News:

What happens if you get scared half to death twice?

Main Menu

I Have an iPad

Started by BigDun, April 04, 2010, 01:38:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BigDun

I had to stand in line for 1 hour and 20 minutes, but damn it was worth it. Simply the most amazing piece of technology I've ever seen.
16:26:25 [DownSouth] I'm in a monkey rutt

dazie

braggart

I know I want one, I'm just not sure I need one.  Or could afford one.  Or could justify getting one.
"Pinky, are you pondering what I'm pondering?"
I think so, Brain, but how will we get the Spice Girls into the paella?

ReBurn

I was tempted to get up and go down to the Apple store yesterday morning for the launch. I probably could have gotten away with the cheapest one, but I really want the one with 64 GB of memory. I couldn't justify an extra $200 just for the memory.
11:42:24 [Gamplayerx] I keep getting knocked up.
11:42:28 [Gamplayerx] Er. OUT!

VikingJuice

You're supposed to change those out at least once a day or you risk TSS.

dazie

Quote from: BigDun on April 04, 2010, 01:38:27 PM
I had to stand in line for 1 hour and 20 minutes, but damn it was worth it. Simply the most amazing piece of technology I've ever seen.

I just read this out loud to Ursus.  What I thought of when I did was "Dang- poor BD never saw the Space Shuttle."

;)

Gamplayerx

I love my iphone, but my question is is the ipad basically a bulkier iphone or is it that much better than a laptop?

Jessie

I thought it had LESS functionality than a laptop.

I don't get the point of them, really.
we should have kept the quote pyramid up to rape Jessie in the face.

ReBurn

It does have less functionality than a laptop. It is more in the netbook range in terms of functionality. I think one of the things that makes this attractive is the multi-touch screen, its size/resolution and the wide range of non-traditional computing tasks you can do with it. The creative and media teams where I work is already planning on incorporating them into their sales presentations and trade show collateral so that they can have high-def video and slideshows running in extremely thin panels.

The way I see it the thing not only competes with netbooks and laptops for light-duty tasks, it also reaches into the digital photo frame and Kindle/eBook market space. It's good for movies and music, too. And with the productivity apps for $10 each it's going to be something that people who travel a lot are going to want to take on the road for short trips instead of carrying a bulky laptop bag or briefcase.

After getting used to an iPod touch over the last year I'm pretty excited about it. But I doubt I buy one until either the price comes down or they add some more features to make it worth it to me.

dazie

How much are they anyway?

BigDun

$499-699 for the models that don't have the built in cell broadband connection. I figured that most every place will soon have WiFi service soon so I'm not spending the extra money on the cell connection (plus the monthly fee).

I am finding myself using for web, email, ebooks and streaming video so far. I haven't even really made a dent in it's memory yet.

dots

I getting mine next month. I played with a friends over the weekend and it really is amazing.

It will be useful for school...especially when more textbooks are available on it.

I could also use it as a portable portfolio.
You're an asshole and I hate you.

eo000

ReBurn

grace

Quote from: ReBurn on April 04, 2010, 09:17:28 PM
It does have less functionality than a laptop. It is more in the netbook range in terms of functionality.

i have yet to play with it, but i soo want too.

pumpkineye

only 3 more days! yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay

BigDun

My wife can't wait for hers too.

I <3 my iPad.

Gamplayerx

Guess who got on iPad for her birthday!  :D

BigDun

Welcome to the world of awesome.

Gamplayerx

Thanks!  I need to see if I can find an anti-glare shield that works -- know of one?

BigDun

No, but I just ordered this really cool case for my iPad: http://www.dodocase.com/