News:

ever clean urine and wet dreams out of a t-rex's mouth

Main Menu

Audio Renaissance Audio Books

Started by Bishamonten, July 13, 2006, 08:27:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bishamonten

I listened to Ender's Game, Ender's Shadow and Shadow of the Giant in audiobook format by the group Audio Renaissance and they were fucking AMAZING.  The class of production they put into them was phenomenal!  They set the bar too high for other audiobooks, in fact. 

Nishi, have you ever heard of these guys?

dc

I've heard of them.  They're one of the little guys who are getting the titles now that the major publishers have given up to some extent.  They do good work.

Bishamonten

Quote from: dc on July 13, 2006, 08:37:21 PM
I've heard of them.  They're one of the little guys who are getting the titles now that the major publishers have given up to some extent.  They do good work.

If you're a fan of the Ender series of books, it's well worth picking up the audio book( local libraries seem to be carrying them ) versions of Ender's Game and Ender's Shadow.  They're a bit different than most audio books.  Since Orson Scott Card tends to use one narrative voice per chapter, they've made it so each "voice" has it's own voice.  The cast of voice actors are top notch. 

nishi

yes - and the quality of their books is very consistent. they are one of the most reliable audio publishers in terms of quality, and their books are excellent.

the other audio publisher that i like the best - but that you'll have to go to your library for or to their website for rental or download, is recorded books, inc.  they were the first in the business, and their narrators are among the best. they usually record both first and second tier titles.

there are some british publishers that do equally great work - although naxos is the only one i can thing of off the top of my head.
"we left the motherland to settle a colony on Juntoo.  hats with belt buckles."
-catchr

<- this is a prankapple.

Bishamonten

Quote from: nishi on July 14, 2006, 07:32:35 AM
yes - and the quality of their books is very consistent. they are one of the most reliable audio publishers in terms of quality, and their books are excellent.

the other audio publisher that i like the best - but that you'll have to go to your library for or to their website for rental or download, is recorded books, inc.  they were the first in the business, and their narrators are among the best. they usually record both first and second tier titles.

there are some british publishers that do equally great work - although naxos is the only one i can thing of off the top of my head.

I would love to find more audio books done by Audio Renaissance.  The main reader for Ender's Game is, I believe, Stefan Rudnicki.  I can't be sure since it has a couple of readers, but if it is Rudnicki, he does a fan-fucking-tastic job. 

nishi

stephan is a great narrator. he also works for some other companies and used to have his own production company - i think they also specialized in multi-voice recordings. he's got a lot of recordings out there.

i think that audible.com sometimes carries audio renaissance titles. or they used to - i have trouble keeping up with their current list of contracts.
-catchr

<- this is a prankapple.

Bishamonten

Quote from: nishi on July 14, 2006, 09:03:55 AM
I have trouble keeping up with their current list of contracts.

What do I pay you for!?!

You'd better be having trouble due to an obsession with House and Deadwood, young lady!

nishi

Quote from: Bishamonten on July 14, 2006, 09:17:56 AM

What do I pay you for!?!

You'd better be having trouble due to an obsession with House and Deadwood, young lady!

not only am *i* obsessed with deadwood, i have pulled the reverend al green/bettimon and her fiance (and hopefully soon-to-be junto member) into my obsession!
-catchr

<- this is a prankapple.

Bishamonten

Quote from: nishi on July 14, 2006, 09:41:31 AM
Quote from: Bishamonten on July 14, 2006, 09:17:56 AM

What do I pay you for!?!

not only am *i* obsessed with deadwood, i have pulled the reverend al green/bettimon and her fiance (and hopefully soon-to-be junto member) into my obsession!

Loopy Cunt!