News:

10/13/05 ReBurn nails the 90,000th post with a bullet! And what a bullet it was.

Main Menu

Heroes

Started by ReBurn, July 05, 2006, 07:33:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Infobahn

Quote from: eo000 on September 26, 2006, 12:32:50 PM
Quote from: Alice on September 26, 2006, 12:30:47 PM
Is it too late for me to start watching Studio 60?
no. you can watch it on www.nbc.com
I really think NBC is going to do everything it can (in this case, having past episodes available online) to make it a hit.  I am sure they have sunk some serious money into it.

ReBurn

I just finished watching Heroes again.  I really like it.  Man I hope they don't screw it up.
11:42:24 [Gamplayerx] I keep getting knocked up.
11:42:28 [Gamplayerx] Er. OUT!

Listener

Quote from: ReBurn on September 28, 2006, 09:24:53 PM
I just finished watching Heroes again.  I really like it.  Man I hope they don't screw it up.

I'm pretty sure the production company will keep churning out good episodes.

I'm not at all sure that NBC won't cancel the show after four episodes when it doesn't perform well enough.  Because it won't.  Unfortunately.

Hopefully they'll at least pawn it off on Sci-Fi and Bravo (both of which they own).  The Sci-Fi audience I'm sure will love it.

ReBurn

Quote from: Listener on September 29, 2006, 07:51:16 AM
Quote from: ReBurn on September 28, 2006, 09:24:53 PM

I'm pretty sure the production company will keep churning out good episodes.

I'm not at all sure that NBC won't cancel the show after four episodes when it doesn't perform well enough.  Because it won't.  Unfortunately.

Hopefully they'll at least pawn it off on Sci-Fi and Bravo (both of which they own).  The Sci-Fi audience I'm sure will love it.
Sci-Fi works for me.  Except for the fact that I rather enjoyed watching in on NBC-HD.

DownSouth

They're playing it on Sci Fi Friday nights at 7.
16:15:43 [Gamplayerx] Juneau, I could really go for some pie. You better Belize it!

Listener

Quote from: DownSouth on September 29, 2006, 08:32:57 AM

Yes, but I mean, when NBC cancels it, as they inevitably will, I hope new episodes continue to get made, but for Sci-Fi.

DownSouth

Quote from: Listener on September 29, 2006, 08:33:27 AM

Yes, but I mean, when NBC cancels it, as they inevitably will, I hope new episodes continue to get made, but for Sci-Fi.
I know what you meant.  I was just letting people know who may have missed it.
16:15:43 [Gamplayerx] Juneau, I could really go for some pie. You better Belize it!

Listener

Quote from: DownSouth on September 29, 2006, 08:53:52 AM
Quote from: Listener on September 29, 2006, 08:33:27 AM

I know what you meant.  I was just letting people know who may have missed it.

OK.  Rock on.

They're also showing it on Bravo; I saw it in the listings while I was looking for something else.  I don't recall what.  (Not One Tree Hill though.)

cnamon

I saw the end of this show the other night...not bad!  I also saw the begining of Studio 60...also not bad!

Alice

Why do you say that?

ReBurn

Quote from: Alice on September 29, 2006, 10:24:26 AM
Why do you say that?
I wonder that, too.  I can see why it got the 10 pm time slot based on the content.  From what I've read it was pretty well received.  Have the ratings been released yet?

Beefy

Why do you say that?

Niche genre shows don't traditionally do well in primetime slots on major networks.  They don't tend to generate enough audience, and therefore advertising revenue, to make it worthwhile to keep producing the shows.  There are exceptions, like Lost or X-Files, but the shows have to be so good and so polished that they have to appeal to folks already outside the niche audience.  I agree with Listener that this is unlikely with this show.  But we'll see.

All in all, I'd say Jericho is off to a stronger start, narratively speaking.  And even that isn't great.  It looks a lot like last season where you had a handful of shows trying to score that geek/dork audience but none of them were quite as compelling as their premises.

dazie

s'cuz they're filming it by me. 
"Pinky, are you pondering what I'm pondering?"
I think so, Brain, but how will we get the Spice Girls into the paella?

Bennyhana

Why do you say that?

Because he's a Negative Nelly.

Listener

Quote from: Bennyhana on September 29, 2006, 03:12:42 PM
Why do you say that?

And a realist.  And I've been watching genre TV for quite some time.

Bennyhana

Quote from: Listener on September 29, 2006, 03:16:58 PM
Quote from: Bennyhana on September 29, 2006, 03:12:42 PM
Why do you say that?

And a realist.  And I've been watching Too Much TV for quite some time.

Genre TV is my favorite channel.

ReBurn

I really enjoyed tonight's episode.  Although it was kinda gross and disgusting in a few parts.

Beefy

Quote from: ReBurn on October 02, 2006, 10:21:21 PM
I really enjoyed tonight's episode.  Although it was kinda gross and disgusting in a few parts.

I was surprised at how graphic they got.  And the ending was certainly a doozy, as was the fate of the heroin addict.  Still, they spent, once again, pretty much zero time fleshing out any of the characters.  It's hard to muster up anything but superficial interest when you don't have anyone to care about.

DownSouth

I liked it.  They sure are spending a lot of time on the cheerleader girl though.  That may have to do with her dad though.

Beefy

Quote from: DownSouth on October 03, 2006, 08:45:27 AM
I liked it.  They sure are spending a lot of time on the cheerleader girl though.  That may have to do with her dad though.

I'm sure he's her Dad for a specific reason concerning the big conspiracy they're teasing about.

Beefy

Oh, and my favorite moment last night was when the younger brother realized he could fly during the argument with his brother.

DownSouth

Quote from: Beefy on October 03, 2006, 10:04:51 AM
Quote from: DownSouth on October 03, 2006, 08:45:27 AM

I'm sure he's her Dad for a specific reason concerning the big conspiracy they're teasing about.
Probably.  They're playing it on USA also.

ReBurn

Quote from: Beefy on October 03, 2006, 10:05:37 AM
Oh, and my favorite moment last night was when the younger brother realized he could fly during the argument with his brother.
Yeah, that was kinda cool.  What I'm wanting to know is what's up with the woman and her reflection in the mirror.  She's the main mystery for me right now.

meredith

Infobahn

Quote from: hatt on October 03, 2006, 10:20:16 AM
missed it again.
Check NBC.com
They have been carrying episodes online for some other shows.