News:

9/8/05: 6 months, 75,000 posts! Thanks to Nishi for the post!

Main Menu

mmm. Pig.

Started by dazie, October 12, 2006, 03:21:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dazie

A woman I work with raises pigs and offers them for sale after the fair. 

I couldn't get a half hog, too much $$, not enough freezer space.  So another coworker and I are splitting one.  SCHWEET!

I'm so excited!

:oink: :heart:
"Pinky, are you pondering what I'm pondering?"
I think so, Brain, but how will we get the Spice Girls into the paella?

Alice

Do you get it every other weekend?

Jessie

we should have kept the quote pyramid up to rape Jessie in the face.

dazie

Alice

Quote from: dazie on October 12, 2006, 03:42:00 PM
I'm very confused.
That's King Solomon, I believe.  When two couples were fighting over a baby, he said to just cut it in half and each family would get half.

dazie

Got it.  I wasn't thinking that, I was still on the "get it every other weekend" thing and couldn't figure out what that had to do with the picture.

Jessie

Quote from: Alice on October 12, 2006, 03:47:51 PM
Quote from: dazie on October 12, 2006, 03:42:00 PM
I'm very confused.
That's King Solomon, I believe.  When two couples were fighting over a baby, he said to just cut it in half and each family would get half.
Hooray!

I wish I could find the picture from one of my bibles as a kid, where he's standing there, holding the baby upside down by his foot in one hand, and a sword in the other.  It was awesomely disturbing (I mean, I still remember that picture now, so that's gotta say something).

PS Dazie's a UU, they don't read bibles.

DownSouth

Make sure you get the anus and send it to alice.
16:15:43 [Gamplayerx] Juneau, I could really go for some pie. You better Belize it!

dazie

JJ

Quote from: dazie on October 12, 2006, 03:21:31 PM
A woman I work with raises pigs and offers them for sale after the fair. 

I couldn't get a half hog, too much $$, not enough freezer space.  So another coworker and I are splitting one.  SCHWEET!

I'm so excited!

:oink: :heart:

Ech. That's a lot of pork. Cue the Julius quote.

Bennyhana

Also, send the jowls to Stimpy.

cnamon

ReBurn

I went to the all-you-can-eat pork BBQ and fried chicken buffet today.  If there was pig ass in it all I can say is that it tasted good.  The banana pudding was good, too.
11:42:24 [Gamplayerx] I keep getting knocked up.
11:42:28 [Gamplayerx] Er. OUT!

eo000

Quote from: Dottie Lou on October 12, 2006, 09:13:25 PM
Yuck.

Dazie won't go into your "i take pictures of myself" threads and say.... aw nevermind. i've played out the joke.

Alice

Quote from: eo000 on October 13, 2006, 05:59:18 AM
Quote from: Dottie Lou on October 12, 2006, 09:13:25 PM
Yuck.

Dazie won't go into your "i take pictures of myself" threads and say.... aw nevermind. i've played out the joke.
It was fun while it lasted, pumpkin.

dazie

:oink: :rock:

Pig rocks.  My freezer is FULL.  I can't wait to have some of the bacon tomorrow morning!

VikingJuice

Quote from: Alice on October 12, 2006, 03:28:40 PM
Do you get it every other weekend?
'

I thought you meant, "do you get 'porked' every other weekend"?  That would have been really funny in my head.

Mmmm.   I love pork by the way.  One of my favorite meals is to get a big pork roast, jam it full of garlic chunks, rub it down with butter and some salt and let it roast in the oven for a couple hours.  Serve it with mashed taters and some gravy.  MMMM  mmmmmm good!!!!

Jessie

DownSouth

16:15:43 [Gamplayerx] Juneau, I could really go for some pie. You better Belize it!

dazie

Update- BEST BACON EVER.  *swoon*

Next- ham steaks.

DownSouth

dazie

Quote from: DownSouth on November 06, 2006, 12:08:00 PM
I hate killer ribs.

I didn't get any ribs, when you get half of a half you tend to take what you get.  :)  I got two ham hocks though-  SOUP!

ReBurn

Quote from: dazie on November 06, 2006, 12:12:24 PM
I hate killer ribs.

I didn't get any ribs, when you get half of a half you tend to take what you get.  :)  I got two ham hocks though-  SOUP!
Did you get a stone, too?  I hear that's a crucial ingredient.

Jessie

Right now, in my crock pot rests pork tenderloin and sour kraut.

mmm, cant wait for dinner.

ReBurn

Sounds like an explosive meal!

Alice

Quote from: ReBurn on November 06, 2006, 01:20:59 PM
I hate killer ribs.

You can use my friend's stone.  She got a Q.O. and her dealer weighted it out with a pepple.  She packed her toke stone without breaking up the weed, because she's lazy, and tried to smoke a rock for about 15 minutes.  

DownSouth

Quote from: Alice on November 06, 2006, 01:35:54 PM
I hate killer ribs.

You can use my friend's stone.  She got a Q.O. and her dealer weighted it out with a pepple.  She packed her toke stone without breaking up the weed, because she's lazy, and tried to smoke a rock for about 15 minutes.  
Nice dealer.  Not a good way to get repeat customers.

Alice

Gah - pepple = pebble.  Pepple is one of my boss' last names.

Jessie

So tasty.

mmm, pig, indeed.

Gamplayerx

No offense, but that's pretty unattractive.  You need some other colors to balance out all that blah.

Jessie

Carroll said it looks like old people food.

It tastes SO GOOD though.  Even if it is ugly.

Gamplayerx

Quote from: Jessie on November 06, 2006, 06:25:07 PM
On this we agree!  It looks smelly, too.

Alice

Quote from: Gamplayerx on November 06, 2006, 06:25:53 PM
Quote from: Jessie on November 06, 2006, 06:25:07 PM
On this we agree!  It looks smelly, too.
Yeah, that's nursing home food.

Jessie

Bennyhana

Quote from: Alice on November 06, 2006, 01:35:54 PM
I hate killer ribs.

*buzz* *pop* *hisssssss* *click* *buzz* *pop*

Last time I smoked a rock, I ended up in the lockup in Madison, Wisconsin.  They told me I ran most of the way. 

VikingJuice

Quote from: Jessie on November 06, 2006, 06:21:26 PM
So tasty.

mmm, pig, indeed.

Despite the lack of color, I can almost smell that meal!!  It's one of my absolute favorites.  My mother used to fix that exact meal when I was a kid.  I can almost taste the kraut juice on the pork loin and having it all poured onto my taters.  YUMMY!!

Jessie

Quote from: YourMom(VJ) on November 07, 2006, 12:08:14 AM
Quote from: Jessie on November 06, 2006, 06:21:26 PM
So tasty.

mmm, pig, indeed.

Despite the lack of color, I can almost smell that meal!!  It's one of my absolute favorites.  My mother used to fix that exact meal when I was a kid.  I can almost taste the kraut juice on the pork loin and having it all poured onto my taters.  YUMMY!!
Thank you!

I'm telling you people, that meal is FULL of flavor, and yes, it smells, and....just yum.  It is so good.

Alice

Hobo piss is full of flavor, but I wouldn't drink that.

Sauerkraut = Satan's Ass Juice

JJ

Quote from: Alice on November 07, 2006, 09:20:07 AM
Hobo piss is full of flavor, but I wouldn't drink that.

Sauerkraut = Satan's Ass Juice

Most commercial sauerkrauts are really gross, but if you get the natural style wine sauerkraut, it's actually pretty tasty.

I made my own one time and it was great but I didn't fully immerse it so it didn't come out right.

Alice

Quote from: JJ on November 07, 2006, 11:20:57 AM
Most commercial sauerkrauts are really gross, but if you get the natural style wine sauerkraut, it's actually pretty tasty.
No, it's actually not. 

JJ

Quote from: Alice on November 07, 2006, 11:30:47 AM
No, it's actually not. 

OK Crustina Krautilera, *I* enjoy the product.

Alice

Quote from: JJ on November 07, 2006, 12:39:15 PM
Quote from: Alice on November 07, 2006, 11:30:47 AM
No, it's actually not. 

OK Crustina Krautilera, *I* enjoy the product.
Which is great.  Just don't ever cook it around me or I'll hork from the smell alone.

Jessie

I miss my grandma's homemade sour kraut.

dazie

I was looking for a completely different thread, and came across this topic, so I figured I'd post.

I just ordered a half pig last week, and the processors called me Friday to see how I wanted it dealt with.  I told them the same as last year, when I got a half pig.  I'm glad they keep records, cuz I can't remember wtf I ordered, but it was a good variety of steaks, chops, bacon, roasts, ham and sausage.

I now have two fridges, so I have enough freezer space for the whole (half) pig.

mmm.  Pig.

If I had a full sized deep freeze (ohhhh Saaaannnttttaaaa!) I'd get some cow.

Beefy

VikingJuice

Quote from: dazie on November 02, 2008, 08:49:53 PM
I was looking for a completely different thread, and came across this topic, so I figured I'd post.

I just ordered a half pig last week, and the processors called me Friday to see how I wanted it dealt with.  I told them the same as last year, when I got a half pig.  I'm glad they keep records, cuz I can't remember wtf I ordered, but it was a good variety of steaks, chops, bacon, roasts, ham and sausage.

I now have two fridges, so I have enough freezer space for the whole (half) pig.

mmm.  Pig.

So what time is dinner tomorrow?  Love me some cooked pig!!!!

dazie

Quote from: VikingJuice on November 02, 2008, 08:59:30 PM

mmm.  Pig.

We won't actually get the meat for another week and a half.  We evidently asked for a smoked ham, and that takes longer.

However, when we do get it, you are welcome to come up and partake. 

And it isn't Babe.  It's Arnold.

grace

Quote from: dazie on November 02, 2008, 09:02:57 PM
Quote from: VikingJuice on November 02, 2008, 08:59:30 PM

mmm.  Pig.

We won't actually get the meat for another week and a half.  We evidently asked for a smoked ham, and that takes longer.

However, when we do get it, you are welcome to come up and partake. 

And it isn't Babe.  It's Arnold.

babe or arnold...pork rib roast rocks.

Jessie

You should have gotten fresh ham.  Fresh ham breaded and fried like pork chops is one of my favorite things in this world

BigDun

16:26:25 [DownSouth] I'm in a monkey rutt

dazie

Quote from: Jessie on November 02, 2008, 11:48:53 PM
You should have gotten fresh ham.  Fresh ham breaded and fried like pork chops is one of my favorite things in this world

I got that too- the ham steaks aren't smoked.

grace

dazie

Found out today that the half hog we bought was from the biggest hog the family ever raised.  *lol*  We have so much damn pig in our freezer right now...  *lol*

[attachment deleted by admin]

dazie

Here's the rest of it.  That's ham steaks and bags of sausage, with ham hocks in the back there.

I'd say we have about 10 lbs of bacon, 12-14 of sausage, a 9lb roast, 3 2lb packages of cut up pieces for stewing, 14+ ham steaks, an 8 or 9lb smoked ham, a dozen inch thick chops, hocks, ribs, liver and heart (gross) and I don't know what all else, since I was in charge of filling one freezer and Ursus filled the other.

*swine*  er... *swoon*

:oink:

[attachment deleted by admin]

Jessie

When I get a house, I want to get a deep freeze and buy half hogs and half cows and stuff.  It's the smartest way to buy meat.

Gamplayerx

Quote from: dazie on November 21, 2008, 10:21:48 PM
Here's the rest of it.  That's ham steaks and bags of sausage, with ham hocks in the back there.

I'd say we have about 10 lbs of bacon, 12-14 of sausage, a 9lb roast, 3 2lb packages of cut up pieces for stewing, 14+ ham steaks, an 8 or 9lb smoked ham, a dozen inch thick chops, hocks, ribs, liver and heart (gross) and I don't know what all else, since I was in charge of filling one freezer and Ursus filled the other.

*swine*  er... *swoon*

:oink:
Holy crap.  That's like a lifetime supply of pig!

ReBurn

Did you mention that to the doctor the last time they were trying to diagnose your heart problems?

Infobahn

I always picture Dazie as our resident hippie vegan.

dazie

Quote from: Infobahn on November 22, 2008, 10:07:01 AM

I occasionally have twinges of "oh but it's a living creature! blah blah blah" but then I think "It's a PIG.  WTF else is it going to do with its life?"

My brother went hunting a few weeks ago and got an elk.  Sent me a picture.  I was a little grossed out, but then I sent him a note back- "Nothing says "I love you Sis!" like fresh elk steaks!"

Jessie

Quote from: ReBurn on November 22, 2008, 09:54:39 AM
Did you mention that to the doctor the last time they were trying to diagnose your heart problems?
I haven't had any since before my grandma died in 02.  :(  Poor Jessie!

And yeah, I feel guilty if I think about where my meat comes from, but then I think Mmm, ham, and realize that obviously I'm very weak willed.

Did anyone else catch the Sarah Palin interview in front of the guy killing the turkey?  That made me kind of sick to my stomach to watch, and NOT because of Sarah Palin!

Gamplayerx

Quote from: Jessie on November 22, 2008, 02:12:12 PM

And yeah, I feel guilty if I think about where my meat comes from, but then I think Mmm, ham, and realize that obviously I'm very weak willed.

Did anyone else catch the Sarah Palin interview in front of the guy killing the turkey?  That made me kind of sick to my stomach to watch, and NOT because of Sarah Palin!
I heard about it on the radio driving to work, but forgot to bother to watch it once I got there.

grace

Quote from: dazie on November 22, 2008, 11:26:19 AM

I occasionally have twinges of "oh but it's a living creature! blah blah blah" but then I think "It's a PIG.  WTF else is it going to do with its life?"

My brother went hunting a few weeks ago and got an elk.  Sent me a picture.  I was a little grossed out, but then I sent him a note back- "Nothing says "I love you Sis!" like fresh elk steaks!"

never had elk....what is it close to, in meat family?

ReBurn

Quote from: Jessie on November 22, 2008, 02:12:12 PM

What was funny about that was that she had just pardoned her turkey. Too bad for the rest I guess.

dazie

Quote from: grace on November 22, 2008, 09:18:37 PM

Venison I guess would be the closest.  Rich dark meat.

Infobahn

Quote from: dazie on November 22, 2008, 10:52:04 PM
Quote from: grace on November 22, 2008, 09:18:37 PM

Venison I guess would be the closest.  Rich dark meat.
That's what she said.