News:

11/9/05: Bennyhana hits the 100,000th post. Way to go, Benny! Your real doll should arrive shortly.

Main Menu

Any of you football people know of this guy?

Started by Jessie, January 09, 2009, 03:13:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jessie

http://www.kcchiefs.com/hall_of_fame/art_still/

He was just in my office.  Very nice guy, and he looks MUCH younger than he is.
we should have kept the quote pyramid up to rape Jessie in the face.

swolt

Well yeah. He was a force against the run as well as an unstoppable pass rusher . . . Was a four-time Pro Bowl selection, following the 1980-82 and 1984 seasons . . . Named the Chiefs Most Valuable Player twice (1980 and 1984) . . . Is third on the Chiefs all-time sack list with 72.5 . . . Also made 992 tackles and 11 fumble recoveries . . . Led team in sacks on six occasions and topped the team's tackle chart three times . . . Had two seasons (1980 and 1984) with 14.5 sacks . . . Was the second overall player taken in the 1978 NFL Draft (Houston Oilers running back Earl Campbell was the first) . . . Was traded to the Buffalo Bills in 1988 and played with that club for two seasons . . . Was the Southeastern Conference Player of the Year as a senior at the University of Kentucky . . . Wore jersey number 67 . . . Born December 5, 1955, in Camden, New Jersey.

How could you not know that?
A clever man commits no minor blunders.

Jessie

we should have kept the quote pyramid up to rape Jessie in the face.

Gamplayerx

I've never heard of him, but did you know that there's some guy who narrates some show that I can't remember what it is but it's either a nature or travel or survival or how it's made kind of show who sounds exactly like the Amazing Race guy only it's not the Amazing Race guy, it's some ex-football player?  I'll bet you didn't.

Infobahn

dazie

"Pinky, are you pondering what I'm pondering?"
I think so, Brain, but how will we get the Spice Girls into the paella?

VikingJuice

I actually remember him from his playing days.  By the late portion of his career, he was mostly a role player and no longer a star.  Didn't know much about him beyond that.

grace

i attended grade school in camden NJ, not a nice town, but the home of "cambell soup."