News:

Do you all even read these?

Main Menu

Fantasy Football Thread

Started by Alice, September 22, 2008, 11:34:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Alice

I couldn't agree more, Info.

I'm looking for a decent back up WR and there's shit left in my league.  I really don't like being in a league this big.

ReBurn

11:42:24 [Gamplayerx] I keep getting knocked up.
11:42:28 [Gamplayerx] Er. OUT!

Infobahn

I was offered Ladanian Tomlinson for my Brian Westbrook.

Thoughts?

Alice

Quote from: Infobahn on September 23, 2008, 08:53:37 PM

Thoughts?
I wouldn't, not for just a straight trade.  That makes no sense to me.

VikingJuice

Quote from: Alice on September 23, 2008, 08:58:46 PM

Thoughts?

With Tomlinson limping along right now, that might not make the best sense.  With him healthy, I'd take him over any back in the league.  How deep are you at RB?  If you can make the move and still have 2 legit starters going for a few weeks to hold you over, you might want to consider it.  That would give LT time to get back into shape.  He hurt his big toe and it's limiting his cutting ability.

Infobahn

Quote from: VikingJuice on September 23, 2008, 10:30:56 PM

Thoughts?

With Tomlinson limping along right now, that might not make the best sense.  With him healthy, I'd take him over any back in the league.  How deep are you at RB?  If you can make the move and still have 2 legit starters going for a few weeks to hold you over, you might want to consider it.  That would give LT time to get back into shape.  He hurt his big toe and it's limiting his cutting ability.
I have Edgerinn James and Fred Taylor

Alice

Thoughts?

He wasn't that phenomenal this season when he wasn't injured.  I wouldn't do it.  I'd stick with Westbrook.

VikingJuice

Quote from: Infobahn on September 23, 2008, 11:16:15 PM

Thoughts?

I have Edgerinn James and Fred Taylor

I'd make the move then.  You're already solid at the position and this could make it even better once LT is healthy.

VikingJuice

Quote from: Alice on September 23, 2008, 11:50:50 PM

Thoughts?

He wasn't that phenomenal this season when he wasn't injured.  I wouldn't do it.  I'd stick with Westbrook.
He got hurt toward the end of the game week 1.  The week 2 game vs Denver was a shootout not favoring the running game.  This week he had 2 TD's.  He's been pure money for 6 straight seasons and I could see another couple.  Also keep in mind that the whole SD team has started somewhat slowly this year just like last but around weeks 4-7 they got it revved up.

eo000

Quote from: VikingJuice on September 24, 2008, 12:15:13 AM
Quote from: Alice on September 23, 2008, 11:50:50 PM

Thoughts?

He got hurt toward the end of the game week 1.  The week 2 game vs Denver was a shootout not favoring the running game.  This week he had 2 TD's.  He's been pure money for 6 straight seasons and I could see another couple.  Also keep in mind that the whole SD team has started somewhat slowly this year just like last but around weeks 4-7 they got it revved up.
It's a toss right now. Westbrook is day to day with his foot injury.

Infobahn

I am still thinking about it.  Thanks all.  Alice, I am going to see if I can get a WR as a part of the trade.

Alice

Quote from: Infobahn on September 24, 2008, 09:19:36 AM
I am still thinking about it.  Thanks all.  Alice, I am going to see if I can get a WR as a part of the trade.
I think that would be a better option for you.

Alice

This guy in my league is starting to drive me nuts:

Infobahn

We charge $2.50 per FA, $5 per trade.

Alice

Infobahn

VikingJuice

Quote from: Infobahn on September 30, 2008, 07:48:10 PM
Quote from: Alice on September 30, 2008, 07:46:57 PM
Quote from: Infobahn on September 30, 2008, 07:38:03 PM
We charge $2.50 per FA, $5 per trade.
That's not a bad idea.
It goes to the Pot, and some to a party.

Alice's guy would drive me nuts too.  My friends and I that play yearly are all very active participants in the waiver wire but none of us comes even close to that guy.  In fact, I think if you added our entire league's worth of transactions, we'd still be less than that dude.

I don't like the charging for transactions simply because I can't afford to have my finances limit my strategic efforts (even though they frequently fail). 

And just like every year for the last 4, I'm in two leagues, one headed by a good friend and one I'm head of.  And just like every year, I'm in first in his and last in my own.  I don't know how that keeps happening.  Maybe it's Karma because I talk so much trash in my own league.