News:

I went to the general store.  They wouldn't let me buy anything specific.

Main Menu

My Paintings

Started by Alice, July 15, 2008, 08:48:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Alice

I'm thinking of starting a website for my paintings and whatnot.  Any ideas of a decent template or something user friendly for this?  I've no real idea how to go about doing it.

dots

You're an asshole and I hate you.

Alice

Jessie

we should have kept the quote pyramid up to rape Jessie in the face.

Beefy

Kick up a blogspot.  It's free, highly editable, and people use them for stores all the time.  You can do something similar and more professional looking with Typepad but it will cost you.

dots

FAIL.

Just kidding.  I bought a template, but I am not liking it anymore, so I was giving it away (can't sell it).

I did the blogspot thing...very easy:

www.dottielouphotography.com

I plan on doing something more advanced, but right now, this works.
You're an asshole and I hate you.

BigDun

Google has a way of creating personal web sites too. Go to http://pages.google.com
16:26:25 [DownSouth] I'm in a monkey rutt

VikingJuice

Quote from: Beefy on July 15, 2008, 09:13:00 AM
Kick up a blogspot.  It's free, highly editable, and people use them for stores all the time.  You can do something similar and more professional looking with Typepad but it will cost you.

I need to set up something similar myself.  I'd like to have a place to refer my friends to view my photo collection and video projects.  I just completed my California Photostory project.  It's in 3 segments totally about 40 minutes or so.  I really like it.  It's my best PS project so far.

meredith

For smaller projects, I like to use oswd.org for starter templates, then modify as needed.  http://roomag.org/ for an example of that.  I'm a fan of simpler designs, though.  OSWD's templates take some work if you're going to use them with a blog engine.

If you can envision something that integrates some of your artwork into a page design, it can probably be done.  those tend to be the more interesting portfolio sites, imho. ;)

Beefy

VikingJuice

Quote from: hatt on July 16, 2008, 08:00:12 AM
For smaller projects, I like to use oswd.org for starter templates, then modify as needed.  http://roomag.org/ for an example of that.  I'm a fan of simpler designs, though.  OSWD's templates take some work if you're going to use them with a blog engine.

If you can envision something that integrates some of your artwork into a page design, it can probably be done.  those tend to be the more interesting portfolio sites, imho. ;)

I always read imho completely differently than you're supposed to.  I always read it as I'M A HO.  I guess you're never grown up all the way.

Beefy

Alice

Damn.  At first I thought that said midgets with wallets and I got a little excited.

eo000

Quote from: Alice on July 17, 2008, 10:05:11 AM
Damn.  At first I thought that said midgets with wallets and I got a little excited.
I thought it was midgets with mullets.

meredith

you need to claim all of those

Beefy

Quote from: hatt on July 17, 2008, 10:13:03 AM
you need to claim all of those

I may have to claim mallets for my own.  I just need to find some content worth posting there.

meredith

that's the problem with grabbing up domains, innit?

Beefy

Maybe I could just post randomly amusing MSPaint drawings there.