News:

20,000th post winners: ReBurninator and Dazie. Enjoy your diseases!

Main Menu

mmm. Pig.

Started by dazie, October 12, 2006, 03:21:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dazie

Quote from: Jessie on November 02, 2008, 11:48:53 PM
You should have gotten fresh ham.  Fresh ham breaded and fried like pork chops is one of my favorite things in this world

I got that too- the ham steaks aren't smoked.
"Pinky, are you pondering what I'm pondering?"
I think so, Brain, but how will we get the Spice Girls into the paella?

grace

dazie

Found out today that the half hog we bought was from the biggest hog the family ever raised.  *lol*  We have so much damn pig in our freezer right now...  *lol*

[attachment deleted by admin]

dazie

Here's the rest of it.  That's ham steaks and bags of sausage, with ham hocks in the back there.

I'd say we have about 10 lbs of bacon, 12-14 of sausage, a 9lb roast, 3 2lb packages of cut up pieces for stewing, 14+ ham steaks, an 8 or 9lb smoked ham, a dozen inch thick chops, hocks, ribs, liver and heart (gross) and I don't know what all else, since I was in charge of filling one freezer and Ursus filled the other.

*swine*  er... *swoon*

:oink:

[attachment deleted by admin]

Jessie

When I get a house, I want to get a deep freeze and buy half hogs and half cows and stuff.  It's the smartest way to buy meat.
we should have kept the quote pyramid up to rape Jessie in the face.

Gamplayerx

Quote from: dazie on November 21, 2008, 10:21:48 PM
Here's the rest of it.  That's ham steaks and bags of sausage, with ham hocks in the back there.

I'd say we have about 10 lbs of bacon, 12-14 of sausage, a 9lb roast, 3 2lb packages of cut up pieces for stewing, 14+ ham steaks, an 8 or 9lb smoked ham, a dozen inch thick chops, hocks, ribs, liver and heart (gross) and I don't know what all else, since I was in charge of filling one freezer and Ursus filled the other.

*swine*  er... *swoon*

:oink:
Holy crap.  That's like a lifetime supply of pig!

ReBurn

You should have gotten fresh ham.  Fresh ham breaded and fried like pork chops is one of my favorite things in this world
Did you mention that to the doctor the last time they were trying to diagnose your heart problems?
11:42:24 [Gamplayerx] I keep getting knocked up.
11:42:28 [Gamplayerx] Er. OUT!

Infobahn

I always picture Dazie as our resident hippie vegan.

dazie

Quote from: Infobahn on November 22, 2008, 10:07:01 AM

I occasionally have twinges of "oh but it's a living creature! blah blah blah" but then I think "It's a PIG.  WTF else is it going to do with its life?"

My brother went hunting a few weeks ago and got an elk.  Sent me a picture.  I was a little grossed out, but then I sent him a note back- "Nothing says "I love you Sis!" like fresh elk steaks!"

Jessie

Quote from: ReBurn on November 22, 2008, 09:54:39 AM
Did you mention that to the doctor the last time they were trying to diagnose your heart problems?
I haven't had any since before my grandma died in 02.  :(  Poor Jessie!

And yeah, I feel guilty if I think about where my meat comes from, but then I think Mmm, ham, and realize that obviously I'm very weak willed.

Did anyone else catch the Sarah Palin interview in front of the guy killing the turkey?  That made me kind of sick to my stomach to watch, and NOT because of Sarah Palin!
we should have kept the quote pyramid up to rape Jessie in the face.

Gamplayerx

Quote from: Jessie on November 22, 2008, 02:12:12 PM

And yeah, I feel guilty if I think about where my meat comes from, but then I think Mmm, ham, and realize that obviously I'm very weak willed.

Did anyone else catch the Sarah Palin interview in front of the guy killing the turkey?  That made me kind of sick to my stomach to watch, and NOT because of Sarah Palin!
I heard about it on the radio driving to work, but forgot to bother to watch it once I got there.

grace

Quote from: dazie on November 22, 2008, 11:26:19 AM

I occasionally have twinges of "oh but it's a living creature! blah blah blah" but then I think "It's a PIG.  WTF else is it going to do with its life?"

My brother went hunting a few weeks ago and got an elk.  Sent me a picture.  I was a little grossed out, but then I sent him a note back- "Nothing says "I love you Sis!" like fresh elk steaks!"

never had elk....what is it close to, in meat family?

ReBurn

Quote from: Jessie on November 22, 2008, 02:12:12 PM

What was funny about that was that she had just pardoned her turkey. Too bad for the rest I guess.
11:42:24 [Gamplayerx] I keep getting knocked up.
11:42:28 [Gamplayerx] Er. OUT!

dazie

Quote from: grace on November 22, 2008, 09:18:37 PM

Venison I guess would be the closest.  Rich dark meat.

Infobahn

Quote from: dazie on November 22, 2008, 10:52:04 PM
Quote from: grace on November 22, 2008, 09:18:37 PM

Venison I guess would be the closest.  Rich dark meat.
That's what she said.