News:

04/12/07 - Congrats to dots for snatching the real 200,000th post! Riding on her coattails, I guess we can spare some kudos to Jessie for the less real 200,000th post.

Main Menu

My fishtank

Started by sapphirehart, May 01, 2005, 08:20:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sapphirehart

I cleaned my fishtank today.  It was really gross.   It doesn't have any fish in it  (they all died). So, now it's clean and ready for some new fish.  What kind should I get?

Gamplayerx

sapphirehart

I was thinking a real pretty blue Betta and definitely one of those algae eater fishes.  Then again, a plain on gold fish might last longer than a fancy fish like the Betta.  Hmmm...decisions, decisions.

Gamplayerx

Or, you could get guppies and then those other fish that eat the guppies that I can't remember what they're called right now.

sapphirehart

The last batch of fish we had in the tank was some left over minnows from a fishing trip.  They were pretty tough fishes.  They lasted until Steven brought home a small bass from the pond and put it in the tank.  The bass ate them.  I made him take the bass back to the pond this afternoon.  Then, I cleaned the tank.

Jessie

Don't Betas like little spaces?
we should have kept the quote pyramid up to rape Jessie in the face.

ignom

Underneath this flabby exterior is an enormous lack of character.

dazie

Quote from: jessie on May 01, 2005, 08:57:51 PM
Don't Betas like little spaces?
They like as much space as you'll give them.  They can survive in a small jar because "they were born with a breathing organ that allows them to breath the same air we breathe, as well as gills to breathe under water"  (from http://betta-barracks.ourfamily.com/)

But never EVER put your betta in a vase with the plant on top and think that the fish will just live off the plant in a lovely symbiotic relationship.  The fish are carnivores- they need FOOD besides snacking on plant roots.

That said- get some dalmation mollies and some moors.  Very cool looking fish.  :fish:
"Pinky, are you pondering what I'm pondering?"
I think so, Brain, but how will we get the Spice Girls into the paella?

BigDun

16:26:25 [DownSouth] I'm in a monkey rutt

Youphoric

I really like Black Moor Goldfish. 

They're hardy bastages, too

DownSouth

The goldfish at the fair are the best.  They don't like roller coasters though.(just a heads up)
16:15:43 [Gamplayerx] Juneau, I could really go for some pie. You better Belize it!

Jessie

Quote from: DownSouth on May 02, 2005, 08:50:07 AM
The goldfish at the fair are the best.  They don't like roller coasters though.(just a heads up)

Funniest thing I've read so far today.  Even funnier than Youph's missing boobies.
we should have kept the quote pyramid up to rape Jessie in the face.