News:

BE ALERT!! The world needs more lerts.

Main Menu

Smokehouse Almonds

Started by Gamplayerx, January 21, 2008, 07:34:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gamplayerx

Quite possibly one of the world's most perfect foods.

Also, this picture cracks me up.

Beefy

Jessie

We had some honey roasted almonds in here once and my god they were fantastic.
we should have kept the quote pyramid up to rape Jessie in the face.

Gamplayerx

Probably not as good as smokehouse.  Mmmm, salt.

grace

PISTACHIOS.......

i ate a 2lb bag, mostly by myself at christmas.... i'm not proud about that.

BigDun

I have about 1/3 of a 2 lb jar of pistachios on my kitchen counter. They are like the crack of the unshelled nut world.
16:26:25 [DownSouth] I'm in a monkey rutt

Gamplayerx

grace

Quote from: Gamplayerx on January 22, 2008, 10:38:14 PM
Red or not red?

never red, but always with shell, that's part of fun. throwing shells at people.

grace

Quote from: BigDun on January 22, 2008, 10:32:54 PM
I have about 1/3 of a 2 lb jar of pistachios on my kitchen counter. They are like the crack of the unshelled nut world.

i'm addicited

Gamplayerx

Quote from: grace on January 22, 2008, 10:41:27 PM
Red or not red?

never red, but always with shell, that's part of fun. throwing shells at people.
I agree on not red.  I agree on with shell.  I don't throw my shells at people though, meanie.  Do you eat the weird skin and bulby thing or do you throw those at people, too?

grace

Quote from: Gamplayerx on January 22, 2008, 10:47:09 PM
Quote from: grace on January 22, 2008, 10:41:27 PM
Red or not red?

I agree on not red.  I agree on with shell.  I don't throw my shells at people though, meanie.  Do you eat the weird skin and bulby thing or do you throw those at people, too?

i'm wierd about my food to a point, i'm a chef, so no wierd skin....

throwing depends on what we're drinking...

Gamplayerx

You're a chef? 

I don't know what I thought you did, not that I can now recall ever having any clue about what you did.

grace

Quote from: Gamplayerx on January 22, 2008, 10:53:31 PM
You're a chef? 

I don't know what I thought you did, not that I can now recall ever having any clue about what you did.

i chef in "season" only for private families. i haven't much this season. worked as a rest chef only as entree seafood mostly. i've been a high volume retail store manager for many years.... a chimpanzee care-giver...and i now work as a director for Habitat for Humanity.
a sort of mix...keeps me from being bored !

Gamplayerx

Wait, wait, wait.  Back up.  Monkeys??  Tells us about the chimp!!

grace

Quote from: Gamplayerx on January 22, 2008, 11:05:51 PM

they're CHIMPS....www.savethechimps.org

i worked there for almost 2 yrs as a chimp caregiver. that was the shit of jobs. i put my notice in end of nov. 07. i still volunteer.  i miss those guys, i some pics i can post.

grace

Quote from: grace on January 22, 2008, 11:11:20 PM

i worked there for almost 2 yrs as a chimp caregiver. that was the shit of jobs. i put my notice in end of nov. 07. i still volunteer.  i miss those guys, i some pics i can post.

some of da chimps.

[attachment deleted by admin]

Gamplayerx

Does "the shit of jobs" mean a good thing or a bad thing?

(I know the difference between monkeys and apes - it's a pet peeve of mine, I was just being funnyishicalish)

grace

Quote from: Gamplayerx on January 22, 2008, 11:20:44 PM
Does "the shit of jobs" mean a good thing or a bad thing?

(I know the difference between monkeys and apes - it's a pet peeve of mine, I was just being funnyishicalish)

if you worked there...you NEVER refered to them as monkeys, i know you understand the difference. it was a very dangerious job as well, but all GOOD. lots of factors considered  upon giving notice, just had to, but i soo love those guys, all 170 of them. i could tell you some very funny stories !!!  the building that i spent most of my time in, were decentants  of the original NASA chimps. we had 3 -4yr olds there, smart and totally adorable.

Bennyhana

Quote from: grace on January 22, 2008, 11:18:16 PM
Quote from: grace on January 22, 2008, 11:11:20 PM

some of da chimps.

Let's get down to brass tacks here:  How much for the ape?

Jessie

I wish my life was that interesting!
we should have kept the quote pyramid up to rape Jessie in the face.

DownSouth

I can eat pounds of boiled peanuts in one sitting.  There's a guy right before the lake that has fresh ones boiling all day.
16:15:43 [Gamplayerx] Juneau, I could really go for some pie. You better Belize it!

Gamplayerx

Boiled peanuts are gross and not smokehouse almonds. I'll bet even Grace's monkeys wouldn't eat boiled peanuts.

Alice

I've never had boiled peanuts.  Can't say as they sound very good.

DownSouth

Quote from: Gamplayerx on January 23, 2008, 10:05:56 AM
Boiled peanuts are gross and not smokehouse almonds. I'll bet even Grace's monkeys wouldn't eat boiled peanuts.
Go eat your pickled pigs feet!
16:15:43 [Gamplayerx] Juneau, I could really go for some pie. You better Belize it!

Gamplayerx

Quote from: DownSouth on January 23, 2008, 10:07:41 AM
Quote from: Gamplayerx on January 23, 2008, 10:05:56 AM
Go eat your pickled pigs feet!
My feet may be a bit smelly, but that's a bit rude, don't you think?