News:

10/13/05 ReBurn nails the 90,000th post with a bullet! And what a bullet it was.

Main Menu

Heroes

Started by ReBurn, July 05, 2006, 07:33:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Alice

Quote from: DownSouth on November 08, 2006, 11:11:08 AM
Quote from: Alice on November 08, 2006, 10:49:12 AM
Quote from: DownSouth on November 08, 2006, 09:32:20 AM
The out of order phone thing was pretty lame.
Why?
I just think it's a stupid power.  Save the 35 cents.  Save the world.
He can fix anything electronic... like he did with his computer in one of the first episodes.  I think it's an awesome power.

ReBurn

Why?
I wonder if he could do something like put his hand on a gasoline engine and magically fix a fried piston.  If he could that would be cool.
11:42:24 [Gamplayerx] I keep getting knocked up.
11:42:28 [Gamplayerx] Er. OUT!

Beefy

Quote from: ReBurn on November 08, 2006, 11:18:54 AM
Why?
I wonder if he could do something like put his hand on a gasoline engine and magically fix a fried piston.  If he could that would be cool.

He could fix my Real Doll!

DownSouth

Quote from: Alice on November 08, 2006, 11:16:51 AM
Why?
He can fix anything electronic... like he did with his computer in one of the first episodes.  I think it's an awesome power.
I missed that.
16:15:43 [Gamplayerx] Juneau, I could really go for some pie. You better Belize it!

Beefy

Matt: If you could have any super power, what would it be?

Vaughn: The power to pleasure myself orally.

/My Super Ex-Girlfriend

Beefy

Is there anyone on this show that doesn't have special abilities?  Sheesh.

Also, I'm irritated they killed the waitress.  She was instantly likable and believable and then Sylar had to take her brain out.  Bastard.

And Hiro still rocks.

DownSouth

Quote from: Beefy on November 14, 2006, 09:38:00 AM

Also, I'm irritated they killed the waitress.  She was instantly likable and believable and then Sylar had to take her brain out.  Bastard.

And Hiro still rocks.
That's what I'm saying.  Everyone they introduce on each new epicode has powers.
16:15:43 [Gamplayerx] Juneau, I could really go for some pie. You better Belize it!

Bishamonten

And Hiro still rocks.

I'm actually a little annoyed that Mohinder has special abilities.  I'd much rather see him as a skeptic and a guide.

Alice

Quote from: Bishamonten on November 14, 2006, 10:00:16 AM

And Hiro still rocks.

I'm actually a little annoyed that Mohinder has special abilities.  I'd much rather see him as a skeptic and a guide.
I don't think Mohinder has any special abilities.  I think it's that kid that does - and he's visiting Mohinder since Mohinder's father is dead.  Though I could be interpreting that wrong.

swolt

Quote from: Alice on November 14, 2006, 10:05:23 AM

And Hiro still rocks.

I don't think Mohinder has any special abilities.  I think it's that kid that does - and he's visiting Mohinder since Mohinder's father is dead.  Though I could be interpreting that wrong.
That's what I thought too, the kid has the power, not Mohinder.

Also I don't think the waitress will remain dead. I think Hiro will stop it.
A clever man commits no minor blunders.

Beefy

And Hiro still rocks.

Wait, wasn't the kid his dead sister?

swolt

Quote from: Beefy on November 14, 2006, 10:08:23 AM

And Hiro still rocks.

I don't think so, his sister died at age 5, that kid looked much older than that.

Alice

Quote from: Beefy on November 14, 2006, 10:08:23 AM

And Hiro still rocks.

No, the kid was some other boy I think... didn't the file have a different name on it?

Beefy

True.  Perhaps a kid that was involved and knows about his father's studies.  That might explain the photo.

Why is Sylar killing these specific people?  Does he incorporate their powers?  He is going to go after Nuclear Dude next, thereby causing the explosion they're trying to avoid?  What does the cheerleader have to do with it all?

eo000

Quote from: Beefy on November 14, 2006, 10:18:49 AM
  Does he incorporate their powers? 

that's how i've viewed it.

Beefy

Quote from: eo000 on November 14, 2006, 10:21:38 AM

I wonder who originally had the power to lop the top of people's craniums off and remove their brains.  That's a pretty effed up power to have.  Unless you're a zombie.

eo000

Quote from: Beefy on November 14, 2006, 10:23:39 AM
Quote from: eo000 on November 14, 2006, 10:21:38 AM

I wonder who originally had the power to lop the top of people's craniums off and remove their brains.  That's a pretty effed up power to have.  Unless you're a zombie.
probably the 5 year old daughter.

Bishamonten

So far, given that there's no evidence of him using the powers of others, I've always assumed that either he hated himself and by extension those who are like him or he wants to feel special.  You can't be special if others have abilities too.

Alice

Alice

Do you guys read the graphic novels?

swolt

I thought it was because he doesn't want anyone to be able to stop him. He realizes he was one of the first to understand and control his power and he wants the others dead before they become more powerful.

Next week I think Peter is going to find the cheerleader and he will get hurt badly somehow, but because he is near her he will heal quickly like she does, only a single scar will remain.

eo000

Quote from: Alice on November 14, 2006, 10:40:57 AM
Do you guys read the graphic novels?
yes. and hiro's blog.

Bishamonten

Quote from: swolt on November 14, 2006, 10:42:45 AM
I thought it was because he doesn't want anyone to be able to stop him. He realizes he was one of the first to understand and control his power and he wants the others dead before they become more powerful.

Next week I think Peter is going to find the cheerleader and he will get hurt badly somehow, but because he is near her he will heal quickly like she does, only a single scar will remain.

Have they ever shown anything like that?

Wasn't the fire fighter she saved in bad condition?

And that nerdy kid she hangs around w/ is still suffering from the disease of being gay.

eo000

Quote from: Bishamonten on November 14, 2006, 10:53:25 AM

And that nerdy kid she hangs around w/ is still suffering from the disease of being gay.
they've showed that he can mimmick powers. flying near his brother, painting near isaac. being active when hiro stops time.

DownSouth

Quote from: Bishamonten on November 14, 2006, 10:53:25 AM

Buttsitis is nothing to joke about.