News:

Speaking as a chick, I just can't get enough of the wang bone.

Main Menu

Lost Season 3 Discussion Thread

Started by Beefy, August 26, 2006, 04:38:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Alice

Quote from: CatchrNdRy on October 09, 2006, 04:56:00 PM
Quote from: Jessie on October 09, 2006, 04:53:53 PM
Quote from: Beefy on October 09, 2006, 03:00:40 PM
Don't know if it's bullshiat, but Nathan Fillion may be guest starring on Lost later this season.

http://spoilerslost.blogspot.com/2006/10/announcement-breaking-lost-scoop.html
I have a bit of a crush on him now after watching Firefly.

I sort of felt he talked unnecessarily fast and sort of mumbly at times on Firefly. 
He does talk to himself... maybe it seemed fast because they swear in Japanese?

Dry then Catch

Quote from: Alice on October 09, 2006, 06:47:00 PM
Don't know if it's bullshiat, but Nathan Fillion may be guest starring on Lost later this season.

I sort of felt he talked unnecessarily fast and sort of mumbly at times on Firefly. 

They were in Chinese Mandarin, even poor by my standards.  No he talks fast even in their normal conversation.  I was trying to get some friends into FireFly and noticed this. 

Jessie

Quote from: CatchrNdRy on October 10, 2006, 05:51:04 PM

They were in Chinese Mandarin, even poor by my standards.  No he talks fast even in their normal conversation.  I was trying to get some friends into FireFly and noticed this. 
Hahaha Drew is sayng someone talks fast. HAHAHAHAHAHA
we should have kept the quote pyramid up to rape Jessie in the face.

Bishamonten

Quote from: CatchrNdRy on October 10, 2006, 05:51:04 PM

I think it's just the lilting way his lines were written.  They had an older, under-classed way about them.

Dry then Catch

why is no one talking about Lost?   :???: :???: :???: :???: :???:

spoiler

Is it implied that Sun shot Jae because she wanted to protect Jin and knew he didn't have the balls to go through with it?

Bishamonten

Quote from: CatchrNdRy on October 12, 2006, 12:22:43 PM
why is no one talking about Lost?   :???: :???: :???: :???: :???:

spoiler

Is it implied that Sun shot Jae because she wanted to protect Jin and knew he didn't have the balls to go through with it?

Why do you say she shot him?  I'm under the impression that she pushed him out the window( since he had the pearls in his hand )

Gamplayerx

Did she take the pearls?  I thought she hadn't.

Bishamonten

Quote from: Gamplayerx on October 13, 2006, 09:06:19 AM
Did she take the pearls?  I thought she hadn't.

Wasn't there a scene where she was looking at the pearls when Jin walked in for dinner?

Dry then Catch

The pearls were in his hand for some reason.  I guess it could have been one of Sun's father's henchmen, but my thought is she followed Jin in right afterwards.  Perhaps he was giving her the pearls and leaving forever. 
Mainly because Sun is showing her sordid past more and more.  And possibly underscoring the scene when the Otherl she shot said "You are not a killer".  WRONG

Does someone go from pleading for his life to suicide in 10 seconds? 

Bishamonten

Quote from: CatchrNdRy on October 15, 2006, 01:29:06 PM
The pearls were in his hand for some reason.  I guess it could have been one of Sun's father's henchmen, but my thought is she followed Jin in right afterwards.  Perhaps he was giving her the pearls and leaving forever. 
Mainly because Sun is showing her sordid past more and more.  And possibly underscoring the scene when the Otherl she shot said "You are not a killer".  WRONG

Does someone go from pleading for his life to suicide in 10 seconds? 

It's probably more likely that Sun was actually in the room and had arranged to meet him there.

Dry then Catch

bump......

best episode of the season? 
PS
I hate the new jr. Kate and jr. Sawyer characters.

"That's where they found Eko's brother!"

Gamplayerx

Poor Mr. Echo/Eko whatever his name is

Dry then Catch

Quote from: Gamplayerx on November 02, 2006, 12:07:38 PM

ugh thanks for killing off an awesome underused character. 

I really really wanted to see Eko, Jin, Sayid, Locke and Sawyer just team up and kick the shit out of things.   But now we'll just have scowling Jack and those useless lumps Charlie and Hurley mincing around bickering about things.

so what do you think the smoke cloud is? 

Gamplayerx

I dunno.  But it seems pretty angry.

Bishamonten

Quote from: CatchrNdRy on November 02, 2006, 12:23:58 PM
Quote from: Gamplayerx on November 02, 2006, 12:07:38 PM

ugh thanks for killing off an awesome underused character. 

I really really wanted to see Eko, Jin, Sayid, Locke and Sawyer just team up and kick the shit out of things.   But now we'll just have scowling Jack and those useless lumps Charlie and Hurley mincing around bickering about things.

so what do you think the smoke cloud is? 

They killed off the most interesting character on the show.  Jackasses.  Couple that with:
I'm acting as Gabe's proxy in this strip - essentially, he's "broken up" with Lost. It's complicated by the fact that he holds weekly "Lost Nights," where Lost-themed snacks are sometimes offered, but he's come to conclusion that there's no story actually being told. He no longer believes that events are happening according to some overarching plan. Watching the show now is apparently awful, because where he once perceived a carefully revealed structure he now just sees a couple guys out back beneath a tarp, flashlights held under the chin.

Listening intently to his grievances, it sounded to me like a kind of classic Snipe Hunt scenario, where your dad (or troop leader, or some other bastard) might haul you and your friends into the woods to seek out imaginary birds. A stone might be thrown while you are not looking, and the sound that results is attributed to the Snipe; or, if nothing is heard, this too is construed to be sure evidence of Snipe Activity.   

(source penny-arcade.com )

and this show has already jumped the shark.

Dry then Catch

Now now, I wouldn't go that far as to jumping the shark.  There is no way the mystery of the first season and the initial revelations of the second season could maintain their allure for so long.  If you hang out in a dark scary house long enough, even if you don't know whats going on, it sort of becomes more mundane.   I think its good they are killing off important people, but iw ish they didn't do it so cheesy. 

Jessie

dazie

I can figure out it's meaning from context, but where did "jumped the shark" come from??
"Pinky, are you pondering what I'm pondering?"
I think so, Brain, but how will we get the Spice Girls into the paella?

Jessie

Fonzie jumped a shark at some point.

dazie

Has that expression been around since then??  I've only seen it EVER today!

Jessie

dazie

no.

Does this mean I lose my cool street cred?

Dry then Catch

Quote from: dazie on November 02, 2006, 05:05:57 PM
no.

Does this mean I lose my cool street cred?

no, the number of people who actually witnessed that scene are few and far between.  they got told about it just like you

Gamplayerx

Geez, dazie.  There's even an entire website devoted to ripping shows and pointing out when they, too, have jumped the shark.

http://www.jumpedtheshark.com/

dazie