News:

Laughter is like changing a baby's diaper. It doesn't permanently solve any problems, but it makes thing more acceptable for awhile.

Main Menu

Albums I heard lately...

Started by Listener, September 12, 2006, 08:37:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Listener

Fiona Apple, Extraordinary Machine
Interesting.  Lots of different styles.  $7 (out of $10).

Rufus Wainwright, Poses
I like his voice and his style, but I couldn't really differentiate the songs.  $5.

Cute is What We Aim For, Same Old Blood Rush With A New Touch
Pretty standard emo-pop-punk-rock, but there were a couple of songs better than the average emo-pop-punk-rock song.  I especially like Track 5.  $7.

Say Hi To Your Mom, Impeccable Blahs
Sounds like someone took a synthesizer into his basement and cranked out 10 tracks.  $2.

Back to the 80s: The Long Versions
Not really worth the money or time, if you've heard all these songs before.  $4.

Gym Class Heroes, The Papercut Chronicles
Kind of like emo-rap.  I enjoyed listening to it, though.  $7.

ReBurn

My daughter got that stupid Crazy Frog album for her birthday in August.  First chance I get that thing's getting snapped in two.
11:42:24 [Gamplayerx] I keep getting knocked up.
11:42:28 [Gamplayerx] Er. OUT!

Mr. Ubiquity

ok im going to feign ignorance ( well maybe i wont need to try as hard as i thought) but what the hell is thos emo term people use.  ive seen int in my space, youtube and now here.

"if I wank to it, will u feel disgusted or flattered or a perverse combo of both?"

Alice

Quote from: Mr. Ubiquity on September 12, 2006, 01:13:01 PM
ok im going to feign ignorance ( well maybe i wont need to try as hard as i thought) but what the hell is thos emo term people use.  ive seen int in my space, youtube and now here.

Emo = emotional.  It's those songs by male singers that are all whiney and girly.

Beefy

Quote from: Alice on September 12, 2006, 01:39:50 PM
Quote from: Mr. Ubiquity on September 12, 2006, 01:13:01 PM

Emo = emotional.  It's those songs by male singers that are all whiney and girly.

Your hair is everywhere... screaming infidelities....

Seriously, it's an overdone genre and and overused term.

eo000

Quote from: ReBurn on September 12, 2006, 08:54:15 AM
My daughter got that stupid Crazy Frog album for her birthday in August.  First chance I get that thing's getting snapped in two.
bbbbrrrriiiinnnngggg, ding, ding, ding, ding.

Mr. Ubiquity

two very good albums recently bought:

Toby Lightman - Bird on a Wire.   

Johnny Cash -- American V: A Hundred Highways.    I HIGHLY recommend listening or Ituning God will cut you down and Im free of this chain gang now.
"if I wank to it, will u feel disgusted or flattered or a perverse combo of both?"

dazie

Quote from: Mr. Ubiquity on September 13, 2006, 09:21:13 AM
two very good albums recently bought:

Toby Lightman - Bird on a Wire.   

Johnny Cash -- American V: A Hundred Highways.    I HIGHLY recommend listening or Ituning God will cut you down and Im free of this chain gang now.

2nd.

Didn't you dump those already?
"Pinky, are you pondering what I'm pondering?"
I think so, Brain, but how will we get the Spice Girls into the paella?

Mr. Ubiquity

nope, i hadn't.

Atleast not musically..