News:

You know, I think that if there was a person you didn't like, and you handed them Wasabi Peas and a Vernor's ginger ale, and told them to inhale the smell of Vernor's through their nose and then take a bite of the Wasabi Peas and then exhale through their nose, you could kill them and totally get away with it.

Main Menu

Torchwood

Started by Beefy, September 10, 2007, 06:51:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Beefy

Anyone else catch the premiere episode?  Not bad, holds some promise.  The lead guy's acting ability is a bit grating, like he's channeling Tom Cruise when Cruise is just coasting on his charisma (i.e. Cocktail).  Otherwise, it's a bit like Men in Black, but without the sense of humor.

BigDun

I'm watching the second episode now. The lead has a slight Tom Cruise vibe without the creepiness factor.
16:26:25 [DownSouth] I'm in a monkey rutt

Beefy

He's very Tom Cruise.

Be careful to not watch the edited version.  Apparently BBC America broadcasts two versions.

Beefy

Have started season two.  I bet this show is a blast to work on.

pumpkineye

I love this show.  The bloopers are great because you see him slip out of his American accent and I certainly have a thing for Scotsmen.  It makes me happy when a show can spawn another the way Doctor Who did with this, and pull it off pretty well.

grace

Quote from: pumpkineye on November 10, 2008, 01:00:06 PM
I love this show.  The bloopers are great because you see him slip out of his American accent and I certainly have a thing for Scotsmen.  It makes me happy when a show can spawn another the way Doctor Who did with this, and pull it off pretty well.

scotsman...is it the Kilts or the Bagpipes ?

pumpkineye

Quote from: grace on November 10, 2008, 10:47:45 PM

hah my boyfriend is one.  Not a kilt or a bagpipe.

grace

Quote from: pumpkineye on November 11, 2008, 02:15:17 AM
Quote from: grace on November 10, 2008, 10:47:45 PM

hah my boyfriend is one.  Not a kilt or a bagpipe.

if he has a kilt...we want pics...