News:

40,000th post goes to Gamp!  Happy birthday!

Main Menu

Oil Tank

Started by Gamplayerx, August 09, 2006, 08:05:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gamplayerx

We have oil heat and a big, unattractive oil tank in the basement.  Yesterday, a wet spot appeared on the floor under the tank.  At first, I though Ping had peed there (because she likes to pee where she has no business peeing - stupid cat), but, unfortunately, it's become clear that the oil tank is leaking.  I have no idea what to do about this and we're about to go out of town.  Anybody have any experience with this?  I mean, who do I call?  Do I look up oil tank leak repair in the yellow pages? 

dazie

Call a fuel oil company.  But until then, I'd recommend putting down kitty litter there.
"Pinky, are you pondering what I'm pondering?"
I think so, Brain, but how will we get the Spice Girls into the paella?

Gamplayerx

We only have the clumping kind.  Good idea, though.  I'll buy some regular old-fashioned kitty litter tomorrow.  We did put a bowl under the leak.

BigDun

16:26:25 [DownSouth] I'm in a monkey rutt

dc

Light a match and see if it'll burn to make sure it is oil.

sapphirehart

What is the status of your oil leak?

Beefy

Quote from: dc on August 09, 2006, 09:03:04 PM
Light a match and see if it'll burn to make sure it is oil.

hahahaha

Gamplayerx

Still leaking.  I didn't get a chance to buy any non-clumping kitty litter.  Grumpus put a bowl under it.  We're going out of town for three days, we'll see what happens. 

It will really suck if we get home and all 200 gallons of oil have spilled out into our basement.

BigDun

Quote from: Gamplayerx on August 11, 2006, 06:07:58 PM
Still leaking.  I didn't get a chance to buy any non-clumping kitty litter.  Grumpus put a bowl under it.  We're going out of town for three days, we'll see what happens. 

It will really suck if we get home and all 200 gallons of oil have spilled out into our basement.

If that happens, call BP. I hear they are in the market for alternative oil sources.
16:26:25 [DownSouth] I'm in a monkey rutt

Gamplayerx

It didn't happen.  It's still leaking, but really really slowly.

ReBurn

Perhaps it's time for a new heat pump.
11:42:24 [Gamplayerx] I keep getting knocked up.
11:42:28 [Gamplayerx] Er. OUT!

Gamplayerx

Heat pump?  Ick. 

I need to get the oil company out to fix it.  They need to service the burner, anyway.

ReBurn

Quote from: Gamplayerx on August 15, 2006, 08:45:37 PM
Heat pump?  Ick. 

I need to get the oil company out to fix it.  They need to service the burner, anyway.
Grog only heats with fire.
11:42:24 [Gamplayerx] I keep getting knocked up.
11:42:28 [Gamplayerx] Er. OUT!

Gamplayerx

Quote from: ReBurn on August 15, 2006, 08:46:36 PM
Quote from: Gamplayerx on August 15, 2006, 08:45:37 PM
Heat pump?  Ick. 

Grog only heats with fire.
Bertha only does the Butt Boogie.