News:

9/8/05: 6 months, 75,000 posts! Thanks to Nishi for the post!

Main Menu

CAKE TACOS!

Started by Alice, May 11, 2006, 10:09:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Alice

Mmmm.... taco paste.  :drool:

Alice

Quote from: nishi on May 11, 2006, 11:13:54 PM
obviously, we have developed an entirely new line of desserts and must find a marketing concept immediately.
I agree entirely.  It's so silly that I'm soooo excited to make these.  Yes, it will probably get me nowhere, but I'm excited anyway.

FalloutBoy and I already decided on the name of my bakery, "Leeny's Sugarhigh Emporium of Doom".

WileE

Push it over the top.

A base of ice cream. 

;D
Snakes on a mutha-f%$#in' plane!!!

"The Temple of Syrnix is havin' the bake sale of the year."

Alice

Quote from: WileE on May 11, 2006, 11:17:22 PM
Push it over the top.

A base of ice cream. 

;D
Yeah, I had thought about that too!  You could have that for the frozen cake tacos, OR, have the normal cake tacos warmed up a bit with some hot fudge or caramel on the top.

nishi

you could also use corn tortillas, and lightly salt them, especially if you're using a chocolate filling with a caramel sauce. the frozen custard place near me has a parfait that's vanilla custard mixed with chocolate, caramel sauce, and chopped up pretzels. totally fantastic.
"we left the motherland to settle a colony on Juntoo.  hats with belt buckles."
-catchr

<- this is a prankapple.

eo000

I had tacos and cake for dinner last night, but not cake tacos. :D

Beefy

My arteries clogged while reading this thread.

Jessie

we should have kept the quote pyramid up to rape Jessie in the face.

Gamplayerx

I've decided that you should do a version where you use pie crust instead of taco, but have it still be taco shaped.  And then fresh fruit and berries and whipped cream.

And you should get a taco rack so you don't have to hold up one half of your taco while you're frying it. 

ReBurn

Quote from: Gamplayerx on May 12, 2006, 09:27:25 AM
And you should get a taco rack so you don't have to hold up one half of your taco while you're frying it. 
And you should post pictures of your rack, because we'd really like to see some.
11:42:24 [Gamplayerx] I keep getting knocked up.
11:42:28 [Gamplayerx] Er. OUT!

dazie

Quote from: Gamplayerx on May 12, 2006, 09:27:25 AM
I've decided that you should do a version where you use pie crust instead of taco 

oo- good idea.  Or a waffle cone.
"Pinky, are you pondering what I'm pondering?"
I think so, Brain, but how will we get the Spice Girls into the paella?

SockmonkeyHolocaust

I think you should do a version of cake taco where it gets served to me on a naked Rose McGowan.

nishi

better than on a naked shane mcgowan.
"we left the motherland to settle a colony on Juntoo.  hats with belt buckles."
-catchr

<- this is a prankapple.

Listener

Quote from: WileE on May 11, 2006, 10:25:30 PM
Trust me, from what you have described, it will definately work.  I would suggest mascerating the fruit....that would be the tastiest. 

Maybe I will make these for the next poker night.  :)

If you don't macerate it, it's a lot harder to swallow.

Jessie

Quote from: Listener on May 12, 2006, 10:59:14 AM
Trust me, from what you have described, it will definately work.  I would suggest mascerating the fruit....that would be the tastiest. 

Masticate it.
we should have kept the quote pyramid up to rape Jessie in the face.

Listener

Quote from: Jessie on May 12, 2006, 11:00:34 AM

Masticate it.

D'oh.  My bad.

dazie

Masticate it.

That's what I always tell Ursus.  "Masticate the strawberries and I'll make some shortcakes later"  YES- I know the word is macerate.  But it's funnier when I say masticate.

Beefy

Masticate it.

Mom says if I don't stop I'll go blind.

Alice

P.S.  We are so excited about making these, we are making them tonight instead of tomorrow.

Alice

Cake Tacos have been made.  We gave them to 4 of our friends.  3 of them rated it a 9 out of 10, one of them rated it an 8 out of 10.  She said if the shells were a bit crispier, she would have given it a 9.  Also, one of them said "I give it a 9 out of 10.  It's not the best dessert I've ever had, but it's damn good!"

Pictures will be coming in the next day or so.

Also, we added fried bananas to the bottom & a side of raspberry "salsa".  Basically raspberry filling for dipping.

Beefy

Now... fried bananas sound GOOD.

Bishamonten

I dunno, it sounds like a ridiculous amount of sugar.  Usually I can only get through two bites of something so sugary before I can't eat anymore.  It's an interesting idea though.

Alice

Quote from: Bishamonten on May 12, 2006, 11:11:58 PM
I dunno, it sounds like a ridiculous amount of sugar.  Usually I can only get through two bites of something so sugary before I can't eat anymore.  It's an interesting idea though.
Hahahaha!  I had 3 bites and gave the rest of mine away.  Everyone else we gave one to ate the whole thing.  One girl even took the left over filling (faux-beef) home.

Alice

dazie