News:

Incontinence Hotline ... Can you hold, please?

Main Menu

I'm about to watch Elektra

Started by Beef, April 06, 2005, 08:41:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Beefy

And I'm prepared for maximum sucktitude.

ignom

Underneath this flabby exterior is an enormous lack of character.

Bishamonten

ursus

I was just wondering...

Bishamonten

Quote from: ursus on April 06, 2005, 10:47:39 PM
Jennifer Garner... :drool:

I on the issue of if Jennifer Garner is hot or not, I'm going to have to vote Neigh.

Jessie

Quote from: Bishamonten on April 06, 2005, 11:39:04 PM
Quote from: ursus on April 06, 2005, 10:47:39 PM
Jennifer Garner... :drool:

I on the issue of if Jennifer Garner is hot or not, I'm going to have to vote Neigh.

Uh, I was going to make a horse joke (naaayy, or whatever) but when I GISed horse face, I came up with these two beauties:

http://freespace.virgin.net/smalltop.circus/horse_face.jpg  I'll just linky this one, because it is ginormous.
we should have kept the quote pyramid up to rape Jessie in the face.

Gamplayerx

The preponderance of huge pictures on the interweb is amazing. 

eo000

ReBurn

11:42:24 [Gamplayerx] I keep getting knocked up.
11:42:28 [Gamplayerx] Er. OUT!

Beefy

Not as bad as I thought it would be, but still not good.

Garner is never believable, though she tries.  She clearly trained a lot for the role.

I want to know what low Terence Stamp has reached in his life to appear in that movie.

The film repeatedly tries to become a live action Ninja Scroll, which is weird (Bish will get the reference).

The film completely undermined the weight of who Elektra is supposed to be with a dumb narrative stunt.  That's lazy writing.  Hollywood needs to learn that gimmick scripts and 'clever' twists are usually nothing more than a writer covering up for a lack of direction in their story.

Bishamonten

Quote from: Beef on April 07, 2005, 10:31:43 AM
Not as bad as I thought it would be, but still not good.

Garner is never believable, though she tries.  She clearly trained a lot for the role.

I want to know what low Terence Stamp has reached in his life to appear in that movie.

The film repeatedly tries to become a live action Ninja Scroll, which is weird (Bish will get the reference).

The film completely undermined the weight of who Elektra is supposed to be with a dumb narrative stunt.  That's lazy writing.  Hollywood needs to learn that gimmick scripts and 'clever' twists are usually nothing more than a writer covering up for a lack of direction in their story.

That's one of the things I thought when I saw the trailer for this hunk of crap.  Repeated use of various super powered martial artists and Ninjas galore == Ninja Scroll.

Garner is just a terrible choice for the role of Elektra and apparently, NOBODY seems to read the material before hand to see what elektra was about.  The whole thread from Daredevil of her "daddy's little good girl who just happens to be trained in deadly arts" was just fucking ridiculous.  In my perfect world a capable director would make Elektra: Assassin with this as Elektra.

Beefy

cnamon

eo000

:)

[attachment deleted by admin]

Beefy

Yeah, she's closer.

Another good choice:

DownSouth

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
16:15:43 [Gamplayerx] Juneau, I could really go for some pie. You better Belize it!

cnamon

eo, you have just disappointed me.  I thought you would have at least 1 person dressed as a red x in your cosplay file.

YOU MAKE DOTTIE CRY :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'(

eo000

Quote from: cnamon on April 07, 2005, 11:51:43 AM
eo, you have just disappointed me.  I thought you would have at least 1 person dressed as a red x in your cosplay file.

ReBurn

Quote from: eo000 on April 07, 2005, 12:07:11 PM
Quote from: cnamon on April 07, 2005, 11:51:43 AM

Awesome!  +1
11:42:24 [Gamplayerx] I keep getting knocked up.
11:42:28 [Gamplayerx] Er. OUT!