News:

9/8/05: 6 months, 75,000 posts! Thanks to Nishi for the post!

Main Menu

MP3 player help

Started by dazie, March 06, 2008, 10:39:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dazie

I have a SanDisk M240 1 GB MP3 player.  It's all but 85 mb full, and I'd like to take some of the music off and put other music on.

WTF.  You'd think I was trying to build the damn player.  I cannot for the life of me figure out how to do what I want.  When I hook it up to the computer, it says there are no files on it, but only 85 mb of space available.  When I unhook it from the computer, Chris Isaak starts singing to me.  (which isn't awful, but how is he on my MP3 player when my computer says he isn't?)

How do I get the music off the player?
"Pinky, are you pondering what I'm pondering?"
I think so, Brain, but how will we get the Spice Girls into the paella?

Bennyhana

Quote from: dazie on March 06, 2008, 10:39:54 PM
I have a SanDisk M240 1 GB MP3 player.  It's all but 85 mb full, and I'd like to take some of the music off and put other music on.

WTF.  You'd think I was trying to build the damn player.  I cannot for the life of me figure out how to do what I want.  When I hook it up to the computer, it says there are no files on it, but only 85 mb of space available.  When I unhook it from the computer, Chris Isaak starts singing to me.  (which isn't awful, but how is he on my MP3 player when my computer says he isn't?)

How do I get the music off the player?

What operating system are you using?  Is there an "MTP/MSC mode" setting on the player?  Do you use this player for subscription (DRM protected) music or just stuff that you've ripped?

You might try using Windows Media Player 11 (or your subscription software if applicable).  Players that support subscription music are slightly trickier to deal with. 

dazie

Um- windows xp? 

There's no mode that I can find on the player- it's pretty cheapo

Wait- I found "USB>Auto Detect" or "USB>MSC"  It was on MSC... I'll switch to auto and see what it says.

dazie

Yay!  That worked!

Thanks Benny!   :-*

Bennyhana

Quote from: dazie on March 06, 2008, 10:54:46 PM
Yay!  That worked!

Thanks Benny!   :-*

No problem.  Erica and I both have SanDisk players, so I'm familiar with some of their issues.  The MSC mode is for transferring subscription music, and sometimes windows doesn't like to deal with it.  Windows 2000 will refuse to deal with it in that mode at all, which is why I asked about your OS.  I'm glad I could help.