News:

10/13/05 ReBurn nails the 90,000th post with a bullet! And what a bullet it was.

Main Menu

Dominoes Pizza outsources ordering

Started by VikingJuice, July 16, 2008, 11:57:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

VikingJuice

WTF!!  I just called to order a pizza and was put through this ridiculous automated system.  I finally got an option to connect to a "customer service member" and got some chick who barely spoke English.  She clearly was not at the store around the block.  I don't think she was from India but definitely somewhere besides Webster Texas.

I don't like this at all, mostly because I liked being able to speak with the person AT the shop I was ordering from because if you had to fix anything, you could call them directly.

VikingJuice

Okay, I might be off a bit.  The system was automated but the chick on the phone may actually be local.  The guy that "delivered" my pizza was a mess.  He called to tell me he couldn't find the gate to call to get let in.  Then called again to tell me that he didn't know what to do at the gate.  So he asked me to come to the gate.  After I got to the gate, I looked around only to see that he wasn't there.  Then get back to my apartment and find him one building over, wandering around in the dark (there is a map of the entire complex at the gate).  I finally get his attention, get my pizza and realize this dude speaks next to no English-which then makes me realize he probably doesn't read English (or maps with English), and might have a family that barely speaks English who might actually be the owners of the Dominoes franchise in my area. 

Still, it was a pain to get my pizza.  They better improve their "service" quickly or this franchise will go under from people switching to another brand name.

Jessie

You seem very tense and upset lately.  I want to give you a hug and tell you it's all going to be ok.  Relax.

There, there *soothing tones*
we should have kept the quote pyramid up to rape Jessie in the face.

eo000

it was the weight watchers people trying to sabotage your pizza eating. they are crafty and determined to help you with your diet.

Bennyhana

I think it's karma for supporting a company who sells cardboard with some sort of cheese-colored laxative on top, thereby sullying the name "pizza."

Alice

I ordered pizza while drunk the other night.  Dude threw in free cheese sticks and a free 2 liter of pop.    I think it was because I told him he was my hero and sounded really cute.

Jessie

If you want to be mad about pizza, move here where all you can get is Dominoes, Papa Johns, or Hungry Howies.  That's it.

Alice

Quote from: Jessie on July 17, 2008, 07:22:04 AM
If you want to be mad about pizza, move here where all you can get is Dominoes, Papa Johns, or Hungry Howies.  That's it.
I know I'm in the minority, but I actually like Papa Johns.

Gamplayerx

I've yet to meet a pizza I don't like.

VJ, why don't you order online?  I hear Domino's tracks your pizza in real time.

Jessie

Quote from: Alice on July 17, 2008, 07:26:07 AM
Quote from: Jessie on July 17, 2008, 07:22:04 AM
I know I'm in the minority, but I actually like Papa Johns.
I like it ok, but it's not what I want when I want pizza.  It's what I want when I want Papa Johns.  That probably doesn't make sense.

It's kind of like when you want a good, juicy cheeseburger, you don't really want McDonalds.

Jessie

Also, I rarely order Papa Johns because you can't get something delivered from them for under $20.  I can run to Hungry Howies or Little Caesars (I forgot to list them) and get a pizza for <$6.

Beefy

Quote from: eo000 on July 17, 2008, 05:50:23 AM
it was the weight watchers people trying to sabotage your pizza eating. they are crafty and determined to help you with your diet.

*snicker*

Hey, at least he's trying.  More than I can say.

VikingJuice

Quote from: Beefy on July 17, 2008, 09:58:25 AM
Quote from: eo000 on July 17, 2008, 05:50:23 AM

*snicker*

Hey, at least he's trying.  More than I can say.

I'm a commitment-phobe when it comes to dieting.  I cheat every week or so.

Infobahn

We don't buy Dominoes because of their politics.

Alice

Quote from: Infobahn on July 17, 2008, 11:45:52 AM
Because they won't deliver to high crime areas?

Infobahn

Quote from: Alice on July 17, 2008, 11:51:04 AM
Quote from: Infobahn on July 17, 2008, 11:45:52 AM
Because they won't deliver to high crime areas?
They are Anti-Choice.

meredith

http://www.snopes.com/business/alliance/domino.asp

QuoteWhatever one might think of Tom Monaghan's selection of social causes, and no matter how one views the question of direct versus indirect underwriting of them via pizza monies, it's all moot now. These days none of the revenues that flow into Domino's reach this controversial man, so no portion of what a customer pays for a medium pepperoni-and-cheese funds the causes he supports. Monaghan sold his Domino's Pizza empire to Bain Capital Inc. for $1 billion in 1998.

Infobahn

Jessie

BigDun

Quote from: hatt on July 17, 2008, 11:54:19 AM

QuoteWhatever one might think of Tom Monaghan's selection of social causes, and no matter how one views the question of direct versus indirect underwriting of them via pizza monies, it's all moot now. These days none of the revenues that flow into Domino's reach this controversial man, so no portion of what a customer pays for a medium pepperoni-and-cheese funds the causes he supports. Monaghan sold his Domino's Pizza empire to Bain Capital Inc. for $1 billion in 1998.

I did not know this. I guess I have been boycotting them for no good reason. Well except for my memories of how their pizza tasted back in the 80s.
16:26:25 [DownSouth] I'm in a monkey rutt

Alice

Quote from: BigDun on July 17, 2008, 04:37:10 PM
Quote from: hatt on July 17, 2008, 11:54:19 AM

I did not know this. I guess I have been boycotting them for no good reason. Well except for my memories of how their pizza tasted back in the 80s.
It still kind of tastes like it did in the 80's, but like they had overstock back in the 80's and saved it up and are still using it.

meredith

when i get domino's, i'm usually craving the fluffy and over-buttered breadsticks. the pizza is meh

Dry then Catch

Quote from: Jessie on July 17, 2008, 04:31:50 AM
You seem very tense and upset lately.  I want to give you a hug and tell you it's all going to be ok.  Relax.

There, there *soothing tones*

yeah dude whats up are you having your man-struation or something

Dry then Catch

Quote from: hatt on July 17, 2008, 06:11:37 PM
when i get domino's, i'm usually craving the fluffy and over-buttered breadsticks. the pizza is meh

ahh geez I know your type.

"Let's not order pizza, lets get cheesy pepperoni breadsticks with red dipping sauce". 

::) ::)

meredith