News:

Two rules to success in life: 1. Don't tell people everything you know.

Main Menu

Online Grocery Shopping

Started by Gamplayerx, April 02, 2006, 09:39:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gamplayerx

Has finally come to my area and I just did my grocery shopping online. If they actually deliver it when they say they will, this is AWESOME!  I wonder if I'll get paper or plastic.

Anybody have any experience with this?

Beefy

cnamon

I love it. 

It comes in plastic bags (if you did peapod).  They are pretty good about delivering on time.  They were only late once, and they called and told me that there was a delay.

Infobahn

I did it in Minneapolis.  I think the only thing I didn't like was the produce, some of the things they brought I would never have selected.  While things are brought in coolers, they can't be left for too long outside, and if you have to wait around - why not go to the store.  It was useful when we couldn't go to the store because of Andy's health.

Gamplayerx

It's not peapod, that's not in my neighborhood yet.  It's Safeway.

SockmonkeyHolocaust

I like shopping too much to want to give it up, but a friend of mine does it fairly regularly. She lives a few blocks up from the Reading Terminal Market where she can get it all super cheap, but hey, different strokes.

Miss Molly

I've always enjoyed grocery shopping.  It's sort of zen for me.  I like to go down each and every single aisle, to make sure I don't miss anything I need, but it's also a good way to find new things to try. 

Of course, this also makes for over $100 of groceries every trip.

Gamplayerx

I hate, hate, hate grocery shopping.

DownSouth

16:15:43 [Gamplayerx] Juneau, I could really go for some pie. You better Belize it!

Gamplayerx

Quote from: DownSouth on April 02, 2006, 05:54:45 PM
Quote from: Gamplayerx on April 02, 2006, 05:24:50 PM
I hate, hate, hate grocery shopping.
Kitwilly misses you.
Well, if you'd let him out of your trunk.  Share the love, DS.  Share the Kitwilly love.

Jessie

Quote from: Miss Molly on April 02, 2006, 04:10:45 PM
I've always enjoyed grocery shopping.  It's sort of zen for me.  I like to go down each and every single aisle, to make sure I don't miss anything I need, but it's also a good way to find new things to try. 

Of course, this also makes for over $100 of groceries every trip.
Me too.
we should have kept the quote pyramid up to rape Jessie in the face.

ReBurn

Online grocery shopping will turn you into a couch.
11:42:24 [Gamplayerx] I keep getting knocked up.
11:42:28 [Gamplayerx] Er. OUT!

pumpkineye

Quote from: ReBurn on April 02, 2006, 11:00:43 PM

I'm glad you didn't say "couch potato" because I never got why it's a potato.  not like, a couch pig.. or sloth... or manatee...

lump.

ReBurn

Quote from: pumpkineye on April 02, 2006, 11:07:38 PM

I'm glad you didn't say "couch potato" because I never got why it's a potato.  not like, a couch pig.. or sloth... or manatee...

lump.
It should be "couch Jabba the Hutt."  Because people just don't say that enough.

pumpkineye

Quote from: ReBurn on April 02, 2006, 11:09:51 PM

lump.
It should be "couch Jabba the Hutt."  Because people just don't say that enough.
cause it's spelled too closely to butt.
Bish says it like "Jabbin the Butt"

man i'm so glad i don't have that whole juvinile sense of humor thing or jessie would not enjoy me one bit.

ReBurn

Quote from: pumpkineye on April 02, 2006, 11:15:24 PM
Quote from: ReBurn on April 02, 2006, 11:09:51 PM

lump.
cause it's spelled too closely to butt.
Bish says it like "Jabbin the Butt"

man i'm so glad i don't have that whole juvinile sense of humor thing or jessie would not enjoy me one bit.
Yeah.  She's way uptight like that.

Gamplayerx

I'm already a couch. 

The groceries are supposed to be here between 10 and 12 today. 

cnamon

I have never used Safeway delivery, but we have for work...they are pretty good, too.

I always spend about $100 grocery shopping.  I go every two weeks.  Usually, I buy enough to last 3 weeks just in case I can't make it to the commissary during the weekend.

Gamplayerx

Quote from: cnamon on April 03, 2006, 08:17:08 AM
I have never used Safeway delivery, but we have for work...they are pretty good, too.

I always spend about $100 grocery shopping.  I go every two weeks.  Usually, I buy enough to last 3 weeks just in case I can't make it to the commissary during the weekend.
$100 for two weeks?  I spend about $300 every week.

cnamon

Quote from: Gamplayerx on April 03, 2006, 10:02:53 AM

Yep.  We go to the commissary, so it is cheaper.  We get chicken breasts for about $3 where it costs $6 at Safeway.

If we are running really low on groceries, we spend about $150.  I think that is the most we have spent since we moved in our house.

Beefy

Quote from: cnamon on April 03, 2006, 10:05:40 AM

Yep.  We go to the commissary, so it is cheaper.  We get chicken breasts for about $3 where it costs $6 at Safeway.

If we are running really low on groceries, we spend about $150.  I think that is the most we have spent since we moved in our house.

Also, Cn cooks.  Buying those pre-prepared meals tends to cost more, at least around here.

Alice

I spend $40 every two weeks for groceries.  My mom yelled at me when she found that out.  :D

Gamplayerx

Quote from: Beefy on April 03, 2006, 10:06:46 AM
Quote from: cnamon on April 03, 2006, 10:05:40 AM

Also, Cn cooks.  Buying those pre-prepared meals tends to cost more, at least around here.
I like the pre-prepared meals.  But the bulk of the dough goes to produce, deli, soda and juice.

Beefy

DownSouth

16:15:43 [Gamplayerx] Juneau, I could really go for some pie. You better Belize it!