News:

03/23/05 10,000th post provided by Cnamon!

Main Menu

Smokehouse Almonds

Started by Gamplayerx, January 21, 2008, 07:34:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gamplayerx

Quite possibly one of the world's most perfect foods.

Also, this picture cracks me up.

Beefy

Jessie

We had some honey roasted almonds in here once and my god they were fantastic.
we should have kept the quote pyramid up to rape Jessie in the face.

Gamplayerx

Probably not as good as smokehouse.  Mmmm, salt.

grace

PISTACHIOS.......

i ate a 2lb bag, mostly by myself at christmas.... i'm not proud about that.

BigDun

I have about 1/3 of a 2 lb jar of pistachios on my kitchen counter. They are like the crack of the unshelled nut world.
16:26:25 [DownSouth] I'm in a monkey rutt

Gamplayerx

grace

Quote from: Gamplayerx on January 22, 2008, 10:38:14 PM
Red or not red?

never red, but always with shell, that's part of fun. throwing shells at people.

grace

Quote from: BigDun on January 22, 2008, 10:32:54 PM
I have about 1/3 of a 2 lb jar of pistachios on my kitchen counter. They are like the crack of the unshelled nut world.

i'm addicited

Gamplayerx

Quote from: grace on January 22, 2008, 10:41:27 PM
Red or not red?

never red, but always with shell, that's part of fun. throwing shells at people.
I agree on not red.  I agree on with shell.  I don't throw my shells at people though, meanie.  Do you eat the weird skin and bulby thing or do you throw those at people, too?

grace

Quote from: Gamplayerx on January 22, 2008, 10:47:09 PM
Quote from: grace on January 22, 2008, 10:41:27 PM
Red or not red?

I agree on not red.  I agree on with shell.  I don't throw my shells at people though, meanie.  Do you eat the weird skin and bulby thing or do you throw those at people, too?

i'm wierd about my food to a point, i'm a chef, so no wierd skin....

throwing depends on what we're drinking...

Gamplayerx

You're a chef? 

I don't know what I thought you did, not that I can now recall ever having any clue about what you did.

grace

Quote from: Gamplayerx on January 22, 2008, 10:53:31 PM
You're a chef? 

I don't know what I thought you did, not that I can now recall ever having any clue about what you did.

i chef in "season" only for private families. i haven't much this season. worked as a rest chef only as entree seafood mostly. i've been a high volume retail store manager for many years.... a chimpanzee care-giver...and i now work as a director for Habitat for Humanity.
a sort of mix...keeps me from being bored !

Gamplayerx

Wait, wait, wait.  Back up.  Monkeys??  Tells us about the chimp!!

grace

Quote from: Gamplayerx on January 22, 2008, 11:05:51 PM

they're CHIMPS....www.savethechimps.org

i worked there for almost 2 yrs as a chimp caregiver. that was the shit of jobs. i put my notice in end of nov. 07. i still volunteer.  i miss those guys, i some pics i can post.

grace

Quote from: grace on January 22, 2008, 11:11:20 PM

i worked there for almost 2 yrs as a chimp caregiver. that was the shit of jobs. i put my notice in end of nov. 07. i still volunteer.  i miss those guys, i some pics i can post.

some of da chimps.

[attachment deleted by admin]

Gamplayerx

Does "the shit of jobs" mean a good thing or a bad thing?

(I know the difference between monkeys and apes - it's a pet peeve of mine, I was just being funnyishicalish)

grace

Quote from: Gamplayerx on January 22, 2008, 11:20:44 PM
Does "the shit of jobs" mean a good thing or a bad thing?

(I know the difference between monkeys and apes - it's a pet peeve of mine, I was just being funnyishicalish)

if you worked there...you NEVER refered to them as monkeys, i know you understand the difference. it was a very dangerious job as well, but all GOOD. lots of factors considered  upon giving notice, just had to, but i soo love those guys, all 170 of them. i could tell you some very funny stories !!!  the building that i spent most of my time in, were decentants  of the original NASA chimps. we had 3 -4yr olds there, smart and totally adorable.

Bennyhana

Quote from: grace on January 22, 2008, 11:18:16 PM
Quote from: grace on January 22, 2008, 11:11:20 PM

some of da chimps.

Let's get down to brass tacks here:  How much for the ape?

Jessie

I wish my life was that interesting!

DownSouth

I can eat pounds of boiled peanuts in one sitting.  There's a guy right before the lake that has fresh ones boiling all day.
16:15:43 [Gamplayerx] Juneau, I could really go for some pie. You better Belize it!

Gamplayerx

Boiled peanuts are gross and not smokehouse almonds. I'll bet even Grace's monkeys wouldn't eat boiled peanuts.

Alice

I've never had boiled peanuts.  Can't say as they sound very good.

DownSouth

Quote from: Gamplayerx on January 23, 2008, 10:05:56 AM
Boiled peanuts are gross and not smokehouse almonds. I'll bet even Grace's monkeys wouldn't eat boiled peanuts.
Go eat your pickled pigs feet!
16:15:43 [Gamplayerx] Juneau, I could really go for some pie. You better Belize it!

Gamplayerx

Quote from: DownSouth on January 23, 2008, 10:07:41 AM
My feet may be a bit smelly, but that's a bit rude, don't you think?

DownSouth

Quote from: Gamplayerx on January 23, 2008, 10:17:25 AM
This reminds me of my friends pick up line.

I'd eat a mile of your shit just to lick your asshole.

Gamplayerx

Has a lot of success with that one, does he?

DownSouth

He's an engineerd just like you like em.

Beefy

Quote from: DownSouth on January 23, 2008, 10:26:02 AM

Oh come on, that's your line and we all know it.

Jessie

Quote from: Beefy on January 23, 2008, 12:50:37 PM
Quote from: DownSouth on January 23, 2008, 10:26:02 AM

Oh come on, that's your line and we all know it.
I know that's what he said to me when we first met.

Actually it was something about a 'fucking hot bitch' or something to that effect.  It was very charming.

grace

they will do almost anything for peanuts and pig way more than DS.....
they are also the "kings" of barter,  peanuts are the hottest trade item by far.
other trade items that only you folks are privy too, cherry chapstick & application, (i almost got fired over that one) Newport cigs, canned redi-whip & application, watermelon, shoes.
i traded my watch for a 50ft hose.

Gamplayerx

Quote from: grace on January 23, 2008, 08:42:23 PM
cherry chapstick & application, (i almost got fired over that one)
canned redi-whip & application
Application, huh?  Sounds ... um ...

grace

Quote from: Gamplayerx on January 24, 2008, 09:34:44 AM
Quote from: grace on January 23, 2008, 08:42:23 PM
cherry chapstick & application, (i almost got fired over that one)
canned redi-whip & application
Application, huh?  Sounds ... um ...

kinky chimp sex ???

tall, dark, and hot.....but way too hairy

[attachment deleted by admin]

Alice

Quote from: grace on January 24, 2008, 07:30:01 PM
kinky chimp sex ???

I think I may have missed something along the way.  Do you work with chimps?  If so, do you get tired of talking about what you do... because I'd be really interested to hear more.

grace

Quote from: Alice on January 24, 2008, 07:35:02 PM
kinky chimp sex ???

I think I may have missed something along the way.  Do you work with chimps?  If so, do you get tired of talking about what you do... because I'd be really interested to hear more.

i did for almost 2 yrs. it's the worlds largest captive chimp refuge in the world.
www.savethechimps.org.  i put my notice in this past nov. it was the most unique job ever!
they've done alot of improvements to the site with lots more info in the past few months.
look at the map and configuration of the refuge, it was designed well.  they are amazing creatures, 98% of our DNA and extremely smart and funny !

they move employees around alot, so i spent time in every building. my job was listed as care-giver, but i would start my day at 6am and mix meds for 170 chimps, then head to the building i was assigned to and open-up, as in feed, with crew of 3 and clean, then feed them lunch, let them back out, etc. they are ALOT of work. above all else, you must account for every chimp...the nightmare would be anyone of those guys loose!!

DownSouth

Quote from: grace on January 24, 2008, 08:19:49 PM
kinky chimp sex ???

i did for almost 2 yrs. it's the worlds largest captive chimp refuge in the world.
www.savethechimps.org.  i put my notice in this past nov. it was the most unique job ever!
they've done alot of improvements to the site with lots more info in the past few months.
look at the map and configuration of the refuge, it was designed well.  they are amazing creatures, 98% of our DNA and extremely smart and funny !

they move employees around alot, so i spent time in every building. my job was listed as care-giver, but i would start my day at 6am and mix meds for 170 chimps, then head to the building i was assigned to and open-up, as in feed, with crew of 3 and clean, then feed them lunch, let them back out, etc. they are ALOT of work. above all else, you must account for every chimp...the nightmare would be anyone of those guys loose!!
Did you show your boobs?

grace

Quote from: DownSouth on January 25, 2008, 09:34:00 AM
Quote from: grace on January 24, 2008, 08:19:49 PM
kinky chimp sex ???

Did you show your boobs?

no, but lots of co-workers did.  a chimp named "ryan" was the only relentless shit-pitcher out of 170....so ryan got flashed all the time, sometimes it worked for them and sometimes it didn't.....pretty gross, shit spattered tits.  i think there were about 8 people that he didn't throw at and iwas lucky to be one of them!  just had to watch who i stood next to, any loyalty is gone at that point...."don't stand so close to me"

Gamplayerx

Wait. Are you saying that people flashed Ryan in order to get him to throw poop at them?  Or to try and appease him so he didn't throw poop at them?

grace

Quote from: Gamplayerx on January 25, 2008, 07:06:22 PM
Wait. Are you saying that people flashed Ryan in order to get him to throw poop at them?  Or to try and appease him so he didn't throw poop at them?

anything to stop him !!...he threw poop with force and vengance! if he ran out of poop, he shit on the spot, if he couldn't shit, he'd scare another chimp into shitting to replenish supply.
i used to spray the cage and water-down the poop to liquid. he got hip after the 2nd time, grabbed a sand bucket out on the island and brought it in the building full of shit.

Gamplayerx