News:

03/23/05 10,000th post provided by Cnamon!

Main Menu

07-08 Football Season Thread

Started by Alice, September 06, 2007, 09:53:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ReBurn

Quote from: eo000 on September 10, 2007, 07:23:20 AM
Quote from: ReBurn on September 09, 2007, 10:23:50 PM
I'm not so sure that the Colts won because they are good.
why then? do you think someone kidnapped Coach Payton's wife and kids, and told him at halftime they would get murdered if his team covered the spread?
Yes. And there were bombs planted all around the stadium.
11:42:24 [Gamplayerx] I keep getting knocked up.
11:42:28 [Gamplayerx] Er. OUT!

eo000

Quote from: ReBurn on September 10, 2007, 09:22:57 AM
Quote from: eo000 on September 10, 2007, 07:23:20 AM
Quote from: ReBurn on September 09, 2007, 10:23:50 PM
I'm not so sure that the Colts won because they are good.
why then? do you think someone kidnapped Coach Payton's wife and kids, and told him at halftime they would get murdered if his team covered the spread?
Yes. And there were bombs planted all around the stadium.
damn terrorists. totally screwed my fantasy team.

Gamplayerx

Bennyhana

Quote from: Gamplayerx on September 10, 2007, 10:51:21 AM
Quote from: Alice on September 10, 2007, 07:37:40 AM
Quote from: Gamplayerx on September 09, 2007, 09:30:31 PM
I win!!
You won what?
I won vicariously through the Redskins.

It is accepted sports etiquette to, when you win vicariously through your team, at least acknowledge the team's role in the victory by saying, "We won!"

Jessie

hahaha

Gamp brought them to victory!  Don't doubt the powers of Gamp!
we should have kept the quote pyramid up to rape Jessie in the face.

Alice

Between Gamp and Jesus, sports teams can't lose!

Also, to hell with Plaxico Burress.  He got my opponent 25 pts.

DownSouth

Sorry to interrupt your pro talk but CAROLINA IS NOW 17TH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
16:15:43 [Gamplayerx] Juneau, I could really go for some pie. You better Belize it!

VikingJuice

Quote from: DownSouth on September 10, 2007, 10:18:57 PM
Sorry to interrupt your pro talk but CAROLINA IS NOW 17TH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Do you guys still have that Blake guy at QB?  He was really shaky the last few times I've seen him play.  I heard you guys have a new young guy who is a good runner and improving passer.  Is he playing yet?

DownSouth

Quote from: VJ-Office Linebacker on September 11, 2007, 08:16:26 PM
Quote from: DownSouth on September 10, 2007, 10:18:57 PM

Do you guys still have that Blake guy at QB?  He was really shaky the last few times I've seen him play.  I heard you guys have a new young guy who is a good runner and improving passer.  Is he playing yet?
Yeah.  Blake Mitchell who was suspended the first game because his retarded ass missed too many summer school classes.  We have Cory Boyd who can run through holes like a mofo. 
16:15:43 [Gamplayerx] Juneau, I could really go for some pie. You better Belize it!

Alice

BigDun

Sorry about your team sucking. But hey, if it makes you feel any better, my team is doing GREAT!
16:26:25 [DownSouth] I'm in a monkey rutt

Infobahn

Quote from: Alice on September 23, 2007, 09:58:04 PM
I hate you, Rex Grossman.

When was the last time Chicago had a great QB?

Alice

Quote from: BigDun on September 23, 2007, 10:06:56 PM
Sorry about your team sucking. But hey, if it makes you feel any better, my team is doing GREAT!
Our team doesn't suck.  Just our QB.   :-\

Alice

BigDun

16:26:25 [DownSouth] I'm in a monkey rutt

Infobahn

Alice

Yeah, we're not very good with QBs.  Normally our defense just has to make up for it, like last season.

DownSouth

Don't forget his movie career.  Triple threat.

Infobahn

Quote from: Alice on September 23, 2007, 10:16:22 PM
Yeah, we're not very good with QBs.  Normally our defense just has to make up for it, like last season.

At least the rumors are that Donovan McNabb might be a Bear next year.

Alice

Those rumors were going around before this season too... I really hope it happens. 

DownSouth

Rex better sneak out to his Ferrari tonight.

I'm a Cowboy
I snort coke in my ride
I'm wanted...wanted
For three to five

swolt

If the Saints don't show up tonight I am hanging them up for the season.

I can still cheer for LSU though.
A clever man commits no minor blunders.

Bennyhana

1. Jim McMahon was NOT a great QB.  He was interesting and fun, and he got enough of the job done so that the Bears Defense didn't have to stay on the field the whole time.  The bears have never had a great QB in my lifetime.  They've had nothing but a string of disappointments and injuries since I started watching them faithfully.

2. The whole team failed last night.  There were some dropped passes that should've been caught, Benson fumbled, Hester nearly muffed two kicks, and the defense had 3 injuries and crumbled in the second half.  Grossman is a BIG problem, that much is certain, but others have to compensate.  If the Offensive line is strong and Benson holds on to the damn football, the Bears can take Rex out of the equation and march down the field.

3. Donovan McNabb, as good as he is, is not the answer.  They'll pay him zillions of dollars to come back and get injured in the first game of the season, and we'll be stuck with Kyle Orton again.  The answer is to finally find a breakout success quarterback who is durable.

Bennyhana

There were a whopping 8 results on Google for "Great Bears Quarterback" with quotes.