News:

What happens if you get scared half to death twice?

Main Menu

Heroes

Started by ReBurn, July 05, 2006, 07:33:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Beefy

Alice

Quote from: Beefy on November 14, 2006, 10:56:45 AM
Quote from: Alice on November 14, 2006, 10:40:57 AM
Do you guys read the graphic novels?

Shockingly, no.
You need to start.  It's side stories - not just a graphic version of the episodes on TV.

Bishamonten

Quote from: eo000 on November 14, 2006, 10:55:03 AM
Quote from: Bishamonten on November 14, 2006, 10:53:25 AM
Quote from: swolt on November 14, 2006, 10:42:45 AM
I thought it was because he doesn't want anyone to be able to stop him. He realizes he was one of the first to understand and control his power and he wants the others dead before they become more powerful.

Next week I think Peter is going to find the cheerleader and he will get hurt badly somehow, but because he is near her he will heal quickly like she does, only a single scar will remain.

Have they ever shown anything like that?

Wasn't the fire fighter she saved in bad condition?

And that nerdy kid she hangs around w/ is still suffering from the disease of being gay.
they've showed that he can mimmick powers. flying near his brother, painting near isaac. being active when hiro stops time.

That never even occurred to me.

swolt

Quote from: Bishamonten on November 14, 2006, 11:07:23 AM
Quote from: eo000 on November 14, 2006, 10:55:03 AM
Quote from: Bishamonten on November 14, 2006, 10:53:25 AM
Quote from: swolt on November 14, 2006, 10:42:45 AM
I thought it was because he doesn't want anyone to be able to stop him. He realizes he was one of the first to understand and control his power and he wants the others dead before they become more powerful.

Next week I think Peter is going to find the cheerleader and he will get hurt badly somehow, but because he is near her he will heal quickly like she does, only a single scar will remain.

Have they ever shown anything like that?

Wasn't the fire fighter she saved in bad condition?

And that nerdy kid she hangs around w/ is still suffering from the disease of being gay.
they've showed that he can mimmick powers. flying near his brother, painting near isaac. being active when hiro stops time.

That never even occurred to me.

nor my roommate. I explained it to him and he agrees with me now
A clever man commits no minor blunders.

Alice

Awesome.  That got more gruesome than I would have imagined.

I :heart: Peter.  He's like the Lloyd Dobbler of Heroes.  *sigh*

ReBurn

Quote from: Alice on November 20, 2006, 10:05:11 PM

As usual I'm left wanting more.
11:42:24 [Gamplayerx] I keep getting knocked up.
11:42:28 [Gamplayerx] Er. OUT!

Gamplayerx

Quote from: Alice on November 20, 2006, 10:05:11 PM

alice loves the emo guy!

So, do we think the brain stealer is someone we already know or somebody new?

ReBurn

I thought the brain stealer guy was the cheerleader's dad all along.  But it appears that I was mistaken.

swolt

I thought when Sylar got near Peter Peter would get his powers and they would have an epic fight.

Instead, they fell down.

LAME!

eo000

ReBurn

Quote from: swolt on November 20, 2006, 10:32:13 PM
I thought when Sylar got near Peter Peter would get his powers and they would have an epic fight.

Instead, they fell down.

LAME!
But he did get gnarly busted up, though!  The whole cops thing sucks, though.

eo000

Quote from: ReBurn on November 20, 2006, 10:35:43 PM

Instead, they fell down.

LAME!
But he did get gnarly busted up, though!  The whole cops thing sucks, though.
helps set him up a meeting with DL.

Alice

Instead, they fell down.

LAME!
I'm not so sure brain stealer is Sylar... Sylar's MO keeps changing... but this dude keeps killing people in the same way.  I could be wrong though.

DownSouth

Quote from: Alice on November 21, 2006, 12:35:53 AM

Instead, they fell down.

LAME!
I'm not so sure brain stealer is Sylar... Sylar's MO keeps changing... but this dude keeps killing people in the same way.  I could be wrong though.
In the preview he said he was Syler.  Not that it really matters though.  I thought Peter would steal his powers too.  I don't get that.
16:15:43 [Gamplayerx] Juneau, I could really go for some pie. You better Belize it!

Alice

Quote from: DownSouth on November 21, 2006, 09:22:32 AM

Instead, they fell down.

LAME!
In the preview he said he was Syler.  Not that it really matters though.  I thought Peter would steal his powers too.  I don't get that.
He could... I just don't think he really wants to cut open people's heads.

If that's Sylar than who is doing all those crazy killings?  Or does he just kill heroes by slicing open their heads?

DownSouth

Quote from: Alice on November 21, 2006, 09:26:28 AM

Instead, they fell down.

LAME!

If that's Sylar than who is doing all those crazy killings?  Or does he just kill heroes by slicing open their heads?
I was wondering about if he cut the girls head off wouldn't it grow back?  I'm really torn about her dad.  I feel bad for him one second and then he seems evil the next.  I'm not getting into the Ali Larter character much.
16:15:43 [Gamplayerx] Juneau, I could really go for some pie. You better Belize it!

eo000

Quote from: DownSouth on November 21, 2006, 09:40:02 AM

Instead, they fell down.

LAME!

I was wondering about if he cut the girls head off wouldn't it grow back?  I'm really torn about her dad.  I feel bad for him one second and then he seems evil the next.  I'm not getting into the Ali Larter character much.

I don't think so. i think the brain is the key to the extra powers. remember when she had the stick in her brain? she didn't regen until it was gone.

swolt

Instead, they fell down.

LAME!

I can't get into Ali Larter either, but I'm trying!

I think Sylar is behind the crazy killings and the slicing open of the heads. I think he is eating the brains. yummmm, brains...

Sylar's powers is that he's a zombie.

ReBurn

Quote from: swolt on November 21, 2006, 10:35:56 AM

Instead, they fell down.

LAME!

I can't get into Ali Larter either, but I'm trying!

I think Sylar is behind the crazy killings and the slicing open of the heads. I think he is eating the brains. yummmm, brains...

Sylar's powers is that he's a zombie.
He moves way too fast to be a zombie.  And his fine motor skills are too good.  Haven't you seen Dawn of the Dead? Or played Dead Rising?

eo000

Okay, Eden has the power of suggestion, right? why didn't she make mohinder stay and continue his research?

Beefy

Quote from: eo000 on November 27, 2006, 09:06:46 AM
Okay, Eden has the power of suggestion, right? why didn't she make mohinder stay and continue his research?

She may have been instructed not to.  Or she may have felt it was unnecessary, that Mohinder would come back to it naturally.  Perhaps those people lurking in the shadows are hoping Mohinder discovers something that his father kept hidden or was on the verge of discovering.

On the other hand, I already overthink Lost and probably shouldn't overthink Heroes.

I wonder if any of the online material, like the graphic novels and blogs(?), help flesh this stuff out.

eo000

Quote from: Beefy on November 27, 2006, 09:27:17 AM
Quote from: eo000 on November 27, 2006, 09:06:46 AM

She may have been instructed not to.  Or she may have felt it was unnecessary, that Mohinder would come back to it naturally.  Perhaps those people lurking in the shadows are hoping Mohinder discovers something that his father kept hidden or was on the verge of discovering.

On the other hand, I already overthink Lost and probably shouldn't overthink Heroes.

I wonder if any of the online material, like the graphic novels and blogs(?), help flesh this stuff out.
the novels give a lot more background. hiro's blog, not so much, but it's still kinda funny. he writes himself like a final fantasy character at times.

Alice

I'm going to miss this tonight.   Going to the Dane Cook MSG "movie".  But I'll watch it online tommorrow.

ReBurn

I'm looking forward to tonight's episode.  Pretty much everything that the series was building up to happened last week, so it feels to me like we're in completely uncharted territory now.

dazie

Quote from: ReBurn on November 27, 2006, 01:41:38 PM
I'm looking forward to tonight's episode.  Pretty much everything that the series was building up to happened last week, so it feels to me like we're in completely uncharted territory now.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kSLzJXCEt0U
"Pinky, are you pondering what I'm pondering?"
I think so, Brain, but how will we get the Spice Girls into the paella?