News:

9/8/05: 6 months, 75,000 posts! Thanks to Nishi for the post!

Main Menu

Torchwood

Started by Beefy, September 10, 2007, 06:51:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Beefy

Anyone else catch the premiere episode?  Not bad, holds some promise.  The lead guy's acting ability is a bit grating, like he's channeling Tom Cruise when Cruise is just coasting on his charisma (i.e. Cocktail).  Otherwise, it's a bit like Men in Black, but without the sense of humor.

BigDun

I'm watching the second episode now. The lead has a slight Tom Cruise vibe without the creepiness factor.
16:26:25 [DownSouth] I'm in a monkey rutt

Beefy

He's very Tom Cruise.

Be careful to not watch the edited version.  Apparently BBC America broadcasts two versions.

Beefy

Have started season two.  I bet this show is a blast to work on.

pumpkineye

I love this show.  The bloopers are great because you see him slip out of his American accent and I certainly have a thing for Scotsmen.  It makes me happy when a show can spawn another the way Doctor Who did with this, and pull it off pretty well.

grace

Quote from: pumpkineye on November 10, 2008, 01:00:06 PM
I love this show.  The bloopers are great because you see him slip out of his American accent and I certainly have a thing for Scotsmen.  It makes me happy when a show can spawn another the way Doctor Who did with this, and pull it off pretty well.

scotsman...is it the Kilts or the Bagpipes ?

pumpkineye

Quote from: grace on November 10, 2008, 10:47:45 PM

hah my boyfriend is one.  Not a kilt or a bagpipe.

grace

Quote from: pumpkineye on November 11, 2008, 02:15:17 AM
Quote from: grace on November 10, 2008, 10:47:45 PM

hah my boyfriend is one.  Not a kilt or a bagpipe.

if he has a kilt...we want pics...