Then I lost my ticket to get back on the underground, so she or her sister or someone bought me a ticket and all my friends were yelling at me to catch up with them.
Underneath this flabby exterior is an enormous lack of character.

Number 6

Quote from: AliceLiddell on August 30, 2005, 12:58:28 PM
Quote from: Number 6 on August 30, 2005, 12:56:17 PM

That's the name. I always want to call it King of Fools.

it's the only purple one i can think of....but it is also the social d album i ever bought so i could be wrong

Dry then Catch

1)  why did Weezer suck?

2)  i was 19 at the LTG concert and I felt sorta old

3)  Bloodhound Gang may be fun, but aren't they rather terrible muscians with not great voices?

Beefy

Quote from: CatchrNdRy on August 30, 2005, 01:09:05 PM
1)  why did Weezer suck?

3)  Bloodhound Gang may be fun, but aren't they rather terrible muscians with not great voices?

1) Their entire show was pre-scripted and pre-packaged.  When the audience failed to respond to it, instead of trying something new and making it more organic and in the moment, they stuck to the script and the show was a dud.  Plus I paid for two extra tickets I didn't want.  Plus Dashboard Confessional opened.

2) I didn't know LTG was in a band.

3) I've heard the same thing.

And yeah, that's the correct Social Distortion album.  They shot the video for 'Bad Luck' at the show that night.

Number 6

thats a great album....i'm sure that show rocked your ass

i have to add Godspeed You Black Emporer

Beefy

Quote from: Number 6 on August 30, 2005, 01:18:12 PM

I am SO MAD they went on indefinite hiatus before I got to see them.  >:(

Bishamonten

Best:  Tie between Guided by Voices and The Pixies
Worst:  The Datsun's( they opened up for the Pixies )

Number 6

Quote from: Beefy on August 30, 2005, 01:22:27 PM

really?

Beefy

Quote from: Number 6 on August 30, 2005, 01:32:41 PM

really?

Do not question my anger!

Number 6

Quote from: Beefy on August 30, 2005, 01:33:25 PM

really?

i jiust noticed the 'angry' face

Mr. Ubiquity

best:  Metallica (1st and 2nd times)  Ani Difranco - all three times.  Tori amos 1st time and 2nd

Worst:  Faith no More, and tori amos 3rd time
"if I wank to it, will u feel disgusted or flattered or a perverse combo of both?"

Beefy

Quote from: Number 6 on August 30, 2005, 01:40:11 PM
Quote from: Beefy on August 30, 2005, 01:33:25 PM

really?

i jiust noticed the 'angry' face

There was a thread at Plastic discussing the dissolution/postponement of GYBE and all of the side projects that have grown out of it.

Number 6

!!!.....this is very bad news indeed

Dry then Catch

Quote from: Beefy on August 30, 2005, 01:16:31 PM
Quote from: CatchrNdRy on August 30, 2005, 01:09:05 PM
1)  why did Weezer suck?

1) Their entire show was pre-scripted and pre-packaged.  When the audience failed to respond to it, instead of trying something new and making it more organic and in the moment, they stuck to the script and the show was a dud.  Plus I paid for two extra tickets I didn't want.  Plus Dashboard Confessional opened.

2) I didn't know LTG was in a band.

3) I've heard the same thing.

And yeah, that's the correct Social Distortion album.  They shot the video for 'Bad Luck' at the show that night.

hell i meant LTJ.  ha funny though

VikingJuice

Oh, how could I forget to mention Social Distortion at CBGB's?!  Fucking awesome.

Would those be "cold feelings in the night"?  Social D BABY!!! 

Alice

Quote from: vikingjuice on August 30, 2005, 02:24:41 PM
Oh, how could I forget to mention Social Distortion at CBGB's?!  Fucking awesome.

You googled Social Distortion, went to their webpage and clicked music.  The song Cold Feelings in the Night is listed next to the purple album - because it's a clip of a song off that album.  However, the name of the album is Somewhere Between Heaven and Hell.

VikingJuice

BEST:  Social D the first time, U2 the first two times, INXS front row, STP, Green Day, REM (for very cheap no less)

WORST: The chick, the wild guilded yak that Beef mentioned opening for Yo La Tengo.  She was the worst I've ever seen aside from Mystic Cross.

MOST ODD: Aquabats!

MOST DISAPPOINTING:  Dave Matthews 2nd time, Smashing Pumpkins, Bruce Springsteen 2nd time

VikingJuice

Quote from: AliceLiddell on August 30, 2005, 02:27:47 PM
Quote from: vikingjuice on August 30, 2005, 02:24:41 PM

You googled Social Distortion, went to their webpage and clicked music.  The song Cold Feelings in the Night is listed next to the purple album - because it's a clip of a song off that album.  However, the name of the album is Somewhere Between Heaven and Hell.

Actually, NO.  I didn't.  I luv social D and have for years.  I got the idea from your "convey my feelings" line and thought my use of the lyric would be funny.  Is your humor radar off today?

DownSouth

Quote from: vikingjuice on August 30, 2005, 02:40:15 PM
BEST:  Social D the first time, U2 the first two times, INXS front row, STP, Green Day, REM (for very cheap no less)

WORST: The chick, the wild guilded yak that Beef mentioned opening for Yo La Tengo.  She was the worst I've ever seen aside from Mystic Cross.

MOST ODD: Aquabats!

MOST DISAPPOINTING:  Dave Matthews 2nd time, Smashing Pumpkins, Bruce Springsteen 2nd time
Smashing Pumpkins were bad.  I couldn't understand any words and his voice sounded like shit.
16:15:43 [Gamplayerx] Juneau, I could really go for some pie. You better Belize it!