News:

"I'd rather regret the things I have done than the things I have not." --Lucille Ball

Main Menu

East Bound and Down-RIP

Started by VikingJuice, September 02, 2008, 09:35:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

VikingJuice

Jerry Reed passed away at age 71.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/26511875/

I always liked his character Snowman.  The Smokey and the Bandit movies maintain a very special place in my childhood memories.  Catchya on the flipside Snowman.

dazie

:)  Guess what movie I watched tonight?
"Pinky, are you pondering what I'm pondering?"
I think so, Brain, but how will we get the Spice Girls into the paella?

Alice

VikingJuice

Quote from: dazie on September 02, 2008, 09:37:28 PM
:)  Guess what movie I watched tonight?

Bandit 3, the search for Spock?

dazie

"Pinky, are you pondering what I'm pondering?"
I think so, Brain, but how will we get the Spice Girls into the paella?

Jessie

we should have kept the quote pyramid up to rape Jessie in the face.

Beefy

VikingJuice

Gamplayerx

I'm sorry he died, but damn this damn thread putting that damn song in my damn head over and over and over again!

http://www.youtube.com/v/xN8dP4CoFaw

grace

bert and sally....they were an odd couple, very odd.

now the theme from dukes of hazzard comes to mind ...

VikingJuice

Quote from: grace on September 04, 2008, 05:12:27 PM

Quote from: gampI'm sorry he died, but damn this damn thread putting that damn song in my damn head over and over and over again!

Both songs are now dumped for your enjoyment.  Yes, I happened to have both on hand.  I have lots of random stuff, especially tv show and movie themes.

Bennyhana

Quote from: grace on September 04, 2008, 05:12:27 PM

Waylon is already dead.  Do not talk to Alice about Waylon.

manosax

You know, as a trained musician, I'm a bit dismayed that I still really like that tune.  It reminds me of a special time in my childhood that wasn't obliterated the way that Star Wars was.  There was a guy when I was in grad school that the Smokey and the Bandit movies were among his favorites.  "HOOOOOOLDIT!"  and i really thinkthat Jackie Gleason was the true star of that movie.  I couldn't have thought of a better Sherriff Buford T. Justice.

VikingJuice

Quote from: manosax on September 06, 2008, 01:29:44 AM
You know, as a trained musician, I'm a bit dismayed that I still really like that tune.  It reminds me of a special time in my childhood that wasn't obliterated the way that Star Wars was.  There was a guy when I was in grad school that the Smokey and the Bandit movies were among his favorites.  "HOOOOOOLDIT!"  and i really thinkthat Jackie Gleason was the true star of that movie.  I couldn't have thought of a better Sherriff Buford T. Justice.

Gleason absolutely made the movie.  His lines were all the most over the top ones of the film.  I used to quote him all the time when my parents weren't around.

"I'm gonna Bar-buh-que yo ass in molasses!!"

"Junior, when I get home I'm goona punch yo mamma in the mouth!"

manosax

Quote from: VikingJuice on September 06, 2008, 03:10:15 PM
Quote from: manosax on September 06, 2008, 01:29:44 AM

Gleason absolutely made the movie.  His lines were all the most over the top ones of the film.  I used to quote him all the time when my parents weren't around.

"I'm gonna Bar-buh-que yo ass in molasses!!"

"Junior, when I get home I'm goona punch yo mamma in the mouth!"

"There's no way that you could come from my loins"

ReBurn

I have all three movies, and it's a shame that they ever made the second two. But the first one is really great.

"Junior, when we get home I'm gonna punch your momma in the mouth."
11:42:24 [Gamplayerx] I keep getting knocked up.
11:42:28 [Gamplayerx] Er. OUT!

VikingJuice

Quote from: ReBurn on September 16, 2008, 08:57:30 PM
I have all three movies, and it's a shame that they ever made the second two. But the first one is really great.

"Junior, when we get home I'm gonna punch your momma in the mouth."

Stealer of quotes!  HE STOLE IT!!-Steve Martin