Previous topic - Next topic

nishi

i believe in a thing called love
ooooooh (huh!)
"we left the motherland to settle a colony on Juntoo.  hats with belt buckles."
-catchr

<- this is a prankapple.

nishi

in other news, you are a giant weirdo and hugely awesome person.
-catchr

<- this is a prankapple.

meredith

i see the summoning ritual worked

nishi

you're awfully good at summoning.
-catchr

<- this is a prankapple.

meredith

i was afraid i put too many orphan souls in the vessel

meredith

how many people are going to have no clue what's going on here?

nishi

i'm assuming "almost all".
-catchr

<- this is a prankapple.

meredith

they're probably best off living their lives in simple ignorance of the horrors around them

how have you been?  where have you been?  you can always swoop in for a snarky remark or two, baby. ;)

nishi

i've been pretty good. i'm doing some summer restructuring of my life - i'm teaching 10 hours in the fall and i'll be taking at least 6 hours of courses in my phd program at the same time, so i'm dedicating this summer to getting the house and yard and garden entirely in lowest-maintenance-possible mode, doing course preparation and advance reading for my courses.

we're low on students in summer school and so neither of my courses filled enough for me to teach them, so i also found myself suddenly completely unemployed, so i spent some time freaked out and hibernating before coming up with my "low impact summer living plan".

i've not been very adept at swooping recently. I MUST IMPROVE.

you should come visit me and we'll play drunken ping pong!
-catchr

<- this is a prankapple.

meredith

i wish i could make a promise there, but financial state will be uncertain.  it probably won't surprise many that i spent no hesitation in helping out someone who was at that point practically a stranger.  heh

that'd have to be surprising to have a job suddenly disappear.  will you have to ration the dog food?

Jessie

I'm going to see George Clinton and PFunk on 7/4 and you could absolutely join me.  It's freee!
we should have kept the quote pyramid up to rape Jessie in the face.

nishi

Quote from: Jessie on June 20, 2008, 12:29:58 PM
I'm going to see George Clinton and PFunk on 7/4 and you could absolutely join me.  It's freee!

w00t! i've been trying to find someone to go with me! i'm in!
-catchr

<- this is a prankapple.

nishi

Quote from: hatt on June 20, 2008, 12:26:25 PM
that'd have to be surprising to have a job suddenly disappear.  will you have to ration the dog food?

it's not really the good kind of surprise - you know, like accidentally standing in front of bish for too long - either.

i told fredna she was going to have to get a job. sophie responded to the news by eating my turkey sandwich right out of my hand - she didn't even pretend she was sorry.
-catchr

<- this is a prankapple.

Jessie

Quote from: nishi on June 20, 2008, 12:36:54 PM
Quote from: Jessie on June 20, 2008, 12:29:58 PM

w00t! i've been trying to find someone to go with me! i'm in!

Seriously?  Awesome!  I'm gonna take Timothy, because I love introducing him to awesome music.  He loves concerts.   I haven't been able to find anyone else to definitely go with me yet, so I was planning on it just being me and him.
we should have kept the quote pyramid up to rape Jessie in the face.

meredith

Quote from: nishi on June 20, 2008, 12:38:25 PM
it's not really the good kind of surprise - you know, like accidentally standing in front of bish for too long - either.

i told fredna she was going to have to get a job. sophie responded to the news by eating my turkey sandwich right out of my hand - she didn't even pretend she was sorry.
it's best to get what food you can if you know shortages are coming

i was writing a whole, long-ass explanation in PM for you, but i realized i'm way too tired to cover all the details involved in a coherent manner. plus i was nodding off and had to get up and walk around.  so i owe you that, i'll write it all or tell you on the phone sometime once i've had some sleep.