News:

I know Karate! ...and several other Japanese words

Main Menu

Serpents Among The Ruins - SPOILERS

Started by Listener, August 30, 2005, 07:32:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Listener

So did anyone else expect that WE caused the Tomed Incident?  Because I sure as hell didn't.

I've read that book twice now, and even though I knew what happened the second time, I was still "holy shit, I can't believe we just did that".

Alice

Mr. Ubiquity

Quote from: Listener on August 30, 2005, 07:32:37 AM
So did anyone else expect that WE caused the Tomed Incident?  Because I sure as hell didn't.

I've read that book twice now, and even though I knew what happened the second time, I was still "holy shit, I can't believe we just did that".

I say that every time i post something on Juntoonline.
"if I wank to it, will u feel disgusted or flattered or a perverse combo of both?"

Listener

In order to avert a war with the Romulans, Captain Harriman & Starfleet Intelligence concocted a plan to steal a Romulan warship, falsify computer records, and destroy almost an entire sector of space, making the rest of the federation believe that 3000-plus people had died, when really no one was on any of the outposts or on the ship that had been destroyed.

To me, it was a great dramatic moment.  Maybe it's just me, though.

Alice

Quote from: Listener on August 30, 2005, 11:18:58 AM
Romulans

Oh, now I understand why I didn't understand what you were talking about.  Carry on.

Listener

Quote from: AliceLiddell on August 30, 2005, 11:21:41 AM
Quote from: Listener on August 30, 2005, 11:18:58 AM
Romulans

Oh, now I understand why I didn't understand what you were talking about.  Carry on.

Yeah, it's a Star Trek novel.  I don't know how many other folks here are Star Trek Novel Geeks, but I figured I'd take a shot.

Jessie

But a shot in the dark one step away from you
A shot in the dark always creeping up on you
we should have kept the quote pyramid up to rape Jessie in the face.

Beefy

Quote from: Jessie on September 07, 2005, 10:30:41 AM
But a shot in the dark one step away from you
A shot in the dark always creeping up on you

Damn it.

ReBurn

11:42:24 [Gamplayerx] I keep getting knocked up.
11:42:28 [Gamplayerx] Er. OUT!