News:

20,000th post winners: ReBurninator and Dazie. Enjoy your diseases!

Main Menu

What are you reading right now?

Started by Infobahn, January 01, 2006, 09:22:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Infobahn

What are you reading right now?

What are you reading next?

Gamplayerx

I'm reading the second of the Dean Koontz Frankenstein books.  Next up is something I can't remember - but it looked interesting at the library.  My books are due Wednesday, though, so I probably won't get to it.  I need to pick up some mindless trashy novels for my trip.

Jessie

we should have kept the quote pyramid up to rape Jessie in the face.

Infobahn

Jessie

Quote from: Infobahn on January 01, 2006, 09:26:25 PM
Quote from: Jessie on January 01, 2006, 09:24:42 PM
This post.

The next post.
Okay, Missy.  What BOOK are you reading?

I was kinda reading Empire Falls, but Jason knocked it in the toilet.  It was his book though, so I guess it's ok.  I haven't been in a reading frame of mind lately.
we should have kept the quote pyramid up to rape Jessie in the face.

Gamplayerx

Hope you don't have those blue toilet puck things.

Beefy

I have decided that the next novel I shall tackle will be this.

Gamplayerx

Quote from: Beefy on January 01, 2006, 09:31:54 PM
SIPs:  ... general freak ...

Hmm.

dazie

I'm in between books, but I've been casually reading my knitting book my (hopefully) soon to be sis in law sent, and I'm going to tackle "The Blind Assasin" next.

I got "Grant and Sherman: The friendship that won the Civil War" from DC, I'll read that too.
"Pinky, are you pondering what I'm pondering?"
I think so, Brain, but how will we get the Spice Girls into the paella?

ReBurn

I'm reading teh inernets.  I'm almost done!
11:42:24 [Gamplayerx] I keep getting knocked up.
11:42:28 [Gamplayerx] Er. OUT!

Mr. Ubiquity

"if I wank to it, will u feel disgusted or flattered or a perverse combo of both?"

ReBurn

11:42:24 [Gamplayerx] I keep getting knocked up.
11:42:28 [Gamplayerx] Er. OUT!

SockmonkeyHolocaust

Just finishing Bernard Shaw's Man and Superman

Probably going to either pick up something by John Irving next or reread the Xanabasis.

I was thinking about getting into Eastern European mythology. Dunno, I'll have to see what they have at the bookstore.

BigDun

I am reading Spin State by Chris Moriarty. I just finished listening to Stephen King's The Gunslinger (book 1 in the Dark Tower series) and am in the middle of listening to Charlaine Harris latest southern vampire series book.

I don't know what I am going to read/listen to next. Probably download book two of the Dark Tower series.
16:26:25 [DownSouth] I'm in a monkey rutt

Gamplayerx

Book two is when it begins to be good.

VikingJuice

Now, next and in no particular order: When Pride Still Mattered(Vince Lombardi Bio.), Friday Night Lights(the basis for the movie), Darkness by Asimov, and the Meaning of Relativity about Einstein and how his discoveries have shaped our world the last 60+ years.  I'm quite ADHD and my interest comes and goes with different projects but I'll nurse them all along in various stages of completion and finish them all during or right before summer.  Then I've got I Robot-Asimov, A Brief History of Time(for the second time) and The Cat Who Could Walk Through Walls-Heinlein waiting in the wings.

grace

esquire magazine, the local newspaper( which is pitiful ) but i'm hardly ever here to know what is going on.  and a cajun cookbook...

Alice

Currently:  Boy's Life & 1984

Next: Gödel, Escher, Bach: An Eternal Golden Braid.  (my friend Colin said that if you can see past the thick and semi-masturbatory number theorem, it's a decent read)

Mr. Ubiquity

Quote from: Alice on January 03, 2006, 10:28:12 AM

Next: Gödel, Escher, Bach: An Eternal Golden Braid.  (my friend Colin said that if you can see past the thick and semi-masturbatory number theorem, it's a decent read)

Thats what they say about "The Claiming of Sleeping Beauty" by Ann Roqulaure.
"if I wank to it, will u feel disgusted or flattered or a perverse combo of both?"

dazie

Quote from: Mr. Ubiquity on January 03, 2006, 11:10:34 AM

I loved that series when it came out.  Now they make me giggle.
"Pinky, are you pondering what I'm pondering?"
I think so, Brain, but how will we get the Spice Girls into the paella?

Mr. Ubiquity

Quote from: dazie on January 03, 2006, 12:14:52 PM
Quote from: Mr. Ubiquity on January 03, 2006, 11:10:34 AM

I loved that series when it came out.  Now they make me giggle.
3 books of pokin and proddin and spankin....  every woman should read that book  :angel:

Bishamonten

I finally found time to sit down and read Kawabata Yasunari's Snow Country and I'm contemplating on starting either Kawabata Yasunari's Master of Go, Edward Gibbon's The History of the Decline and Fall of the Roman Empire, Herbert P Bix's Hirohito and the Making of Modern Japan or possibly find a book detailing the history of Edo era Japan.

Listener

Quote from: Beefy on January 01, 2006, 09:31:54 PM

I read it.  It's pretty good.

Listener

Currently:  Iron Council, the third book in a series by China Mieville.  The hardest of the three to read because even after 100 pages you're still not quite sure where he's going with this, and in this one you really do need to have read at least Perdido Street Station (the first one) to understand the politics of the city.  Also has a lot of homosexual themes, which doesn't bother me but may bother others.  These books have been called phantasmagoric, and I totally get that.

Next:  Don't know.  Probably going to reread something.  My next "must have" book will be the third Moonworlds book by Sean McMullen.

Recently:  "Superfolks", a superhero satire book from the 70s.  "Finding Serenity", the essay collection about the TV show Firefly.

Beefy

Quote from: Listener on January 03, 2006, 03:50:13 PM
Recently:  "Superfolks", a superhero satire book from the 70s. 

I have that.  Classic stuff.