News:

Laughter is like changing a baby's diaper. It doesn't permanently solve any problems, but it makes thing more acceptable for awhile.

Main Menu

"Feathers Fly in Lawrence"

Started by dazie, September 24, 2009, 07:30:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dazie

That was the headline, page 1, above the fold in the Topeka paper this morning.

An article about the 3rd brawl graced the local paper.

And this on cnn.comhttp://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2009/basketball/ncaa/09/23/kansas.ap/index.html

This is an embarrassment.  I know how I'd handle it if I were running things, how would YOU guys do it?
"Pinky, are you pondering what I'm pondering?"
I think so, Brain, but how will we get the Spice Girls into the paella?

Alice

They're guys - guys do this sort of thing.  If they say they've worked it out, I don't see why anything needs to be done.  If they weren't athletes, just regular students, I don't think anything would have been done about it.

Jessie

Lock them up and throw away the key!
we should have kept the quote pyramid up to rape Jessie in the face.

dazie

Quote from: Alice on September 24, 2009, 08:09:01 AM
They're guys - guys do this sort of thing.  If they say they've worked it out, I don't see why anything needs to be done.  If they weren't athletes, just regular students, I don't think anything would have been done about it.

True enough.  But look at it this way-  (from an editorial in today's paper)  "It's true that this kind of commotion gets more attention when the students involved are on university athletic teams. That's fair. The athletes also get more attention on the field or on the court than the average KU student ever does for going to class or even achieving a measure of academic excellence."

This is how I'd handle it: 
http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/football/news?slug=dw-paterno052207&prov=yhoo&type=lgns

Yeah.  I lubs me some JoePa.
"Pinky, are you pondering what I'm pondering?"
I think so, Brain, but how will we get the Spice Girls into the paella?