News:

Whenever I think of the past, it brings back so many memories.

Main Menu

Holy crap, the new red band trailer for Punisher: War Zone is graphic!!!

Started by Beefy, August 17, 2008, 08:19:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Beefy

Like, NSFW graphic.  Like, send your kids out of the room graphic.  I think they might be overcompensating for the last one.

http://latinoreview.com/news/lionsgate-wants-a-pg-13-punisher-war-zone-5212

ReBurn

11:42:24 [Gamplayerx] I keep getting knocked up.
11:42:28 [Gamplayerx] Er. OUT!

VikingJuice

There's so many things about that trailer that I don't like;  Different actor, apparently different director, HUGE shift in style and cinematography and it even seems like it's trying to cater to the Limp Bizkit type crowd...  I don't like any of that.  I really enjoyed the first one and this just looks like shit to me.

Beefy

Well, the last film wasn't well met with fanboys.  Too light.  Punisher is supposed to be violent and ruthless, and so I think they're swaying heavily in the other direction this time.  I understand the logic, but I don't think anyone is jonesing for a new Punisher film any way. 

At any rate, it's not a sequel, it's a reimagining, much like The Incredible Hulk and Batman Begins were.

I read that there was an actual score for the film being worked on, but that Lionsgate insisted on the metal thing.  It's pretty played out.

eo000

if you don't think ray stevenson is a bad ass, you must be a male figure skater (and no, i don't mean the awesome kind, like bowman the showman).

titus pullo was the man.

VikingJuice

Quote from: eo000 on August 18, 2008, 06:32:07 AM
if you don't think ray stevenson is a bad ass, you must be a male figure skater (and no, i don't mean the awesome kind, like bowman the showman).

titus pullo was the man.

I'm not saying he isn't a badass, I'm saying that I liked the other guy better and other film style better.  This stuff is so over the top that I'm surprised that I didn't see Vin Diesel in the preview.