News:

40,000th post goes to Gamp!  Happy birthday!

Main Menu

The Gong Li appreciation thread (NSFDU)

Started by Beef, March 16, 2005, 05:42:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Beefy

I fell in love with Gong Li in college when she was at the height of her collaborations with Yimou Zhang.  She was, and may still be, one the best actresses (or actors) on the planet.  She dropped out of the spotlight for a number of years after she parted ways with Yimou.  Now she is making a comeback, it appears, and has been cast in Michael Mann's reinterpretation of Miami Vice.

Even if you don't normally like foreign films, I highly highly highly recommend hunting down Raise the Red Lantern.  It is a stunning film in every way, and her performance in it, at such a young age, is astounding.

And oh yeah... she's really hot, too.

Infobahn

ignom

Underneath this flabby exterior is an enormous lack of character.

Beefy

Quote from: ignom on March 16, 2005, 06:02:38 PM
She's no Zhang Ziyi

Ziyi actually replaced Gong Li as Yimou's favored actress.  He traded in for a younger model.

Infobahn

Quote from: Beef on March 16, 2005, 06:27:30 PM
Quote from: ignom on March 16, 2005, 06:02:38 PM
She's no Zhang Ziyi

Ziyi actually replaced Gong Li as Yimou's favored actress.  He traded in for a younger model.

Geek geek geek geek geek geek geek geek geek.  Geek geek geek geek geek younger model.

OBB

She's got a nicer rack than Zhang Ziyi... but they're both hyper-beautiful.

Bishamonten

Quote from: OBB on March 16, 2005, 06:57:29 PM
She's got a nicer rack than Zhang Ziyi... but they're both hyper-beautiful.

Both very beautiful, but of the two Gong Li is the far superior actress.  That makes her sexy as hell.  I look forward to seeing her in Wong Kar Kai's 2046.

Jessie

we should have kept the quote pyramid up to rape Jessie in the face.