News:

9/8/05: 6 months, 75,000 posts! Thanks to Nishi for the post!

Main Menu

New sofa

Started by ReBurn, October 13, 2008, 09:32:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ReBurn

My wife bought this sofa yesterday and it came today.

http://www.ashleyfurniture.com/Showroom/Showroom.aspx?PageId=Showroom&CategoryID=1&ItemNo=1510038&SetDomTab=1&SeriesNo=15100&CollectionId=&style=&PageNumber=1&IsClicked=1&CatPageNumber=3

Let me know if that doesn't work. Anyway, to keep the dogs off of it she bought one of these:

http://www.contech-inc.com/products/scatmat/

Yeah, a ScatMat. I know how it sounds. I touched it before we put it on the sofa to make sure that it really didn't hurt. I wouldn't have used it if it caused pain. Mostly it is just a scary pop that's grabs your attention. So far two dogs have jumped on it and promptly jumped off and that's been their only interaction with the sofa.

What I thought was funny is that my daughter came home from school and plopped her butt down on it. She jumped at least 3 feet once it made contact. I know, I'm a bad dad sometimes. But that was kinda funny.
11:42:24 [Gamplayerx] I keep getting knocked up.
11:42:28 [Gamplayerx] Er. OUT!

dazie

I need to get both of those.  A new sofa and something to keep everyone in the house except for me off of it.
"Pinky, are you pondering what I'm pondering?"
I think so, Brain, but how will we get the Spice Girls into the paella?

Jessie

I must be a bad person too, because I just laughed at your daughter shocking her butt, too.
we should have kept the quote pyramid up to rape Jessie in the face.

sapphirehart

omg....have I ever shared the story of me and the underground fence?

oh and....very pretty sofa, Reburn

Gamplayerx

Please ask your wife to buy me a scatmat!!

Beefy

Quote from: ReBurn on October 13, 2008, 09:32:32 PM
What I thought was funny is that my daughter came home from school and plopped her butt down on it. She jumped at least 3 feet once it made contact. I know, I'm a bad dad sometimes. But that was kinda funny.

Missed opportunity for a popular YouTube video.

VikingJuice

Reminds me of the "sofa-king" joke.

For those of you who haven't heard or seen it...

I got this from a friend at work years ago.  I passed it around with my family while on vacation in Nova Scotia.  It was like watching lights slowly go on in a big building as each member of the family finally got the gag.  My grandmother was the last one.  We had to have her say it out loud like 7 or 8 times before she clued in.  It was a priceless family moment!!

Say this out loud slowly, then repeat it till you figure it out.

"I we todd did.  I sofa king we todd did"

dazie

At my last gig in NV, the trainer and techs often went to trade shows.

A couple of them had actual name tags made up to say that they were from the "Sofa King" company.
"Pinky, are you pondering what I'm pondering?"
I think so, Brain, but how will we get the Spice Girls into the paella?

ReBurn

Quote from: Gamplayerx on October 14, 2008, 08:39:31 AM
It was actually quite reasonable at PetSmart. After having companies not honor fabric protection warranties because of pets I figured it was worth it.

VikingJuice

Quote from: dazie on October 14, 2008, 05:53:58 PM
At my last gig in NV, the trainer and techs often went to trade shows.

A couple of them had actual name tags made up to say that they were from the "Sofa King" company.

Awesome idea. 

Bennyhana

Quote from: ReBurn on October 14, 2008, 07:38:44 PM
It was actually quite reasonable at PetSmart. After having companies not honor fabric protection warranties because of pets I figured it was worth it.
Isn't it amazing how pets allegedly have this magical ability to destroy anything, from an apartment to a couch, more efficiently than the worst child and most neglectful owner?

ReBurn

Quote from: Bennyhana on October 14, 2008, 11:06:30 PM
Isn't it amazing how pets allegedly have this magical ability to destroy anything, from an apartment to a couch, more efficiently than the worst child and most neglectful owner?
It certainly is. My kids do way more damage to the furniture than my dogs do. All it takes is the service tech to see that there is a dog around and whatever is wrong is automatically pet damage. Damage to stuffed animals is a different story, however.

grace

Quote from: Bennyhana on October 14, 2008, 11:06:30 PM

yup...and we buy another couch, keep feeding the dog, all for unconditional love.

Gamplayerx

Um, I didn't ask you if it was reasonably priced or where it was reasonably priced. I asked you to ask your wife to buy me a scatmat.  Can you read the words that are coming out of my mouth?!?

grace

Quote from: Gamplayerx on October 15, 2008, 10:16:59 PM
Um, I didn't ask you if it was reasonably priced or where it was reasonably priced. I asked you to ask your wife to buy me a scatmat.  Can you read the words that are coming out of my mouth?!?

Burn....please ask your wife if she would be soo kind as to buy Gamp a friggin scatmat AND fedx it too.

ReBurn

Quote from: grace on October 16, 2008, 08:30:30 PM

Burn....please ask your wife if she would be soo kind as to buy Gamp a friggin scatmat AND fedx it too.
Those things are dangerous! I was getting something off of the bookshelf last night and she had it draped over the arm of the sofa. I didn't know it was there and sat down on the arm to read. Holy crap! It was like touching a dozen doorknobs with my butt!

Gamplayerx

Quote from: ReBurn on October 17, 2008, 09:40:56 AM

Those things are dangerous! I was getting something off of the bookshelf last night and she had it draped over the arm of the sofa. I didn't know it was there and sat down on the arm to read. Holy crap! It was like touching a dozen doorknobs with my butt!
Aha!  So you're saying it also keeps husbands off of armrests.  Good to know, good to know.  :D

Bennyhana

Quote from: ReBurn on October 17, 2008, 09:40:56 AM

lumpy and made of brass?