Heroes

Started by ReBurn, July 05, 2006, 07:33:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

meredith

Quote from: Infobahn on October 03, 2006, 10:24:41 AM
Quote from: hatt on October 03, 2006, 10:20:16 AM
missed it again.
Check NBC.com
They have been carrying episodes online for some other shows.

Do they still get to advertise at me?  Because I'd hate to deprive them of that.

Beefy

DownSouth

That cheerleader sure has bad luck.
16:15:43 [Gamplayerx] Juneau, I could really go for some pie. You better Belize it!

ReBurn

No doubt.  I can't wait to see next week's episode.
11:42:24 [Gamplayerx] I keep getting knocked up.
11:42:28 [Gamplayerx] Er. OUT!

Beefy

It was okay.  Still no characters, but the conspiracy is getting more interesting.

I'm about ready to give up on Studio 60.  It's treading water.

DownSouth

I liked Heroes a lot.  I was outside for most of Studio 60.
16:15:43 [Gamplayerx] Juneau, I could really go for some pie. You better Belize it!

ReBurn

I haven't watched Studio 60.  I'll have to check it out.

Gamplayerx

Yeah, I'm thinking it's pretty sucky being the cheerleader right about now.  I can't watch Studio 60 - I'm at my tv show quota with Lost, Heroes, Jericho, ER, Amazing Race, Survivor and The Nine (although I may drop The Nine - weird show).

Bennyhana

Quote from: Beefy on October 10, 2006, 08:51:00 AM
It was okay.  Still no characters, but the conspiracy is getting more interesting.

I'm about ready to give up on Studio 60.  It's treading water.

I really liked Studio 60 last night; I think it's actually getting better.  I think that Amanda Peet and Timothy Busfield are both really fun to watch.

Infobahn

I think that the "cast within a cast" on Studio 60 is that funny (Hughley and Corrdry aside), and I think there has to be some believability in that group to make the show work.  I think the first couple of episodes of any series is tough, especially in the cutthroat TV market now (Smith and Kidnapped are already gone).  You have one or two hours to get the audience to know enough about everyone to stick around.

Beefy

Quote from: Infobahn on October 10, 2006, 09:56:05 PM
I think that the "cast within a cast" on Studio 60 is that funny (Hughley and Corrdry aside), and I think there has to be some believability in that group to make the show work.  I think the first couple of episodes of any series is tough, especially in the cutthroat TV market now (Smith and Kidnapped are already gone).  You have one or two hours to get the audience to know enough about everyone to stick around.

I thought Studio 60 came out swinging because they had all the veterans working on those episodes.  The last two episodes have been handled by fresher faces and I think it really shows in the storytelling momentum.

Infobahn

I am so freaking hooked on this show.

Gamplayerx

Quote from: Infobahn on October 24, 2006, 12:01:01 AM
Heroes or Studio 60?

Infobahn

Quote from: Gamplayerx on October 24, 2006, 06:10:31 AM
Quote from: Infobahn on October 24, 2006, 12:01:01 AM
Heroes or Studio 60?
Yes.  Isn't it "Save the Writers, Save the Show?"  or am I getting confused...

swolt

I downloaded the first 5 episodes of Heros, since I recorded the 6th episode.

I just finished episode 3. I am freakin' hooked. This show is awesome. At the end of this episode when the cheerleader woke up on the table, I was like "holy fucking shit! did that just fucking HAPPEN?"

I'm pissed now because I have to go back to work for inventory and I won't be able to watch episodes 4 and 5 until Saturday.
A clever man commits no minor blunders.

ReBurn

Yeah, I'm hooked, too.

Alice

Hooked on a feeling?  Are you high on believing that I'm in love with you?

ReBurn

Don't hassle the Hoff!

Beefy

It did get better, thankfully.  I was getting pissed at all the gore trying to distract from any character development.  Thankfully, they knocked it off and started treating the characters with a little respect.  It's gotten much better.

"I had a sword...?"

I gave up on Jericho.

ReBurn

I thought it was interesting that this week they introduced more characters into the mix.  The radiation guy burning the nurse surprised me.  So did the plot twist with Ali Larter's character and her husband.

DownSouth

The out of order phone thing was pretty lame.

ReBurn

Quote from: DownSouth on November 08, 2006, 09:32:20 AM
You're just jealous.

DownSouth

Alice

DownSouth

Quote from: Alice on November 08, 2006, 10:49:12 AM
Quote from: DownSouth on November 08, 2006, 09:32:20 AM
Why?
I just think it's a stupid power.  Save the 35 cents.  Save the world.