News:

You know, I think that if there was a person you didn't like, and you handed them Wasabi Peas and a Vernor's ginger ale, and told them to inhale the smell of Vernor's through their nose and then take a bite of the Wasabi Peas and then exhale through their nose, you could kill them and totally get away with it.

Main Menu

Cowboys and Aliens

Started by dazie, July 30, 2011, 11:13:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dazie

It was good.  I liked it.

Seriously- it hit all the iconic points in a good cowboy movie, and it hit all the iconic points in a good alien movie.

Spoiler alert.[spoiler]
Stranger comes to town
Bad guy is a real jerk
Beautiful girl wants to help stranger
Indians show up
Stranger turns out to be a badass
Bad guy turns out to be a decent guy
Aliens fly around nabbing and killing
Stranger saves beautiful girl
Stranger recruits different bad guys
Bad guy argues with indians
Stranger, Bad guy, different bad guys and indians all team up
Aliens are defeated
[/spoiler]

Good stuff.  A little stilted in spots, and Olivia Wilde's character was SUCH A STEREOTYPE I laughed when I first saw her.  But that was kind of explained, so I'm good with that.

Anyway- we'll get it on BluRay when it comes out.
"Pinky, are you pondering what I'm pondering?"
I think so, Brain, but how will we get the Spice Girls into the paella?

dazie

swolt

I went and saw it last night and really enjoyed it. Daniel Craig and Harrison Ford were so much fun as Cowboys.

[spoiler]The only thing I wished they would have explained more is WHY the aliens wanted the gold. "It's rare to them" was kind of lame.[/spoiler]
A clever man commits no minor blunders.

dc

Maybe they were followers of Glenn Beck?

dazie

Quote from: swolt on August 03, 2011, 02:05:30 PM
I went and saw it last night and really enjoyed it. Daniel Craig and Harrison Ford were so much fun as Cowboys.

[spoiler]The only thing I wished they would have explained more is WHY the aliens wanted the gold. "It's rare to them" was kind of lame.[/spoiler]

By that point I'd kind of given up trying to figure out "why" it was all going on and was just enjoying it.  If they'd said the aliens were harvesting cactus, I'd have been like "ok- let's kill 'em all anyway."

ReBurn

I thought it was a lot of fun. I thought it started off slow, though.
11:42:24 [Gamplayerx] I keep getting knocked up.
11:42:28 [Gamplayerx] Er. OUT!

Jessie

I thought it was fun.  I could have done without Olivia Wilde's storyline all together.  I could have used at least 10x more cantankerous Harrison Ford.
we should have kept the quote pyramid up to rape Jessie in the face.