News:

I went to the general store.  They wouldn't let me buy anything specific.

Main Menu

a mouse in my house

Started by sapphirehart, July 03, 2006, 07:16:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sapphirehart

I had a family of mice living in my kitchen under my stove.  I managed to catch three babies and the mommy (I'm assuming) with glue traps but damnit the big fat daddy mouse keeps jumping over the damn glue traps and taunting me.  Really, he would climb out from the under one of the burners on top of the stove, turn towards me as I sat at the computer in the next room and wiggle his little mouse nose in my direction.  Well!  I've finally had enough.  It took going to five different stores but I finally found a good old fashioned snap type mouse trap.  I baited it with peanut butter and slid it behind the bottom drawer of my stove.  I'm going to get that damn mouse if I have to burn my house down to do it!  He has chewed into his last loaf of bread.  Now, I sit and wait. 

More details to follow.

sapphirehart

Oh and my cat? She's useless.

Gamplayerx

SockmonkeyHolocaust

Quote from: sapphirehart on July 03, 2006, 07:17:45 PM

That reminds me of the time I walked into the kitchen and saw a squirrel hanging out on the counter. My roommate's pitbull was sleeping soundly on the couch a scant 10' away. I was so pissed. I am sure if it was a small child it would have been mauled and done with but I found that squirrel in my kitchen two more times before I fixed the hole it was coming through.

dazie

Quote from: sapphirehart on July 03, 2006, 07:17:45 PM

I hear you sister.  I have two useless cats AND two useless dogs. 
"Pinky, are you pondering what I'm pondering?"
I think so, Brain, but how will we get the Spice Girls into the paella?

sapphirehart

it's been almost three hours and that damn mouse hasn't even poked his head out to see what is up....he's a smart little fucker but I'll get him.  Count on it.

ReBurn

Just don't poison them.  I had mice in my shed and I put out poison, then one of them died under the floor somewhere.  Smelled awful for a long time.
11:42:24 [Gamplayerx] I keep getting knocked up.
11:42:28 [Gamplayerx] Er. OUT!

Listener

Quote from: ReBurn on July 05, 2006, 08:13:29 AM
Just don't poison them.  I had mice in my shed and I put out poison, then one of them died under the floor somewhere.  Smelled awful for a long time.

Seconded.  We had a mouse or something in the attic, put up a trap, and the trap caught and killed the rodent.  Our upstairs hallway was funky for a week.

Alice

Quote from: Listener on July 05, 2006, 08:14:39 AM
Quote from: ReBurn on July 05, 2006, 08:13:29 AM

Seconded.  We had a mouse or something in the attic, put up a trap, and the trap caught and killed the rodent.  Our upstairs hallway was funky for a week.
Did you go up to the attic and throw out the trap?

sapphirehart

Still no mouse in the trap. Damnit.

dazie

Quote from: sapphirehart on July 05, 2006, 09:23:35 AM

Is the peanut butter still there?

Alice

Just call him Big Ben and get it over with.

eo000

Quote from: dazie on July 05, 2006, 09:27:35 AM

looks like terry got his hands, or su-in on the peanutbutter.

sapphirehart

Quote from: dazie on July 05, 2006, 09:27:35 AM

yes, apparently he doesn't like peanut butter...I think tonight I'll try some cheese.

Beefy

I sure hope he isn't trying to save Nimh.

Alice

Quote from: SpaceBeefy on July 05, 2006, 11:07:35 AM
Oh god... that actually made me sad for a second.  :(

dazie

Quote from: Alice on July 05, 2006, 11:13:45 AM
Quote from: SpaceBeefy on July 05, 2006, 11:07:35 AM
Oh god... that actually made me sad for a second.  :(

nerd.

Alice

BigDun

Did you ever catch the mouse?
16:26:25 [DownSouth] I'm in a monkey rutt

sapphirehart

Quote from: BigDun on March 10, 2007, 05:27:29 PM

OMG...we have caught at least seven in the traps that I bought a few weeks ago and set in the pantry.  I didn't realize we had that many.  What is my stupid cat good for?

Beefy

Quote from: sapphirehart on March 10, 2007, 06:14:08 PM
Quote from: BigDun on March 10, 2007, 05:27:29 PM

OMG...we have caught at least seven in the traps that I bought a few weeks ago and set in the pantry.  I didn't realize we had that many.  What is my stupid cat good for?

Eating lasagna?

Gamplayerx

I really think that we need to make these cats sign contracts.  In exchange for room, board, belly rubs and endless hours of playing fetch, they have to catch and completely dispose of all rodents and insects.  Completely dispose of.  No leaving random limbs strewn about.

Alice

But cats are your masters, not the other way around. 

Gamplayerx

Jessie

My brother had mice a couple of years ago, when T and I were staying there when we were preparing to move to GA.  We thought there were one or two, but when we put out traps, we caught A LOT.  Those bastards all look alike!
we should have kept the quote pyramid up to rape Jessie in the face.