News:

In spite of the cost of living, it's still quite popular.

Main Menu

A request

Started by Beef, September 21, 2005, 07:01:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Beefy

I have to finish packing tonight, as do my folks.  I have no idea how long that will take, but I know I won't have time for much else.

I sincerely doubt I'll be able to watch Lost or Invasion tonight.  Or Threshold on Friday night.  It's possible, but unlikely.

If anyone out there has a spare VHS tape they can throw in to record these shows I'd be very grateful.  I don't know when I'd be able to watch them, or if it's even worth it at this point, but I guess any normalcy I can maintain right now helps to keep me sane.

My thanks for your time and efforts.

ignom

If I had known, I have a portable TV I could have sent you that runs on batteries.
Underneath this flabby exterior is an enormous lack of character.

Alice

I don't have a VCR - but I can ask my mom to tape them for you if you want me to.

Jessie

I meant to set the VCR to record Lost tonight, but I forgot.
we should have kept the quote pyramid up to rape Jessie in the face.

Gamplayerx

We have a VCR somewhere.  I'll be glad to tape them for you.

ignom

Just demand that BigDun Tivo them and webcast the shows when you want to watch them.

Bishamonten

I don't have a VCR, but I can probably download it and burn it to DVD when they hit .torrent form.

meredith

Quote from: Bishamonten on September 21, 2005, 09:37:19 AM
I don't have a VCR, but I can probably download it and burn it to DVD when they hit .torrent form.

As can I.

Beefy

I appreciate it, y'all.

cnamon

I don't really know how to use the VCR, so I will spare you. But I thought about helping.  If that counts for something.

meredith

Listener

If I'd seen this sooner, I could've sent you my tape after we watch these shows.  Actually, we're not watching Invasion (probably not, anyway), but I could have reset the tape.

Gamplayerx

I can't get the VCR to work.  Arrrrrrrgh!!

Gamplayerx

No way am I going to figure this VCR thing out in the next 4 minutes.  Can anybody record these things for Beefy?

ignom

I have a VCR in another room somewhere that isn't hooked up, but I doubt that's much help now.

ignom

They don't start til 9 pm. I'll try to figure out my VCR by then. It's really old and my not record well though.

Gamplayerx

There's a "primer" on now. Grumpus is going to disconnect the tivo upstairs and plug the VCR directly in to the cable and record that way.

ignom

I got the channel to come in, but the VCR won't play or record. I tried two different tapes.

Listener

I am taping all three hours.  I will send the tape to Beefy when I'm done with it.

ignom

Quote from: Listener on September 21, 2005, 09:09:55 PM
I am taping all three hours. I will send the tape to Beefy when I'm done with it.

I don't know if gamp & grumpus got it to work, but I know beefy will be very appreciative.

I've got my VCR set to throw out with the trash in the morning.

Gamplayerx

We did, but not until about 20 minutes into the recap show - but I'll still be glad to send it to him.

Jessie

I'm so glad that he'll get his shows.
we should have kept the quote pyramid up to rape Jessie in the face.

DownSouth

Can someone send me a copy?  I only made it till 9:30.
16:15:43 [Gamplayerx] Juneau, I could really go for some pie. You better Belize it!

Gamplayerx

Sure.  I could send you mine, and then if Beefy still needs it, you could send it to him.  Can't vouch for the quality 'cause it's an old VCR and and old tape.  PM me your address.

DownSouth

Quote from: Gamplayerx on September 22, 2005, 09:04:52 AM
Sure.  I could send you mine, and then if Beefy still needs it, you could send it to him.  Can't vouch for the quality 'cause it's an old VCR and and old tape.  PM me your address.
Thanks.  I guess I'll have to set up my VCR now.
16:15:43 [Gamplayerx] Juneau, I could really go for some pie. You better Belize it!