News:

04/12/07 - Congrats to dots for snatching the real 200,000th post! Riding on her coattails, I guess we can spare some kudos to Jessie for the less real 200,000th post.

Main Menu

What would you recommend?

Started by Miss Molly, February 22, 2006, 07:57:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Miss Molly

I have this Brazillian mask that I bought from a junk store.  It had feathers at the top, some of which were hideous, unnatural colors.  So I bought feathers that go with the mask, and stripped the ugly ones off. 

Now I just need to attach the new ones, but I'm not sure what kind of adhesive to use.  There is some bare wood, and some old-feather bits that i couldn't strip off.  What kind of adhesive would you recommend to attach feathers to wood and downy bits?

pumpkineye

Miss Molly

Here is the mask:

Here is a closeup of the area in question.  You see the bare wood, and the feather bits. 

Miss Molly

Quote from: pumpkineye on February 22, 2006, 08:03:37 PM
i imagine super glue would work.

Wouldn't that harden and turn white though?  And ruin the feathers (only a concern for the very front/bottom row).

pumpkineye

test it with a feather that will be hidden

pumpkineye

thats like, the only thing I can think of.... hot glue always seems to come off... might work though

Gamplayerx

ReBurn

11:42:24 [Gamplayerx] I keep getting knocked up.
11:42:28 [Gamplayerx] Er. OUT!

sapphirehart

What are you going to do with the mask?

DownSouth

16:15:43 [Gamplayerx] Juneau, I could really go for some pie. You better Belize it!

Jessie

we should have kept the quote pyramid up to rape Jessie in the face.

Alice

Miss Molly

Quote from: sapphirehart on February 23, 2006, 09:52:28 AM

Use it in a ritualistic killi..

Hang it on the wall?

Jessie

Quote from: Miss Molly on February 23, 2006, 12:17:34 PM

Hang it on the wall?

That made me snort.
we should have kept the quote pyramid up to rape Jessie in the face.

sapphirehart

Quote from: Miss Molly on February 23, 2006, 12:17:34 PM

Hang it on the wall?

Aaahhhh......interesting information.

Miss Molly

cnamon

is there any way you can drill itty bitty holes in it and sew them on with white or clear thread?

Alice

Quote from: cnamon on February 23, 2006, 02:58:24 PM
is there any way you can drill itty bitty holes in it and sew them on with white or clear thread?
That would take 5x the work and hold about as well as glue.

Miss Molly

I think I'm going to try the gorilla glue for the bulk of it.  I'll test it first though, if it happens to dry clear it won't be a problem to use on the front row.

I will be sure to show the finished product.  My webcam doesn't do the thing justice.  The mouth is made from piranha teeth.  The nose is a huge fish scale and a long pointy spikey bone thing coming up from it.  Those are porcupine quills on the side of the nose, and vertebra (sp?) bones and seed things all over it.  The hair is horse hair.  Super cool.

ReBurn

Quote from: Miss Molly on February 23, 2006, 04:57:51 PM
My webcam ... justice.
I know, right?  I mean, I looked at the picture and all I could see was the mask.  You are hidden behind it or something.  I tried looking around the mask to see your face, but I just couldn't.

Miss Molly

ReBurn, do you have a crush on me?   :P

Beefy

ReBurn

swolt

Quote from: ReBurn on February 23, 2006, 05:04:09 PM
My webcam ... justice.
I know, right?  I mean, I looked at the picture and all I could see was the mask.  You are hidden behind it or something.  I tried looking around the mask to see your face, but I just couldn't.

I used photoshop to remove the mask, but her face was just white space. Maybe I shouldn't have deleted everything.
A clever man commits no minor blunders.

ReBurn

Quote from: swolt on February 23, 2006, 11:48:38 PM
Quote from: ReBurn on February 23, 2006, 05:04:09 PM
My webcam ... justice.

I used photoshop to remove the mask, but her face was just white space. Maybe I shouldn't have deleted everything.
Dang!