News:

40,000th post goes to Gamp!  Happy birthday!

Main Menu

Train of thought

Started by ignom, March 17, 2005, 09:01:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ignom

Jake in Progress premiered tonight, they showed two thirty-minute episodes. First, I started thinking about how old John Stamos must be now (he's 42). Then I thought how young he must've been on Full House (hmm, 1987, that would make him 23 when the show began). After that, I tried to place the girl in the second episode, it took a while, and I looked up the name TVGuide.com gave me (Bridgette Wilson-Sampras). I was Oh, man, she was in Billy Madison (is that who he left Brooke Shields for, no that was the Agassi). Then I realized, OMG, that movie is ten years old, and that got me thinking of high school ten years ago, i was a junior/senior, when once we got this redheaded friend to yell out "O'Doyle Rules" while standing on a chair during lunch. Man, that was fun. Then I started thinking about the jukebox we had in the lunchroom, and people would always play Tom Petty's "You Don't Know How it Feels" because he sang about rolling a joint.

Wow, Bridgette Wilson was on Saved by the Bell, and she was Sonya Blade in Mortal Kombat.
Underneath this flabby exterior is an enormous lack of character.

eo000

I don't even know what direction to go after that.

ignom

Also, Wendie Malick is pregnant in this show, she has to be 60 (Oh, she is 55). She was on Baywatch and Just Shoot Me. She is a year older than my mom.

ignom

I guess there's a night of this show on ABC.

Right now, a guy that was in the premiere and second episode all the sudden doesn't know the main character (and vice versa), like he wasn't his client in the first two episodes. If you're gonna retool a show, don't show that episode the same night as the premiere.

Gamplayerx

I'm oh so old.  I remember John Stamos as Blackie on General Hospital.

Bishamonten

When I have to poop, I call it "train".  It's an inside joke that I am now letting you all in on. 

CHOO CHOO!

ignom

Gamplayerx

Yes, Blackie.

Blackie was the young rockin' heart throb on General Hospital unil Jack Wagner arrived on the scene.

ignom

OK, after four episodes, i think this show is very good. It has a lot of potential. That means it will be gone in a month.

DownSouth

Wouldn't he have been 24 in 1987?
16:15:43 [Gamplayerx] Juneau, I could really go for some pie. You better Belize it!

cnamon

I was 5 in 1987.  Just starting kindergarten.

Infobahn

Quote from: cnamon on March 20, 2005, 04:08:32 PM
I was 5 in 1987.  Just starting kindergarten.

I was 23, working at a bank.