News:

"I'd rather regret the things I have done than the things I have not." --Lucille Ball

Main Menu

#1 Goes down in Lubbock

Started by VikingJuice, November 01, 2008, 11:07:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

VikingJuice

Texas Tech, in the biggest game of the school's history (till next week), knock of #1 Ranked University of Texas with a 20+ yard pass to Michael Crabtree with one second left on the clock!!

Tech jumped out to a big lead of 19-0 before Texas stormed back taking the lead with about a minute and a half to go.  Tech rallied driving just under 60 yards for the go ahead score.

It was a fantastic ballgame!!

http://sports-ak.espn.go.com/ncf/boxscore?gameId=283062641

Infobahn

VikingJuice

Quote from: Infobahn on November 01, 2008, 11:10:13 PM
Quote from: VikingJuice on November 01, 2008, 11:07:23 PM
It was a fantastic ballgame!!

Not if you are a Texas Ex like me.

I had no idea you were a UT alum.  UT really played down today.  That wasn't the same team that dispatched OU, Mizzou and OSU in consecutive weeks.  They seemed very flat till just before half. 

Even with the loss, you have to admit it was an exciting game despite until the end.  I had the same experience watching my Dolphins lose right in front of my eyes a couple weeks back.  It was a great game but a shitty ending for me.

Infobahn

My BP was climbing, so I stopped watching. Also, I moved the DSL modem and that pissed me off too.  Not a good night for stuff at Bahnville.

dazie

:gamp:

Not that I dislike Texas, but now PSU has a better chance.
"Pinky, are you pondering what I'm pondering?"
I think so, Brain, but how will we get the Spice Girls into the paella?

VikingJuice

Quote from: dazie on November 02, 2008, 08:39:21 AM
:gamp:

Not that I dislike Texas, but now PSU has a better chance.

PSU will likely get leapfrogged a lot this year because of both strength of schedule issues and recent Big 10 failures in BCS games.  I think Tech jumps over them in this afternoon's BCS poll.

Updated:  My prediction was true, Tech jumped PSU to land at #2, with PSU #3
http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/chronicle/6090918.html